Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sell out Wembley [Merged]

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think it's the definition of plastic that is the issue.

I can't afford to go to many home matches, and unfortunately I can't afford to go to Wembley either. Does that make me "plastic"? No.

However, I know a couple of Brighton season ticket holders who live in Sussex but admit to being Man U fans, but like to go "local" football. They are the plastics. Those of you who have supported Brighton for years (although I hate you) I take my hat off to you. The plastics are the ones who might turn up every week to fill your shiny new stadium, but aren't REALLY B&HA fans at all.

I admit, some of the tickets we've sold for the final will be going to people who aren't really Palace fans, and they could be described as plastic, but at the same time this is a one-off event and Palace are the "2nd team" of quite a few people I know. A lot of them will be going with their mates as they really like the club, even if they're not actually Palace fans. The majority of the "extra" fans are true fans who, like myself, can't afford to go every fortnight.
Good point...all teams have their share of 'plastics'...but it is beyond me how anyone can have a second team...you are either a fan of a club or not. I was offered hospitality at the new Wembley...fare paid...free meal and drinks for the very first game there...might have gone...but Brighton were playing...no contest....will see Wembley one day I hope...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good point...all teams have their share of 'plastics'...but it is beyond me how anyone can have a second team...you are either a fan of a club or not. I was offered hospitality at the new Wembley...fare paid...free meal and drinks for the very first game there...might have gone...but Brighton were playing...no contest....will see Wembley one day I hope...

You won't understand until you meet someone you love, who happens to support someone else. Then you either embrace her team and get closer to her, or leave football out of everything. I regret getting involved.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You won't understand until you meet someone you love, who happens to support someone else. Then you either embrace her team and get closer to her, or leave football out of everything. I regret getting involved.
The girl from Swindon you once held hands with?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Palace sell out Wembley - yet get what 17k including away fans and a lot of free Groupons and free kids for big Champ matches.

Not plastic at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here