Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace striker hunt continues

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rosenborg striker Frode Johnsen has played down reported interest from Premiership newcomers Crystal Palace.
They are thought to be keen on the 30-year-old but he has indicated they would not be his chosen English club.

"Of course, the Premier League would be a great experience, but the contract offered to me by Palace stipulates that I must live in a caravan and have 'Tricia' tattooed on my testicles" he told Norwegian newspaper VG.

"But I'm having a great time in Rosenborg. I've played in the Champions League three times - something I will not do at Palace unless they relocate to Tripoli following a successful Colonel Gaddafi takeover." said the unheard of former herring salesman and viking helmet model.

Palace boss Iain Dowie was in Norway at the weekend as a contestant in the world Earthworm Jim lookalike competion, also saw the Norwegian international score his 11th goal of the season as league leaders Rosenborg beat Lillestrom Under 12's 4-1.

However, Johnsen does not anticipate leaving the club soon.

"I don't think that Rosenborg will let me go now anyway, as I am busy composing the Norwegian Eurovision song contest entry for 2005 in my spare time. The first line goes P-A-L-A-C-E, Stevie Coppell has VD, but I am struggling for further lyrics" said Johnsen, the current second-highest paid trawlerman in the Norwegian League.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Dowie hails new-boy Torghelle

Crystal Palace manager Iain Dowie hailed new signing Sandor Torghelle following an impressive debut against Sampdoria on Saturday.

Dowie told the club's official website: "Sandor played his first game and it may have been a bit long for him.

"He did well and he got stronger as the game went on. He'll get used to our way of playing and that's the trouble because you don't get that feel of how to play with people until you've actually played with them.

"He's good in the air, his touch is excellent and he's mobile, he's got a hunger about him.

"He's very brave and he also has very good feet for a big man. He sees the picture and he's aware and makes good little passes and we saw some good interchanges of play."

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
brighton rock said:
He'll get used to our way of playing

presumably dowie's got them all practising how to pick the ball out of the back of the net to save his goalkeepers pulling a back muscle from too much bending down...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here