Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace reaction to Zamora signing.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Well in the 1990's, Palace spent 5.5 years in the Prem and 4.5 years in the Championship (or their equivalents). Perhaps not surprisingly your own achievements in that decade are best forgotten (except of course they aren't).

I'd imagine you had to research that pretty quickly seeing as you were probably born around 2000-2001?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to know that they can't get to grips with having a rival in the Premier League, they clearly know their level and their true rival. All good, we'll meet again soon enough, let's keep the pot bubbling.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The proper, old school romantics among the Palace support will understand why this is fantastic news for us, even if they pretend otherwise. The opinions of the rest simply don't count.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Your life must be so full of excitement to be spending your Tuesday morning on another team's message board.
Absolute loser.

School holidays isn't it and, to be fair, there's a not a lot to keep yourself amused with in Croydon. I'd imagine he will spend a hour on here before plugging into Championship Manager for the next 6 hours with one hand down his crotch.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
School holidays isn't it and, to be fair, there's a not a lot to keep yourself amused with in Croydon. I'd imagine he will spend a hour on here before plugging into Championship Manager for the next 6 hours with one hand down his crotch.

Ah good point.
I didn't think that he's probably a youth.

Either way, if I was on my school holidays, I'd be out at Hove/Wish Park at 10am playing football until it got dark.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The colour scheme on there actually made it painful to read.

We're very lucky with NSC. I don't think I've seen a better run football forum.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You're not going for Jimmy-Floyd as well?? At least Bobby Zee won't need a courtesy car, he must have a bus-pass by now..:lolol:
Hmmm very comforting to know that when Bobby has to renew his bus pass, he will have to do it two years after Speroni and be joined by Hangeland and Delaney :ffsparr:,

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The proper, old school romantics among the Palace support will understand why this is fantastic news for us, even if they pretend otherwise. The opinions of the rest simply don't count.

I quite understand the romantic side of it,its what footballs about, its just David Hopkins second spell ruined past memories, and this time last year we re-signed Andy Johnson which was less than successful.

But BZ was a great player and the sort of forward I love to watch...but don't expect too much he is 10 years older and on the way down not up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would be interested in what the jolly jestermen think about this.

It won't be a proper, and fair opinion, and will be negative and sneering just for the sake of it.

However, I might be being unfair, as I haven't read that link, nor anything on that BBS for years.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would be interested in what the jolly jestermen think about this.

It won't be a proper, and fair opinion, and will be negative and sneering just for the sake of it.

However, I might be being unfair, as I haven't read that link, nor anything on that BBS for years.

To follow

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

I think that comment is a bit harsh and not necessarily true . But in saying that they say you should never go back and his best years are well and truly behind him :wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
hashtag of the day #**** Palace

Well in the 1990's, Palace spent 5.5 years in the Prem and 4.5 years in the Championship (or their equivalents). Perhaps not surprisingly your own achievements in that decade are best forgotten (except of course they aren't).

All that was a different club, the original Palace.

This new one was only formed in 2010.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I think that comment is a bit harsh and not necessarily true . But in saying that they say you should never go back and his best years are well and truly behind him :wink:

I think we know that his best years are behind him Dougie as they were when he played for us .

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I quite understand the romantic side of it,its what footballs about, its just David Hopkins second spell ruined past memories, and this time last year we re-signed Andy Johnson which was less than successful.

But BZ was a great player and the sort of forward I love to watch...but don't expect too much he is 10 years older and on the way down not up.

I am not expecting "too much" but obviously plenty more than you would have expected from Johnson (especially with the alternative striking options you had.) BZ had a decent season in the Premier League so there is no reason at all to expect that he can't perform in the Championship. Nobody is expecting 40+ appearances and 30 goals. He definitely strengthens us though whichever way you slice it.

We needed a lift (in my view.) This will help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here