Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace ---- Realistic expectation for 2012/2013

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
You were the one that bought up knowing your place at the table. Just saying that we had no right to compete and even stay up in the Championship while we were at Withdean. But the rest of your post is pretty much what I said earlier in this thread. You're balancing the books and survival must be the main target at the moment. But with a few new signings that may change to something a bit more optimistic.

We're bringing in a lot more cash from ticket sales etc than you, so we can afford to splash out a bit more. Although we haven't spent a penny in transfer fees yet this summer, so are also sticking to a budget. We certainly haven't got worse as a team over the summer, or lost any key players so it's right that most people see us challenging for the playoffs again.

I said playoffs are realistic targets for you lot.However saying and doing are two different things,Leicester Ipswich and a few others who spent or acquired freebies on high wages ended up with egg on their faces,or disappointing campaigns.
That's not to say you lot are paying fortunes but I'm realistic enough to think that Vicente. Bruno ,CMS or on or above £15,000 a week.
I haven't a clue who's on what at Palace but I here that Ambrose was our top earner on £13,800 a week.
I should expect that with the extra people BHA are getting through the gate your budget should be a little bit higher than ours.
Reading through the BHA expectations thread most of the sensible posters are saying playoffs however a fair few are saying automatic.
That I doubt.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think you are stronger and probably are better equipped for a go at the Playoffs this year,but beware of 2nd season syndrome a bad start and anything can happen Vicente falls out of love a big player out for the season etc.Who knows?
You also were out of your depth financially when you got promoted at the Withdean and couldn't hang on ,due to finances I know.
It's nothing to do with accepting our place at the table,it's just most of us involved at Palace are shit scared of getting back in a mess financially.We have not recovered yet but are slowly building and it may take 10 years to get promoted again I'm happier now the club is being run properly if that means Championship football then so be it.
Let's just wait and see as 10 th will mean improvement and if we keep doing that and not overspending and by introducing youngsters that's all we can ask at the moment.

Good post...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I said playoffs are realistic targets for you lot.However saying and doing are two different things,Leicester Ipswich and a few others who spent or acquired freebies on high wages ended up with egg on their faces,or disappointing campaigns.
That's not to say you lot are paying fortunes but I'm realistic enough to think that Vicente. Bruno ,CMS or on or above £15,000 a week.
I haven't a clue who's on what at Palace but I here that Ambrose was our top earner on £13,800 a week.
I should expect that with the extra people BHA are getting through the gate your budget should be a little bit higher than ours.
Reading through the BHA expectations thread most of the sensible posters are saying playoffs however a fair few are saying automatic.
That I doubt.

Complete Bo*****s regards our Wages. (Vicente was on a pay as you play last year)

Oh, and Murray's on 8.5k a week at your place.

As for us this season - depends on the last month of the window. I'm going for 8th, with Palace 16th

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think you are stronger and probably are better equipped for a go at the Playoffs this year,but beware of 2nd season syndrome a bad start and anything can happen Vicente falls out of love a big player out for the season etc.Who knows?
You also were out of your depth financially when you got promoted at the Withdean and couldn't hang on ,due to finances I know.
It's nothing to do with accepting our place at the table,it's just most of us involved at Palace are shit scared of getting back in a mess financially.We have not recovered yet but are slowly building and it may take 10 years to get promoted again I'm happier now the club is being run properly if that means Championship football then so be it.
Let's just wait and see as 10 th will mean improvement and if we keep doing that and not overspending and by introducing youngsters that's all we can ask at the moment.

If all cp comments on here were as reasoned then their supporters might be more welcome on NSC.

Sadly......................................

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Does not sound like they have much of a transfer kitty or McCormack is in reach from this article on sky sports

Eagles boss admits it's difficult to compete against richer teams

Dougie Freedman has confirmed Crystal Palace are interested in French striker Alexis Allart.

The 25-year-old has spent the last few days training with the south London outfit, but the Eagles manager stressed no deal has been concluded yet.

Allart came to prominence following a successful campaign with Ligue 2 side Boulogne where he netted 12 goals in 32 games.

And with funds limited at Selhurst Park, Freedman is trying his best to be imaginative as he closes in on the £300,000-rated marksman.

Fitness levels

"Alexis has been in for a couple of days fitness testing," Freedman told Latest - London 24.

"We want to set up the fitness levels. When we make a signing we want to get it right."

Indeed, this is the stage of the year when most teams are making new additions to their squads but the Eagles chief maintains Allart is the only one in their sights for now.

Characters

"We are not close on other targets," he added. "We want to get the right type in with the right characters and ability.

"We need to wait and see. It's difficult right now when your competitors can pay big money.

"I think Hull signed a striker for £2.5 million. When that happens, you've got to be patient and you look for that rough diamond."

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
If all cp comments on here were as reasoned then their supporters might be more welcome on NSC.
Sadly, they believe what CPFC2010 tell them.
Quote from LAST season, from CPFC2010- "Last season was about staying up, this season is about consolidation, and next season is about promotion"
Not quotes, but- "We're gonna build Crystal Palace a new stadium" ...."We won't sell our best players" ..."We're gonna do this, that, and the other..."
They take it as the truth, and cannot see beyond their rose and blue tinted specs.
It's not going to happen boys, wake up and realise that your owners are bullshitting you.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's a shame that we seem to have the only reasonable sounding Palace supported on this thread. Where's Dougie gone and Seaside.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
the fact that we beat pompy 5-1 without our strongest team suggest that we should easily be staying up if not going up.

That's either a terrible fishing attempt or one of the most ill-informed posts I've ever seen on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here