Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse Shirts in Town.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm walking up North St & strutting towards me is some pikey with his shiny new Palarse shirt on.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that this is a red rag to a bull. He's obviously doing it for a reaction, well he got one.

Would you say anything or am I a tad old for this behaviour?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
After my cricket match on saturday, i saw a kid coming out of Brighton pier with a Palarse shirt on. i shouted out SCUM on top of my voice!!!, i asked my dad to get me out of the car and run this palace kid out of town but my dad didn't stop. :angry:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
definatly got to say something. Cheeky fook wearing a palarse shirt in brighton. He's wearing it for a reaction and if no one responds, he'll blatanly think Brighton fans dont care and are a push over. Thats how id see it. Im pretty sure if i wore a brighton shirt in Croydump id get abuse. Why should we be so polite!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I saw one of the grey croydon people wearing such a rag on Hastings seafront the other day but bit my tongue as I was with my 3 year old daughter and the wearer of the rag looked useful too

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
brightonfan_86 said:
Are Palarse fans trying to take over Sussex? When i was with Scott about year back, i saw a whole family of Palarse fans. Wearing there Palarse shirts and scarves.

are you sure this wasnt outside withdean on albion vs palace match day?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
brighton_b0y said:
definatly got to say something. Cheeky fook wearing a palarse shirt in brighton. He's wearing it for a reaction and if no one responds, he'll blatanly think Brighton fans dont care and are a push over. Thats how id see it. Im pretty sure if i wore a brighton shirt in Croydump id get abuse. Why should we be so polite!

We wear all sorts of Albion wear and have nothing more than grins...so far. There are quite a few of us in Croydump (as you cleverly put it)

There is a distinction betwen a child and a grown up tho. I wouldn't advocate verbal abuse to a youngster!!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
smudge said:
I'm walking up North St & strutting towards me is some pikey with his shiny new Palarse shirt on.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that this is a red rag to a bull. He's obviously doing it for a reaction, well he got one.

Would you say anything or am I a tad old for this behaviour?

This is nothing short of an outrage smudge and fully deserving of an act of extreme physical violence. The same thing happened in Lewes last week, young shingle drew my attention to some idiot brazenly wandering up the high street with his palarse shirt on. Fortunately for him he slipped into the volunteer before he could be confronted I trust that you gave him a good shoeing

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
More worringly is the amount of people walking around town I recognise from the Goldstone wearing some kind of Chelsea paraphanailia with two fully kitted up kids with them.

Shouldnt we perhaps save our anger for these masses rather than the odd scummer down here on day release ??

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Rougvie said:
More worringly is the amount of people walking around town I recognise from the Goldstone wearing some kind of Chelsea paraphanailia with two fully kitted up kids with them.

Shouldnt we perhaps save our anger for these masses rather than the odd scummer down here on day release ??

Fair point at least they are loyal to the local team

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Driving through Worthing with acouple of mates about 3 years ago saw two lads on bikes wearing Palace shirts pulled up and drove along side them giving them a load of abuse, they were not at all happy, mind due did not leave my car in the town centre unattended for the rest of the afternoon though the car i had at the time was a tad recongnisable so it wouldn't have been advisable.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm confused. Was it the swearing Palace shirts that were handing out the abuse?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Another point to add about Chelsea up here in Huddersfield it's been looking more like west london lately the amount of Chelsea shirts, strong showing from Arsenal as well.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Perry Milkins said:

There is a distinction betwen a child and a grown up tho. I wouldn't advocate verbal abuse to a youngster!!
What catagory am i in? :lolol:

It's standard precedure to wear a Palace shirt if ever in Brighton. Everyone knows that :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I saw one in Worthing.... he was a fat geek so I was ok to shout abuse at him. :)

My mate who is a Palace fan never wears his shirt though, which makes me laugh. :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
always have a few things to say if I ever see a Scum top round town. Normally just a belting great Seagulls followed by a few chorus's of Albion does it. My non football fan bird particularly enjoys this

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I saw a guy in a Palace shirt in Crawleys Asda last night, we stirred at each other, then as I left Asda, I smiled at him and shouted Seagulls.:) I very rarely get abuse in Crawley for wearing my Brighton top which I wear at least once a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here