Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace re name smellhurst park

Good post from a fan with a moral compass.

Whether it's £100k, a million or ten million, it's money that by and large is taken out of the pockets of those with the gambling bug in order to further promote what can very easily become a disease like alcoholism or drug addiction. The high street is already riddled with bookmakers on every corner, now it's going to be in every Palace fan's face, with the history of the name Selhurst Park merely shat upon in the name of money.

Such a shame the rest seem to be rubbing their hands at the prospect of extra money.

:nono:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Whether it's £100k, a million or ten million, it's money that by and large is taken out of the pockets of those with the gambling bug in order to further promote what can very easily become a disease like alcoholism or drug addiction. The high street is already riddled with bookmakers on every corner, now it's going to be in every Palace fan's face, with the history of the name Selhurst Park merely shat upon in the name of money.

Such a shame the rest seem to be rubbing their hands at the prospect of extra money.

Are credit card companies any better? Get off the high horse.

Not keen on the idea or the company involved but it will always be just Selhurst to most.

Spimunk

Jun 17, 2011
West Sussex
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375999237.720531.jpg

It'll be interesting to see who 12Bet cheer for when Wigan arrive to Croydon

St Moritz

Nov 19, 2012
Shows the way that football has gone. I wonder if they'll get Kenny Sansom in for the grand reopening...

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Just to clarify I meant generally that grounds in the middle of town is how football should be.

I got your meaning and agree with it. Pompey, Liverpool, Port Vale, Burnley, just a few of many that spring to my mind. Always a bigger buzz than an out of town stadium.

I think Norwich City is the best example of this. Carrow Road has a superb location, just a few minutes' walk from the city centre and very close to the railway station, meaning you can easily make the last train back to London after a night game. The last time we played there, the crowd was over 25,000 if I remember correctly, but it still took just a few minutes to get back to the station. The Brighton Station site would have been brilliant (though not so good for drivers I suppose), and extremely convenient for Brighton's business district. Carrow Road is very well used by businesses during the week (a quick survey by myself revealed every business suite in use), something I understand we are not fully exploiting.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Its, Selhurst park sponsored by 12bet...but not happy. Bloody modern football.....

Shouldn't that be Nobhead Stadium sponsored by 12 bet?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Are credit card companies any better? Get off the high horse.

Not keen on the idea or the company involved but it will always be just Selhurst to most.

Charge card darling, that's what AE are known for. Credit card came later.

The Sun Newspaper this morning

"Eagles BET on new name"

THE HARD "SEL" - Crystal Palace's Selhurst Park will be renamed The 12Bet Stadium.

:clap:

#soldyoursoul

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This is awful news. I mean.....

One man went to burn (burn)
Went to burn down the 12bet stadium.....

It just doesn't scan right :nono:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

You don't honestly believe all that crap do you ? You've always got to have the moral high ground haven't yer .

You don't honestly believe all that crap do you ? You've always got to have the moral high ground haven't yer .

I didn't take the moral high ground, you presented it to us, indeed to the rest of Football.

CPFC2010, FUNDING ADDICTION SINCE 2013 :nono:

Shirley all Palace posters on here will now have to be renamed - Dougie1bit , LittlehamptonEagle2bit, Seaside3bit, etc..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here