Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace...

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Actually last season we took rather a lot more away than you did and bear in mind we have father to travel for most games. Still don't let a small matter like facts bother you.

And I'm sure that if we'd been going up as Champions and you'd won one away game all season then we would have taken rather alot more fans to games than you did. But don't let a little thing like common sense bother you.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd say in terms of numbers, our away support is pretty similar really. Obviously I think we make more noise, but you can be the judge of that in a month and a halfs time.

Would hope so from rivals,mind you will have trouble hearing anything from the away end at the Amex-such is the noise levels set yesterday.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And I'm sure that if we'd been going up as Champions and you'd won one away game all season then we would have taken rather alot more fans to games than you did. But don't let a little thing like common sense bother you.

and i am sure if we played Peterborough in the championship rather than league 1,for a chance to stand(assuming this is still the case)in the first game of the season and being closer to London road by 50 miles-then i am sure we would have taken an extra 700 too.

ShitonSeagulls5-0

Aug 7, 2011
Fan by Fan, We are a far greater club that the BH Bumboys. We have a greater history, and at present, yes the limelight is on you, but i can help wondering where all these fans have come from....since a new lovely stadium? Interesting that the fans are on board when the ship is steady, but when Poyet is off to the Prem and more BH Bumboys are lured to Palace, a decline will be witnessed. Yes, administration twice, but by far our fans stick by our club, through the ups and downs (I prepare myself for the jokes of "you only have downs", but who was last in the Top flight of English Football, no comment). I would also like to say about our away attendance. Not only was there 3,291 yesterday, but boy do we make some noise (yes I said boy, dont get all excited). Just a few stats....Millwall: 2,617, Portsmouth: 597, Barnsley: 2,073, Leeds: 3,097 (NOT OFTEN YOU BEAT LEEDS AWAY FOLLOWING....OH....WE DID). In fact, we were only beaten by Birmingham and Leicester, says something? You can criticise us as much as you like, but us Palace fans are here to stay, and through ups and downs, are f***ing loud and loyal. Not so certain BH Bumboys following over the years has done that justice.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Am I the only one who sees a tiny bit of hypocrisy in this post? Of course, calling us all pikeys is fine, but how dare I suggest that you lot are bottom bashers!

best not pick up your wallet if you drop it then

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
and i am sure if we played Peterborough in the championship rather than league 1,for a chance to stand(assuming this is still the case)in the first game of the season and being closer to London road by 50 miles-then i am sure we would have taken an extra 700 too.

Nope, you've lost me.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fan by Fan, We are a far greater club that the BH Bumboys. We have a greater history, and at present, yes the limelight is on you, but i can help wondering where all these fans have come from....since a new lovely stadium? Interesting that the fans are on board when the ship is steady, but when Poyet is off to the Prem and more BH Bumboys are lured to Palace, a decline will be witnessed. Yes, administration twice, but by far our fans stick by our club, through the ups and downs (I prepare myself for the jokes of "you only have downs", but who was last in the Top flight of English Football, no comment). I would also like to say about our away attendance. Not only was there 3,291 yesterday, but boy do we make some noise (yes I said boy, dont get all excited). Just a few stats....Millwall: 2,617, Portsmouth: 597, Barnsley: 2,073, Leeds: 3,097 (NOT OFTEN YOU BEAT LEEDS AWAY FOLLOWING....OH....WE DID). In fact, we were only beaten by Birmingham and Leicester, says something? You can criticise us as much as you like, but us Palace fans are here to stay, and through ups and downs, are f***ing loud and loyal. Not so certain BH Bumboys following over the years has done that justice.

One/two serious flaw/s in your argument-WITHDEAN & GILLINGHAM..............hard to judge Brighton's support if you have only followed Palace since the early 1990's

Even the most hardcore Palace fan would admit what we have achieved since the Goldstone deserves praise.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
says it all really....thread closed.

What about at home? 'Oh but it was different circumstances' I hear you say. Well, similarly it was different circumstances away from home. Had we been top of the league by 10 points would we have taken more, no matter what league we were in? I dare say we would've.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

ShitonSeagulls5-0

Aug 7, 2011

That is the ultimate embarrassment. For football fans, miles are nothing. Travelling to Peterborough or Brighton, Palace fans attend. Hence, the whopping attendance yesterday (3,291....bigger than Leed's may I add). Claiming you are 50 miles shorter distance to Peterborough is the biggest joke, more funny than Christopher Biggins, no offence :p

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I wonder if Palace's much vaunted away support will drop if (or as the stats suggest, when) they keep losing away from home.

As has been said we averaged more away fans than them in a lower division last season....clearly their away support was fickle enough to get bored of going when they were unlikely to see a win.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Must go now-getting complaints from myself...

Roses are red,violets are blue,i hate crystal palace & so do i.

ShitonSeagulls5-0

Aug 7, 2011
One/two serious flaw/s in your argument-WITHDEAN & GILLINGHAM..............hard to judge Brighton's support if you have only followed Palace since the early 1990's

Even the most hardcore Palace fan would admit what we have achieved since the Goldstone deserves praise.

Surely that is evidence of poor support, as in the fact your club was forced to move there? Your owners sold your ground, seems rather 'un-loved'. Praise? What a man with cash to splash, yes yes all you Bumboys deserve credit for that! In fairness, Pink money is growing in price now :D :D haha

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That is the ultimate embarrassment. For football fans, miles are nothing. Travelling to Peterborough or Brighton, Palace fans attend. Hence, the whopping attendance yesterday (3,291....bigger than Leed's may I add). Claiming you are 50 miles shorter distance to Peterborough is the biggest joke, more funny than Christopher Biggins, no offence :p

hence 280 odd to Swanse-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here