Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on MOTD

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The Main Stand has the issue with the safety certificate, The Arthur hasn't.
In saying that, the concourses and facilities are inadequate in there.

No, he deffo said the AW ( and he works for H&S, albeit not in the area where SP is located)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Were you there? No, I thought not. 1st half was very even, Chamachk had easily the best chance when he went through 1 on 1 and if he had elected to shoot rather than proceed to do a horrendously stupid dive it could have been a different story. 2nd half we came out the blocks slowly and were 2 down within 5 minutes, game over. It's a ruthless league.

Southampton 61% Crystal Phallus 39%, Southampton 12 shots 3 on target, Phallus 8 shots, none on target, very even

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
He's been poor last few games but I believe once he adapts to the league he will improve. He started very slowly in the first 3 months of his Palace career and then went on to be a huge player for us in The Championship.

I'm under no allusions and I firmly believe we will be going down unless things change big time. It seems that we have bought players that are excellent in the Championship but the jump to the Prem is at the moment proving a step to far. But with the money we have plus the squad we have assembled, we will have a great chance of going back up next year if the worst happens this year.
Ah! poor flying elbow been poor tut! tut! Seriously though...how about your multi million pound player from the posh....when is he going to score...?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think any team would fancy their chances if they drew Palace in the Cup. Hollowhead would pick a "weakened team" (if that is possible) to concentrate on Prem survival. Lets face it - the team that got up last year did it by the skin of their teeth and their best two players Zaha & Murray are not available. The squad they have at the moment would struggle to compete in the Championship, so it's not surprising they are rolling over every week in the Prem.

They have Bolton written all over them.:D

Major....don't think Hollowhead will still be manager at the end of the season...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ah! poor flying elbow been poor tut! tut! Seriously though...how about your multi million pound player from the posh....when is he going to score...?

I happened to have fantasy football on over the weekend and they had him plus two others doing the left foot right foot corner challenge, they were awful.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Can't be @rsed to trawl through all the posts on this thread... but just for my own sanity, as it's been playing on my mind since I first saw MOTD yesterday, has anyone mentioned Holloway's sartorial choices for Saturday? Was he going to a wedding after? Looked like he'd grabbed his outfit from a jumble sale on the way to Southampton..

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Can't be @rsed to trawl through all the posts on this thread... but just for my own sanity, as it's been playing on my mind since I first saw MOTD yesterday, has anyone mentioned Holloway's sartorial choices for Saturday? Was he going to a wedding after? Looked like he'd grabbed his outfit from a jumble sale on the way to Southampton..

Haven't you heard? The waistcoat and rolled up sleeve look is on the way back! Next week I predict he'll turn up in combat trousers and a Hawaiian shirt, hopefully with a big straw hat and a carrot stuck on his nose. If he were to round it off by having a big piece of straw in his mouth and hay sticking out of his wellies I'd be especially pleased.

Anything to distract from the disaster unfolding on the pitch eh?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It did add to the bizarre hilarity that is CPFC. They really are an odd bunch. It's like a plucky League Two FA Cup team somehow won a couple of games and that meant they got into the Prem for a season as a fun little reward. I love it. It's a novelty.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Haven't you heard? The waistcoat and rolled up sleeve look is on the way back! Next week I predict he'll turn up in combat trousers and a Hawaiian shirt, hopefully with a big straw hat and a carrot stuck on his nose. If he were to round it off by having a big piece of straw in his mouth and hay sticking out of his wellies I'd be especially pleased.

Anything to distract from the disaster unfolding on the pitch eh?

It was amazing. At one stage he had his waistcoat undone to reveal a tie that wouldn't have looked out of place in my fifth year school photo it was that ridiculously short. I almost spat my cornflakes out.

He has a really disturbing wide eyed look about him at the moment, like he's about to be picked up by the Operation Yewtree officers...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was amazing. At one stage he had his waistcoat undone to reveal a tie that wouldn't have looked out of place in my fifth year school photo it was that ridiculously short. I almost spat my cornflakes out.

He has a really disturbing wide eyed look about him at the moment, like he's about to be picked up by the Operation Yewtree officers...

I actually thought he'd be a bit more laidback this time round, 2nd time in the Prem so he knew what was coming, and no pressure to keep Palace up at all. He seems to have gone the other way, with hilarious results.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Holloway looked like an absolute clown next to the Saints manager in his crisp understated suit. He's got the fashion sense of a 10 year old.

Playing for him as a professional athelete must be like getting a crap job in Asda whilst your studying a phd in astrophysics and getting told what to do by an overweight nigel that smells oddly of sour milk.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I posted a paul hayward tweet in the ipswich match day thread...

Paul Hayward ‏@_PaulHayward 28 Sep
In grey waistcoat, pink shirt and red tie, Ian Holloway looks like the father of the bride getting angrier and angrier about the catering.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I posted a paul hayward tweet in the ipswich match day thread...

Paul Hayward ‏@_PaulHayward 28 Sep
In grey waistcoat, pink shirt and red tie, Ian Holloway looks like the father of the bride getting angrier and angrier about the catering.

That's it. Bang on.
I assumed he was wearing it as an extended punishment by the FA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here