Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Jordan sounds like some-one we used to know by the name of Archer.... you need to start doing what we done back then to let him know your feelings on the situ

...ation? But Jordan DOESN'T OWN THE GROUND, does he? I feel sorry for the bloke, we all treated him like a saviour back in 2000, as there were other allegedly more unsavoury characters like Jerry Lim hovering around at the time.

Like Tony Bloom, Jordan followed his hometown club from the terraces in his youth. Although I suspect Bloom watched Albion from the Director's Box..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes the local Council in Lewes have certainly supported Lewes FC from going under and therefore having to vacate the Dripping Pan.:thumbsup:

No I meant in objecting to redevelopment. Whilst Selhurst is in no way an area of outstanding natural beauty it's slap bang in the middle of a residential area which I'm sure current tenants Sainsburys would love to expand on (as would some local residents I suspect). The point is that it's Lloyds that want the money and given the fact that they owe the tax payer (that's you and me) a fair wedge they may be compelled to get the best deal they can. Frankly three million for the land seems far too cheap.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
No I meant in objecting to redevelopment. Whilst Selhurst is in no way an area of outstanding natural beauty it's slap bang in the middle of a residential area which I'm sure current tenants Sainsburys would love to expand on (as would some local residents I suspect). The point is that it's Lloyds that want the money and given the fact that they owe the tax payer (that's you and me) a fair wedge they may be compelled to get the best deal they can. Frankly three million for the land seems far too cheap.

I take your point. In some ways Selhurst is similar in situation to the old Goldstone, swallowed up by later developments and obviously a target for a large retail development, although now housing as well would be part of the deal.

I've always thought that there could be alternative sites for Palace south of South Croydon. But when this was raised under Ron Noades' regime he talked about somewhere on the M25, far too far out from Croydon for my liking.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've always thought that there could be alternative sites for Palace south of South Croydon. But when this was raised under Ron Noades' regime he talked about somewhere on the M25, far too far out from Croydon for my liking.

Yes, given the way Wimbledon fans gave up travelling when the moved to Selhurst I agree. The sickening thing is that the obvious answer is right near by, Crystal Palace Stadium. There are far fewer possible venues than even Brighton. I would have thought an alternative would be somewhere around New Addington given the road, rail/tram links but a whole lot of the land is Green Belt.

Of course the other snag is having the funds to pay for a new stadium as well. I can't see Charlton as a good alternative as that journey by public transport is little better than Wimbledon's to Selhurst. The obvious one would be Millwall but the snag there would be the Met Police who objected to us going there. Another possible alternative could be the velodrome at Herne Hill. Seeing as millions have been spent on a new one for 2012 the future for that is bleak yet it would be a good place for a football stadium (it would get a lot more use for a start).

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Did Jordan buy the club without the leasehold to the ground and was he not involved in a dodgy deal to get his mate to prize Selhurst away from Noades.

What is he now worth in comparison to what he earns.

May be more promising for them if a fans buy out happens and Jordan lets this deal go through.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Lets be honest, we were never going to match the bid of other companies including Sainsbury's. If we had increased our bid, they would have merely done the same to stay competitive because I am sure they are extremely keen to obtain the land and expand.

This is very good news if true. IF Lloyds and PWC had made CPFC homeless, the negative image portrayed in the media would of damaged them in the future. Whilst I'm sure a lot of people, mainly Brighton/Charlton fans would take pleasure from it, it would be a disgusting thing to do especially as we saw how much damage it did to Brighton's future.

Now we just need Jordan on board, I can't say I know all the details but it does seem it's more to do with his ego than the offer on the table. He drove his club into the ground and unfortunately he has to accept that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lets be honest, we were never going to match the bid of other companies including Sainsbury's. If we had increased our bid, they would have merely done the same to stay competitive because I am sure they are extremely keen to obtain the land and expand.

This is very good news if true. IF Lloyds and PWC had made CPFC homeless, the negative image portrayed in the media would of damaged them in the future. Whilst I'm sure a lot of people, mainly Brighton/Charlton fans would take pleasure from it, it would be a disgusting thing to do especially as we saw how much damage it did to Brighton's future.

