Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
No offence, but that is utterly ludicrous. There is not one players amongt those who can make the step up 'without doubt'. You are just hoping they will, based on nothing.

Speroni ought to be okay - the keeper's job isn't any different in a higher league, but he is going to have a LOT to do.
Williams is a tremendous talent, who will do well in time.

None of the six you list would be starters at ANY other Premiership team.

I think Jedinak would be. Williams not far behind.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well Mr Foster, if you are going to get like that, how about you come back and talk to me when you have played in the Premier League?

I would love to when it happens, but do you think you will still be there?
Stop being shy, tell me what your new rivals think of the two star players Palace have signed, as I would have thought the opinions of fans in the same league is far more important. Or is it you think they might just laugh at tinpot Palace if you went on their boards and asked them?

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Not wishful thinking at all. I have have much better things to wish for.

I've no inclination to even guess how many points you'll get, but I do reckon you'll be comfortably relegated.

I actually said that I have a real doubt things will change before the start of the season, not that there is doubt, it's a subtle difference. I just base this on the standard of player you've been linked with, but no big deal, it is just a feeling.

In premier league terms I don't rate any of the players you have mentioned, except Williams.

I don't care if you cling to your Fool's Hope though :lolol:

You said earlier that you expect us to have an abysmal season. That would suggest that you see us having one similar to Derby's 11 points. Now I have pushed you on this, you fail to back up your views. Seems like bravado to me :lolol:

I don't understand you point about real doubt/doubt? In your post you said 'real doubt', I then quoted exactly this. What are you trying to get at?

As I have stated, we have 5 weeks to improve the squad and unlike you, we have a huge wedge to play with. We have already bid over £5 million for Shelvey this summer so it shows there is money available and we are willingly to spend big on the right quality players.

You don't have to rate the players I mentioned, but to be fair I doubt you see them week in, week out like I do. You can't rate your own team that highly though if you think we are going to have an abysmal season, given that we went through you like a knife through butter in the Play Offs?

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Fancy putting your money where your mouth is?
What a bold statement ?
Jedinack had enough ability to help us get promoted that's more than I can say about your shower,enjoy them bitter lemons and remember the Amex is ours.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
No offence, but that is utterly ludicrous. There is not one players amongt those who can make the step up 'without doubt'. You are just hoping they will, based on nothing.

Speroni ought to be okay - the keeper's job isn't any different in a higher league, but he is going to have a LOT to do.
Williams is a tremendous talent, who will do well in time.

None of the six you list would be starters at ANY other Premiership team.

Your opinion but to be honest, you prob saw us play no more than 3 or 4 times last year so you're not really qualified to judge them.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Jedinack had enough ability to help us get promoted that's more than I can say about your shower,enjoy them bitter lemons and remember the Amex is ours.

Jedinack :lol:

Nearly as funny as Carlton Cole :lol:

Amex yours? Funniest yet :rotlf:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

albionite

May 20, 2009
This season we're playing Super Scum Bingo , he is number 88 :thumbsup:

You beat us like a knife through butter, now I really know you are deluded. From what I remember we was all over you at your ground first half, fairy equal second half.
As far as the Amex you just sat back most of the game and soaked up the pressure, apart from the 5min spell Haha had it was pretty much equal and first team to score was going to go on and win. Surprised you have not been banned yet for being a wum.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
You beat us like a knife through butter, now I really know you are deluded. From what I remember we was all over you at your ground first half, fairy equal second half.
As far as the Amex you just sat back most of the game and soaked up the pressure, apart from the 5min spell Haha had it was pretty much equal and first team to score was going to go on and win. Surprised you have not been banned yet for being a wum.

You were outclassed, we did a proper job on you. Read the online reports, they all say it.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Fancy putting your money where your mouth is?
What a bold statement ?

Interesting he is stalling on signing a new contract, any truth in the rumour that Big Sam wants him at the Hammers. Must admit he really is Sam's type of player, all bustle and no brain.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Interesting he is stalling on signing a new contract, any truth in the rumour that Big Sam wants him at the Hammers. Must admit he really is Sam's type of player, all bustle and no brain.

