Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace recruitment story in the Standard tonight...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. did anyone read the quite wonderful little piece in the back of the Standard today before I bother to post it ?

Lovely stuff

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. mmm, I left the paper on the tube.

Now if anyone can dig out their advert for a job in the Financial Times? this week we'll all be in for a much needed laugh.

The punchline in the Standard story was something along the line of "manager with families in the North of England need not apply..."

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
mmm I've found it !

Courtesy of Evening Standard

story.gif

Incidently where does the Standard sometimes seem to have it in for Jordan ?

Last edited:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Jordan banned sub-Standard journos from Selhurst some time ago.

Shitty paper read by non-football fans. The column written by the Chelsea (or is it Fulham) supporter Mellor is a disgrace. Good riddance.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
paulie said:

Shitty paper read by non-football fans. The column written by the Chelsea (or is it Fulham) supporter Mellor is a disgrace. Good riddance.
Despite your affliction, I agree with this sentiment. Mellor is a fuckwitt and the Standard is shit.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
paulie said:

The minute - and I'm not having a go, I mean it - your chairman starts banning the press from the club, be very, very alarmed at what he's hiding. That is inexcusable and the act of a wanker every time - Belloti, Scally and now the traffic light. Seriously, that's not a good sign.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
The minute - and I'm not having a go, I mean it - your chairman starts banning the press from the club, be very, very alarmed at what he's hiding. That is inexcusable and the act of a wanker every time - Belloti, Scally and now the traffic light. Seriously, that's not a good sign.

I think that it was a row about biscuits or something silly - no big conspiracy. Jordan just being arsey

You can hardly call Jordan publicity shy, can you? If he had something to hide he wouldn't be on TV all the time.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
paulie said:

agree TOTALLY, the Mellor bit (gone now I think) was merely an extension of the Chelsea programme wasn't it ?

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
paulie said:
I think that it was a row about biscuits or something silly - no big conspiracy. Jordan just being arsey

Yep, he started to charge the press for programmes and biscuits (good old Simon - concentrating on the important stuff!).

Leo Spall at the sub-Standard got all hoighty-toighty about it and wrote some attacking pieces - cue mass fall out, cue ban.

It's all a bit silly but not really something for us to worry about. It's not as if they were Duchy of Cornwall shortbreads!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here