Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace on the up?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
West Hoathly Seagull said:
My earlier post was meant in the usual tone of friendship between our two sets of fans, but seriously I shall be interested to see how Campbell and Co cope with Andy Johnson when you play Arsenal. By the way, is Routledge still showing the promise he was when we were last in the same division.

no defenders will enjoy the pace of johnson as for routledge he's getting better game by game trouble is he is out of contract in the summer and can leave the palace for next to nothing so if he will not sigh a new contract soon he will be sold in janaury most lilkly to spurs for 4-5 million
the best palace player on the park and the next one to watch for palace yesterday was 19 year old ben watson who came up through the palace kids team as well,he played a blinder fron centre midfield.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
he's not ready yet but may be one day,i have never seen a striker work so hard he,s got real pace and in the last two seasons he has found out how to finnish and he will only going to get better

7 goals in 8 premeriship games and 32 goals last season speak for themself

Top goal scorers

1 Henry 8

2 Johnson 7

3 Anelka 6

4 Hasselbaink 6

5 Pires 6

6 Reyes 6

7 Pedersen 5

8 Yakubu 5

9 Gudjohnsen 4

10 Hendrie 4

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
brighton rock said:
the top english goal scorer in the premeriship is andy johnson
andy.......................................

_40448559_johnson_getty200.jpg
JOHNSON. f***ing brilliant performance by the whole team. Top 10 at this rate.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah but you only beat West Brom. We beat LEEDS! They were in the Champions' League not so long ago y'know.

PS - Sadly I do think you'll stay up. Blackburn, Southampton and either WBA or Norwich will go down.

No_To_Falmer

Oct 9, 2003
Tunbridge Wells
Stumpy Tim said:
We're not having a repeat of the Geoff Thomas debacle

The same bloke who played nine times for England and was never on the losing side. The guy remembered, by people who pick up their footballing information from David Baddiel, for scuffing a chip against Frnace at Wembley when he'd just played the most amazing one-two with Lineker.

People think Geoff played in those abysmal performance under Taylor like the USA defeat but, media pressure from big club snobs meant he'd already been dropped by then. He never let anyone down in an England shirt.

PS - AJ not ready yet but Sven should take a look anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Johnsons problem is that there a few in front of him....Rooney, Smith, Vassell, Owen, Defoe.

Its a shame because I really rate him

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I rate Johnson above Defoe and Vassell is out for a while now. Could Johnson get a call up for the Spain friendly??

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
No_To_Falmer said:
The same bloke who played nine times for England and was never on the losing side. The guy remembered, by people who pick up their footballing information from David Baddiel, for scuffing a chip against Frnace at Wembley when he'd just played the most amazing one-two with Lineker.

People think Geoff played in those abysmal performance under Taylor like the USA defeat but, media pressure from big club snobs meant he'd already been dropped by then. He never let anyone down in an England shirt.

PS - AJ not ready yet but Sven should take a look anyway.

On a serious note I heard that GT was diagnosed with cancer. Haven't heard much since.

Here's hoping he has dug in and fought against the illness.

No_To_Falmer

Oct 9, 2003
Tunbridge Wells
Perry Milkins said:
On a serious note I heard that GT was diagnosed with cancer. Haven't heard much since.

Here's hoping he has dug in and fought against the illness.

Cheers Perry.

Geoff was diagnosed with Myeloid Luekemia this time last year but has had a bone marrow transplant after his sister was found to be a match.

He's been at a few Palace games recently and has been looking well. I don't claim to have any inside info but he appears to have every chance of beating it.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
saafend_seagull said:
33-1 to be top goal scorer - nice to see the bookmakers rate him :lolol:

well i took 125/1 at the start of the season with £10 e/w on it.

which means they change their minds alot

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here