Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace reject £8M Chelsea offer for Bostock

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Palace reject £8M Chelsea offer for Bostock

tribalfooball.com - December 17, 2007

Crystal Palace have rejected offers of up to £6 million for 15 year-old superkid John Bostock.

Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal have all made firm bids for the midfielder. Chelsea have been the most persistent - after failing with a deal that could rise to £8m, they have asked Palace to name their price, says the Sunday Mirror.

Chairman Simon Jordan is adamant he wants to keep Bostock and continues to resist tempting offers to sell. But he accepts there is only so long he can keep the three Premier League clubs at bay.

This is mad! I want Bostock to stay, I love watching him play and I want to see him improve with the club but this kind of money is stupid.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Must push up the transfer value of Tiny if the big clubs want to pay £8M for Bostock.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Meanwhile, the rest of todays news from the Croydon area

rubbishCP2505_468x355.jpg

1066gull

if arsenal are going for an english youngster, he must be the next francis jeffers

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Sidwell and SWP struggle to get in the Chelsea side what chance has this lad of ever getting a break? Signing for Arsenal or Chelsea will mean 3 or 4 seasons of seat-warming for this lad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Got to go up the Arse, surely. Any kid with a brain [granted, he's Palace] would want to play for Wenger. The man is a genius, when it comes to developing young players.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
A player can't have a pro contract till hes 16 - he's not actually signed permanently - Anyone can train him - hes free?

In FM you just have to pay compensation which I'm sure would be a lot cheaper than £8 million then why don't Chelsea do this? I'm sure its the same IRL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here