Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace the target of the next Russian oligarch?

Jan 12, 2012
" My friends husband told me", umm, sounds a bit dodgy to me. Anyway I'm sure the Russians wouldn't have as much wealth as Tony and his " various companies"

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I thought palace were owned by a group of billionaires anyway???

Collectively they have over a billion, yes. In 2010 they said they "have more money than anyone else in the league, except QPR".

They are learning from past mistakes and running the club sustainably. Foreign investment is not sustainable, ergo we won't be accepting it.

It's nice that they offered though, if true.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I thought palace were owned by a group of billionaires anyway???

Indeed. One of the 4 billionaires once bragged about having more money than Lakshmi Mittal and the rest of the QPR owners.

Why would they sell out to a Russian who is actually poorer than them?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Collectively they have over a billion, yes. In 2010 they said they "have more money than anyone else in the league, except QPR".

They are learning from past mistakes and running the club sustainably. Foreign investment is not sustainable, ergo we won't be accepting it.

It's nice that they offered though, if true.

I was just talking to your namesake down the Laundrette, you would think on 10k a week he would get a washing machine ffs

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Indeed. One of the 4 billionaires once bragged about having more money than Lakshmi Mittal and the rest of the QPR owners.

Why would they sell out to a Russian who is actually poorer than them?

Untrue. They said they had less money than QPR.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Kind of true. They actually only have £175,000 between them. But by factoring in the value of Zaha (currently £63.4bn), they then become among the world's richest individuals.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Anyone else find the whole thing with Palace's multi squillionaire owners posting on their internet messageboards saying how much money they've got and that?
Kinda reminds me of that Aldershot guy in the 90s. Attention seeking with lies? ???

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I think the whole thing with Palaces 4 " billionaires" has become iffy. After 2 years of owning the Club you would think they would show a bit of investment into it. Plans to build a new stadium have been scrapped - the Arthur Wait stand is a disgraceful deathtrap and their better players are hawked around for sale and they purchase from the lower leagues or clubs in financial difficulties. It doesn't appear to an outsider like a club with access to serious money.

I hate to say it but it looks like our good friends from the wrong end of the A23 have been duped.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If I win £105M on the Euromillions lottery on Tuesday I will gladly buy out the consortium for £20M. Winifred will be sold to West Ham for £3M which will go towards the wage bill , Freedman given his P45 so I can bring in Russell Slade as the manager and allow him to bring in the best players from Orient on 4 year contracts. If the club isn't in the bottom 4 with 8 games to go my only option left is administration to guarantee a 10 points deduction.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
" My friends husband told me", umm, sounds a bit dodgy to me. Anyway I'm sure the Russians wouldn't have as much wealth as Tony and his " various companies"

When did any Brighton fan ever claim that Bloom was stupidly rich without any kind of evidence? It's your own fans that are guilty of making such statements about your "mega-rich" investors that are so desperate for money they want a rugby team to play at your ground so that they may actually see some of their seats filled.
Even for a Palace fan you're an absolute ****. Just so you know.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I think the whole thing with Palaces 4 " billionaires" has become iffy. After 2 years of owning the Club you would think they would show a bit of investment into it. Plans to build a new stadium have been scrapped - the Arthur Wait stand is a disgraceful deathtrap and their better players are hawked around for sale and they purchase from the lower leagues or clubs in financial difficulties. It doesn't appear to an outsider like a club with access to serious money.

I hate to say it but it looks like our good friends from the wrong end of the A23 have been duped.

This is such an ignorant post, it's just full of rubbish.

Plans to build a new stadium haven't been scrapped at all, they have added another option of completely redeveloping Selhurst. There are now two possible choices, but a new stadium is inevitable. They aren't wasting money on Selhurst because we're not going to be there for very long.

Our best players are NOT being hawked around for sale. This is simply untrue. If they were, we wouldn't be turning down £7m bids for Zaha (BBC Sport - Wilfried Zaha: Bolton offer £7m for Crystal Palace winger). In the three years that CPFC2010 have been in charge, ZERO bids have been accepted for first team players. Not even one.

The owners aren't spending massive amounts of money because they want the club to be self sustaining. They want to leave the club far more stable and secure than they found it. They are, however, investing an extra £10m in the playing staff in the next 2 years before FFP comes in.

If you're going to post something as ridiculous as that, please make sure you've actually got some evidence to back it up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Plans to build a new stadium haven't been scrapped at all, they have added another option of completely redeveloping Selhurst. There are now two possible choices, but a new stadium is inevitable. They aren't wasting money on Selhurst because we're not going to be there for very long.
So nothing to do with Ocean Finance jacking up the APR to 4417% ??? Don't tell Groupon there is no long term plan for Selhurst as the naming rights for the redeveloped ground will be virtually nothing.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So nothing to do with Ocean Finance jacking up the APR to 4417% ??? Don't tell Groupon there is no long term plan for Selhurst as the naming rights for the redeveloped ground will be virtually nothing.

I think the official number of tickets given to Groupon this season was about 12. So, about 0.07% of our gates.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the official number of tickets given to Groupon this season was about 12. So, about 0.07% of our gates.

Wasn't there a game where 98 people went for the Groupon as the tickets were only a tenner ?

Jan 12, 2012
When did any Brighton fan ever claim that Bloom was stupidly rich without any kind of evidence? It's your own fans that are guilty of making such statements about your "mega-rich" investors that are so desperate for money they want a rugby team to play at your ground so that they may actually see some of their seats filled.
Even for a Palace fan you're an absolute ****. Just so you know.

The owners are wealthy in their own right, and they are trying to run the club sensibly without pumping in millions .Thanks for the **** comment, a well thought out response . ( wakner)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here