Stalling on a new contract? More lies :rolleyes: He has only been back in pre-season training with us for around a week after being given additional leave due to playing for Australia. Who is your source for the Hammers link? The Major? :laugh:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You said earlier that you expect us to have an abysmal season. That would suggest that you see us having one similar to Derby's 11 points. Now I have pushed you on this, you fail to back up your views. Seems like bravado to me :lolol:

I don't understand you point about real doubt/doubt? In your post you said 'real doubt', I then quoted exactly this. What are you trying to get at?

As I have stated, we have 5 weeks to improve the squad and unlike you, we have a huge wedge to play with. We have already bid over £5 million for Shelvey this summer so it shows there is money available and we are willingly to spend big on the right quality players.

You don't have to rate the players I mentioned, but to be fair I doubt you see them week in, week out like I do. You can't rate your own team that highly though if you think we are going to have an abysmal season, given that we went through you like a knife through butter in the Play Offs?

Don't be ridiculous, that doesn't follow. As I said, I have no intention of predicting a specific point total - it's an irrelevant detail but that certainly doesn't void the view that you really will have an abysmal season, with little cheer. If you want my prediction I'll simply say 'low'.

Compare yourself to the other teams in your league, and then you can see why you have such grim prospects for the next 10 months.

I really do hope you spend your huge wedge, and as a result waste it all on a relegation season. Holloway has a poor record in the Premier League, you are set up for ( being charitable ) a bottom 2 finish.

As for the albion, well this thread isn't about them, and they are not facing Premier League opposition next year week in, week out. If we were, I'd be casting a very critical eye over our squad, but the time for that is a year or 2 away.

If you don't like hearing this sort of view, if your delusion denies it, perhaps you are better off not seeking it out on a Brighton Board ???

Seriously, absolutely seriously, you have no chance next year :lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Be interested in how many points you think we will get? Less than Derby in 2007? (11)

IMO, we already have players in Speroni, Ward, Jedinak, Williams, Bolasie and Murray (admittedly, not back till Jan-Feb) who can make the step up without doubt.

The signing of Thomas is a solid one as is KP to come off the bench. Dobbie looks a bit of a poor signing now we are up but i'm sure we can loan him out to a Championship club. How do you know players like Gayle and Campana won't be quality? There potential is huge.

You also say you have a real doubt this will change before the start of the season, how come? There is still 4 weeks to go till we kick off and we have a huge pot of money still left over to play with.

Seems like wishful thinking to me.

Quite sweet that you think the bulk of a team that scrapped into the play offs on the last day of the season are going to be good enough to survive in the top flight. Do you really believe that Bolasie can make the step up without a doubt?

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys if you survive or not but the confidence you seem to have is quite commendable considering a few months back you were all calling for the managers head and you have so far signed a championship player and a untested Spanish youngster .

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Stalling on a new contract? More lies :rolleyes: He has only been back in pre-season training with us for around a week after being given additional leave due to playing for Australia. Who is your source for the Hammers link? The Major? :laugh:

Does it take him a week to sign his name in joined up writing, I understand the delay now, carry on.
Actually someone from the Hammers.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Quite sweet that you think the bulk of a team that scrapped into the play offs on the last day of the season are going to be good enough to survive in the top flight. Do you really believe that Bolasie can make the step up without a doubt?

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys if you survive or not but the confidence you seem to have is quite commendable considering a few months back you were all calling for the managers head and you have so far signed a championship player and a untested Spanish youngster .

Don't forget that they are signing Carlton Cole as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
You were outclassed, we did a proper job on you. Read the online reports, they all say it.

Just as Chelsea somehow beat Barcelona & Bayern Munich - there's no doubt who the better teams are, but equally you cannot begrudge Chelsea a Champion's League win.

It's just that I'm happy to watch my team play football the beautiful way this season, with pride over the various superlatives that pundits use to describe the way we play. On the other hand, your lot will enjoy watching the way other teams play their football this season. But its okay, occasionally you will pull a 'proper job' on a team, and you can go away pleased - right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here