• P1010438.jpg
    P1010438.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 1,047

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oh dear - that looks a little underwhelming...

Nice view, though.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Jesus, embarrassing turnout. Enough to make a good manager think he's not in exactly in a football city.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jesus, embarrassing turnout. Enough to make a good manager think he's not in exactly in a football city.

True. There are more people on the f***ing beach!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Surely depends though. Remember in the Div 3 bus parade it was pretty low-attenance so most people there were just walking along with the bus. The Div 2 parade was much busier so people just staked out a spot along the seafront (I think). If there's that many people all the way down the front it looks like a lot of people!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'd love to be there, looks a nice evening for a couple of jars after a knees up!

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Media reports coming through of an estimated 12,000 crowd. Maybe considering timing in the day, the fact we have had a month of celebrations already and the route being a few miles long it is not going to be royal wedding proportions all along the route - but hopefully where it really counted at the end there was a big crowd?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I went and it got really busy by the time they reached the pier as many had waited in Madeira Drive. Players all had camera's etc. and appeared to be loving every minute, Noone banging the side of the bus and starting up songs. Was a decent gathering when they finally made it to the mezzanine level. Thoroughly good time.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Very disappointing turnout (nothing like 12,000), but then again it was hardly a spontaneous erruption of civic joy given that the championship was won several weeks ago. First league game at Falmer - now that'll be a crowd!

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Very disappointing turnout (nothing like 12,000), but then again it was hardly a spontaneous erruption of civic joy given that the championship was won several weeks ago. First league game at Falmer - now that'll be a crowd!

Totally agree. Poor turn out, perhaps less than 5k, but no wonder given the month of celebrating. Players looked like they were having fun! Roll on first league game, not too fussed about spurs!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think it was well attended, but I was at the front, so don't know how far it went back. But one thing will live with me forever, and that is Gus standing up there microphone in hand singing 'we're f***ing brilliant' The man is awesome. I have some pics if anyone is interested. The players loved it especially Calderon, he was grinning the whole time.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Probably about 5,000 max all told, but well worthwhile and those not there missed out, although Sunday teatime is a little bit of an odd time to do it. Charlie was a great MC and Gus with his "we're f*cking brilliant" was quality.

Glad I went :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here