Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace staying up ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
After last night's Battle of the Crap ended with a narrow one nil win for Pompey I see that Scunny are now just three points behind Palace with two games in hand. Can Scunny get past Palace ? I don't think so. Scunny beat a Blunts side in total freefall having gifted them a two goal start but I don't think that proves much. Palace under Friedman are looking halfway decent and I just can't see The Irons making their two games in hand count.

Any thoughts ? Do we want Palace to stay up or go down ?

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
After last night's Battle of the Crap ended with a narrow one nil win for Pompey I see that Scunny are now just three points behind Palace with two games in hand. Can Scunny get past Palace ? I don't think so. Scunny beat a Blunts side in total freefall having gifted them a two goal start but I don't think that proves much. Palace under Friedman are looking halfway decent and I just can't see The Irons making their two games in hand count.

Any thoughts ? Do we want Palace to stay up or go down ?

Recently and for the first time ever I've been hoping they do enough to get out of trouble because Albion v Palace at the Amex would be fantastic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If it was down to me it would be simple. Let them stay up, so long as they relegate Pompey in the process.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind just one season in a division above the pair of them to be honest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Que Sera Sera for me, stay up or go down, we will be above them for the 1st time in over a decade come the end of next season (if we can see out this season in current form)

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
As has been said, be good to play them next season. They've got a tough few games coming up though - after a home game against Reading, they play away at Burnley then home to Cardiff and then away to QPR.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
stay up please with pompey as well so thats 12 easy points then looooooooooool

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The last season we were a division above Palace was 1982/3, it would be nice to have that feeling again.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest assuming Palace stay up I do not think they'll be a pushover. It's clear their new board has money judging by the type of players they have signed recently and clearly they intend to get more. Postmouth are another matter but Palace are moving in the right direction without a doubt. I wonder how many of Pompey's expensive loan signings will be there after May. I know this much, if by some freak off chance all three south coast clubs come up Pompey will be all our bitches which would be a sight to behold.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
To be honest assuming Palace stay up I do not think they'll be a pushover. It's clear their new board has money judging by the type of players they have signed recently and clearly they intend to get more. Postmouth are another matter but Palace are moving in the right direction without a doubt. I wonder how many of Pompey's expensive loan signings will be there after May. I know this much, if by some freak off chance all three south coast clubs come up Pompey will be all our bitches which would be a sight to behold.
:lol:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Pompey look relatively safe now - let's have palace in the mix, thats 4 great games to look forward to ! (and west ham to come down (as long as they don't try and steal gus))

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here