Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pandemonium Alert - Children's Parade 4th May 10am -12pm - Home to Wolves KO likely12:30PM

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I seem to run into it every year trying to get to the train station. The carnage it causes can best be summed up as having to wait a couple of minutes to cross Sydney Street.

Oh, the humanity!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The trains will be packed coming into Brighton, fallen foul of this in previous years, the usual 3 or 4 Southern trains are packed to the rafters with rowdy children and also packed with buggies and mums. Add to this the usual Football traffic on the trains, exoect loads of people to be left standing on the platform.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The trains will be packed coming into Brighton, fallen foul of this in previous years, the usual 3 or 4 Southern trains are packed to the rafters with rowdy children and also packed with buggies and mums. Add to this the usual Football traffic on the trains, exoect loads of people to be left standing on the platform.

But they're usually all in by 10 and won't be going home until after 12.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

So much like your average Saturday then ? The game hasnt actually been moved yet so what is this all about ?

Also remember that the Football League moved ALL the final days games to 12.30 about 6 months in advance, so dont expect anything short notice.

D

Deleted User X18H

So much like your average Saturday then ? The game hasnt actually been moved yet so what is this all about ?

Also remember that the Football League moved ALL the final days games to 12.30 about 6 months in advance, so dont expect anything short notice.

What are you on about? I am telling you now it will be 12:30pm kick off. As it has been for the last 20 years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That'll be arranged to a Tuesday night game then, especially if the perfect storm occurs and it happens to coincide with a whist drive somewhere in East Brighton.

D

Deleted User X18H

That'll be arranged to a Tuesday night game then, especially if the perfect storm occurs and it happens to coincide with a whist drive somewhere in East Brighton.

Whist in East Brighton? Try snap.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is the children's parade? What happens?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What is the children's parade? What happens?

At the risk of this being a whoosh momeht...

It opens the Brighton Festival. Schools are given a theme to work to and produce large sculptures with withies and paper, which they carry through town, starting near City College and ending up on the seafront. Everyone dresses up, there's Samba bands, etc. Younger primary school children love it. So do their parents. Their teachers pretend to.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I must have dreamt being at Barnsley last season for a 12.30pm k/o

You're the third person to mention that :smile:

I'm trying to remember why that was?

Wonder if it was something to do with an England friendly, or the run-up to Euro 2012?

Seems a bit daft now to have all the games start at 12.30pm. ???

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What are you on about? I am telling you now it will be 12:30pm kick off. As it has been for the last 20 years.

And look at what happened to the traditional Boxing Day Match.

In the world of football- take nothing for granted.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Never knew you work for the FL or Sky now......

Just because its been "traditional" to move it, doesn't mean it will happen. Boxing Day games are traditional, yet ours isn't being played on that day (this year anyway).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the risk of this being a whoosh momeht...

It opens the Brighton Festival. Schools are given a theme to work to and produce large sculptures with withies and paper, which they carry through town, starting near City College and ending up on the seafront. Everyone dresses up, there's Samba bands, etc. Younger primary school children love it. So do their parents. Their teachers pretend to.

Gotcha. It was a serious question. I have heard of it but had no idea what it was.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn't Grimsby on a sunday ???

It was, this season League 1 and 2 finish on April 27th. The Premier League finishes on 19th May. The main reason for moving the games was to give them more coverage, especially any promotion/relegation final day thrillers without worrying about the other divisions. With League 1&2 already done and dusted and 2 more Premier League games after the weekend of May 4th a lot the major reasons for moving the games are no longer applicable.

That's not to say they still won't be changed, the end of the 10/11 season was due to be on Sunday May 8th with 3pm kick offs and they changed that to Saturday 7th with 12:45 kick offs towards the end of Feb 2011.

D

Deleted User X18H

See I bloody told. Mayhem bloody mayhem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here