Now we just need Jordan on board, I can't say I know all the details but it does seem it's more to do with his ego than the offer on the table. He drove his club into the ground and unfortunately he has to accept that.

There's also the negative image of a bank that owes the taxpayer millions allowing a property be undersold. Do you think that Lloyds give a damn about Palace ?

Feb 14, 2010
The Brighton and Palace situations are different. Archer asset stripped Albion, sold the ground to a company for £7 Million approx and that was resold a yea later for £30 odd million plus. Palace paid players money they could not afford and are in a higher division as a result. Will the administrator sell selhurst for a value below its worth? Well if he fancies getting sued he might

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
There's also the negative image of a bank that owes the taxpayer millions allowing a property be undersold. Do you think that Lloyds give a damn about Palace ?

Both Lloyds and PWC have already publically admitted that the negativity surrounding the two companies potentially selling to a non sporting company has been taken on board and it has certainly helped us.

Granted there are many reasons to hate banks which they do not care about, but we aren't talking about billions of pounds here, this is a one off sale for a ground who's owners are in administration.

To be honest, your opinions on the sale of Selhurst are rather pointless if we have bought it. PWC's main objective is to sell the ground, it does not have to be to the highest bidder because if Palace are in business, the ground can't be used for anything other than sporting events.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like Palace could be at Selhurst for next season , the trade off being a minimum 17 points deduction.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Both Lloyds and PWC have already publically admitted that the negativity surrounding the two companies potentially selling to a non sporting company has been taken on board and it has certainly helped us.

Granted there are many reasons to hate banks which they do not care about, but we aren't talking about billions of pounds here, this is a one off sale for a ground who's owners are in administration.

To be honest, your opinions on the sale of Selhurst are rather pointless if we have bought it. PWC's main objective is to sell the ground, it does not have to be to the highest bidder because if Palace are in business, the ground can't be used for anything other than sporting events.

If you have secured the ground then excellent news. I don't agree with the last paragraph in as much as if the consortimuim didn't buy the club because they couldn't afford the ground then the situation would be moot. No take over of the club hence no club and so developers would be free to build on the site. I suspect that it's all about the timing. I hope for your sakes that the purchase of the ground hasn't emptied the coffers .....

As for Jordan ... a Tosser of the highest order, unfortunately this could be your down fall. The only difference between him and Noades is the colour orange.
As for coming out of administration .... again. I don't blame the 'fans' for the situation but the fact that you laughed yourselves silly at our predicament says a lot about your fellow 'fans'

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Palace fans are just realising what we have known from the start, that Jordan is a :tosser: of the highest order.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
If you have secured the ground then excellent news. I don't agree with the last paragraph in as much as if the consortimuim didn't buy the club because they couldn't afford the ground then the situation would be moot. No take over of the club hence no club and so developers would be free to build on the site. I suspect that it's all about the timing. I hope for your sakes that the purchase of the ground hasn't emptied the coffers .....

As for Jordan ... a Tosser of the highest order, unfortunately this could be your down fall. The only difference between him and Noades is the colour orange.
As for coming out of administration .... again. I don't blame the 'fans' for the situation but the fact that you laughed yourselves silly at our predicament says a lot about your fellow 'fans'

Some of our fans laughed at your demise I remember, but not all. Some of your fans are laughing now at Palace's problems, but I've also seen some nice comments on here also. I've got a lot of Brighton fans giving me grief. Personally I don't agree with any of it but everyones different.

You're probably right about the stadium, none of us know what the outcome will/would be if CPFC2010 pulled out altogether, pretty bleak I'd imagine :cry:

Still a heck of a long way to go before our future is sorted out. Thank f**k we have the World Cup to distract us.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I feel sorry for the local businesses who will only receive a fraction (or nothing) of the money they are owed.

It's a sad day for scrap metal dealers, fried chicken restaurants and mobile phone unlockers in the Croydon area.

orpingtoneagle

Mar 19, 2010
I feel sorry for the local businesses who will only receive a fraction (or nothing) of the money they are owed.

It's a sad day for scrap metal dealers, fried chicken restaurants and mobile phone unlockers in the Croydon area.

Never mind they still have your business to fall back on :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here