Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

1066gull

Does anyone fear for them a little as were on the brink of a new era of renaissance?

One thing I want more than anything is a couple of seasons together in the Championship. As much as Im loving Southampton, Gillingham, Millwall and Charlton 'derbies' Palace is still the one true rival we have.

I really do not hope they start plummeting as we go up. I wanna play them a couple of seasons where we are both about the same.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Agree, I Hope the rumours that they are going into admin are not true, afterall we need to prove we are the bigger team once and for all.:clap:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Yeah. I dont want to see Palace go to the wall. A couple of seasons together in the Campionship would be good. Then see them fall to the bottom tier of English football for 20 seasons, with us getting to the Prem.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I Agree, I Hope the rumours that they are going into admin are not true, afterall we need to prove we are the bigger team once and for all.:clap:

Are these rumours anywhere except on here, not taking the piss, i really havent heard this.

1066gull

What makes you think they're about to 'plummet'?

Players leaving to mediocre clubs at best (Watson to 'boro for sakes!), falling attendances, less ambition, players dont just want to go there it seems.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Are these rumours anywhere except on here, not taking the piss, i really havent heard this.

Its been posted a bit on the CPFC BBS Forum though they seem not like to talk about it, they have had long term cash flow problems that have been well documented aswell....:rolleyes:

1066gull

TBH, they need a change in chairman as well.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
We won't plummet, don't worry, more like you need to come up, and that looks like a hard league next year, you are full of confidence now, but you aint exactly a good propersition for a good player. Maybe when Falmer is built, but not yet.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
We won't plummet, don't worry, more like you need to come up, and that looks like a hard league next year, you are full of confidence now, but you aint exactly a good propersition for a good player. Maybe when Falmer is built, but not yet.

Money speaks my friend:glare:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

Also apparently they are selling Selhurst.....
http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=165741
Article about the supposed sale from the Telgraph...

Fans of Crystal Palace Football Club are set to see their stadium sold as a development opportunity for £12.5m, according to confidential information seen by The Daily Telegraph.

The stadium's owners have instructed property agents Mason & Partners to sell the ground, with advice that "in the long term this site does offer considerable opportunity for a major mixed-use redevelopment".

Crystal Palace chairman and owner Simon Jordan claimed to have bought the ground in 2006 for £12m. However, it was done through a complex series of companies which obscured the identity of the final owner.
advertisement

Last year he was reported to be looking to raise £15m to refinance the property, offering investors access to income from the £1m rent roll from the ground.

The current deal, pitched as a sale-and-leaseback, offers investors a rent roll of £1.2m per year, or a 9pc return on the sale price.

Despite the wording of the sales brochure, which repeatedly stresses the development value of the 6.2-acre site, a potential investor would have to find an alternative home for the club before knocking down the stadium building on the site.

The local authority has stipulated it would not allow development at Selhurst Park stadium unless an alternative stadium is found ''within or near" the borough.

Under the terms of the sale, the stadium is being put on the market with the football club as the sole tenant. Under the terms of the lease, the club would have a 25-year lease with upward-only rent reviews every three years.

Simon Jordan made his money selling his mobile phone dealership PocketPhone Shop to One2One for £73m in 2000. The same year he bought Crystal Palace for £10m.

The club is currently seventh in the Championship. It has the dubious honour of being one of the most relegated clubs from the Premier League.

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
mmm alarming bells ringing here, but at least the council wont allow it to be developed unless they build a new ground. However i seem to remember Bill Archer getting around that by convincing the council that unless they grant planning permission for retail stores then they cant finance the new stadium. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
A couple of things here, if you also read the BBS you would also know that some very reliable sources have stated that Jordan is at 'advanced' stages of talks with a proposed buyer. What the term advanced means is anyone's guess but these sources work within the club so i would presume pretty reliable.

On the question of administration it is highly unlikely as Jordan is the gurantor of the liabilities ie the overdraft etc and if he just decided to walk away then these debts would be called in so to speak thus probably wiping him out. So these administration rumours are just that.

Like every club outside the Premiership (and even a few in the Prem), money is tight at our club but i feel the 'we have no money' brigade are alittle off the mark. Jordan wants out so is not going to throw the cash around like confetti as he has done in the past, it is economic and personal sense.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are you looking forward to next season though Mr Love Monkey?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I take it Jordan isn't worth very much now nor is Palace.How much is he expecting to cash in for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here