Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic buying at the pumps

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Cue going up to PC Help to get fuel from Peacehaven Shell. What a joke. Expect this Shell to be empty within a couple of hours, then of course everyone will then rush to Telscombe so then this one will be empty too and then everyone will rush to Sainsburys, so then no one can get any sodding fuel.

Its only 110 miles to Luton, might cycle but by the time I get there my weekend will be finished and I will need to come back.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Too blooming right - my shed and garage are both full of full petrol cans; I hope I've got enough to get me through the weekend ???

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Esso garage next to where I work was packed this morning...is nobody in this country capable of individual thought? All everyone seems to do is follow each other like f***ing sheep...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I filled up at the weekend after I saw an email about problems ahead, I assumed it was going to be another protest like before rather than a strike

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Esso garage next to where I work was packed this morning...is nobody in this country capable of individual thought? All everyone seems to do is follow each other like f***ing sheep...

Same thing happens when Tesco is shut on Easter Sunday everybody has to make sure their cupboards are full in case they need something.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Imagine what would happen if they said that the water was being switched off for 10 days, how long would it take for the shelfs to be empty

How many greedy bastards would completely fill their trolley without thinking of anyone else?

Its exactly the same with fuel. Some people will fill to the top, even if they work only a few miles away.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's a simple solution.

Minimum spend of £25 for car owners. This will stop the :tosser: queing up to squeeze the odd fiver in - "JUST IN CASE"

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Imagine what would happen if they said that the water was being switched off for 10 days, how long would it take for the shelfs to be empty

How many greedy bastards would completely fill their trolley without thinking of anyone else?

Its exactly the same with fuel. Some people will fill to the top, even if they work only a few miles away.

Errr, that happened here last summer...although we didn't know how long it would be turned off for...cue people bulk buying bottled water in Tesco and flogging it off in the car park for vastly inflated prices. During the first couple of days, certainly up to the point where the bowsers were working properly, there were scuffles at water distribution points as people jostled to get more than their share of what was available.

Fortunately things then calmed down completely and people behaved in a more responsible and thoughtful manner.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Filled my CV 1 three weeks ago.

Probably need some more by the end of July.

Its the £35 road fund thats the killer.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
From the BBC....

"The union claims drivers' average pay before overtime of £32,000 has not increased since 1992. It suggests a wage of £36,000 a year would be fairer."

36 grand to drive a f***ing truck - wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanker wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If you think that is well paid to drive a tanker on the road then how about the blokes who drive fuel bowsers at airports...I gather they can earn £50k a year, no problem.

From the BBC....

"The union claims drivers' average pay before overtime of £32,000 has not increased since 1992. It suggests a wage of £36,000 a year would be fairer."

36 grand to drive a f***ing truck - wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanker wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bearing in mind that the annual earnings of Shell (in the UK) are £13,900,000,000, I'm not surprised that tanker drivers think that they might like a bit more.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Actually this is a classic example of the irresponsibility of the media. There wouldn't be a problem if they didn't suggest that there might be in order to get more listeners/sell more papers etc. This isn't a question of freedom of information/keeping the public informed. It's just scaremongering for profits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here