• Liverpool

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Palace

Votes: 73 86.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No brainer surely. Anyone who is looking forward to Liverpool in the Carling Crap more than meeting our arch rivals on a level playing field (slanted heavily in our favour it has to be said) for the first time since 1463 cannot surely call themselves a dyed in the wool Albion fan. Throw in the Glenn Murray subplot and it's the ultimate no-brainer!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a good question...I'm not sure, they are both a bit mouthwatering. Can we call it a draw?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No brainer surely. Anyone who is looking forward to Liverpool in the Carling Crap more than meeting our arch rivals on a level playing field (slanted heavily in our favour it has to be said) for the first time since 1463 cannot surely call themselves a dyed in the wood Albion fan. Throw in the Glenn Murray subplot and it's the ultimate no-brainer!

You'd think I agree, BUT beating Liverpool would give me as much pleasure as I expect us to beat Palace and I'm not anywhere near as confident of beating Liverpool which would be a massive scalp. Beating Palace is what most teams in this division manage.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You'd think I agree, BUT beating Liverpool would give me as much pleasure as I expect us to beat Palace and I'm not anywhere near as confident of beating Liverpool which would be a massive scalp. Beating Palace is what most teams in this division manage.

Is hard to deny that they're two of the most mouthwatering games in our recent (or even distant) history, but for me Palace is 'serious business' whereas the cup is a more of a fluffy sideshow, Liverpool FC or not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Liverpool. Palce will be epic, but the world will be looking at the Brighton/Liverpool match.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Maybe a bit crude but Liverpool is a meaningless game in which we are expected to lose but anything else is a bonus. More of a glamorous show piece.

Palace on the other hand means everything to me and a proper chance to finally confirm we are actually ahead of them in terms of quality on the pitch. Nervous and excited all at once.

Liverpool will be fun but won't come close to the Palace game.

(Reserve the right to change this posts after both games have been played :smile: )

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
palace for me:thumbsup:

to be honest , the exact same

Liverpool is a FANTASTIC draw , no one can deny this - however it is the league cup.

Palace is rivalry , and more importantly Palace is another chance to add points... and hopefully get one over them of course

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
atmosphere for palace,(they will be down lunch time),but football wise liverpool for sure

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Liverpool. Palce will be epic, but the world will be looking at the Brighton/Liverpool match.

We don't want any of that malarkey going on MacKenzie! With our squad on fire and the Premier League sharks beginning to circle all future games must be played behind closed doors with no TV coverage whatsoever!!!! The fewer people who know anything about us, our manager and players the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here