Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on a slippery slope.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Beeb.. Were safe now for play offs.

All the same look like your limping across the line without any confidences

I mean **** me, losing to 10 men? We did that once at Withdean and it was bloody embarrassing but we were shite and your meant to have the best players in the division according to some of your deluded mob.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We've only been in top 6 almost all seaosn:thumbsup: So yes must be shite:nono:

I didn't say you are shite you have a problem with reading comprehension, clearly.

I said when we were very very shite it was very embarrassing for us to get beaten by 9 man Walsall.

Whilst you are a team in the top end of the Championship and have been beaten by 10 man Blackpool and that has to be very embarrassing and bad morale for you players. It could I suppose give them a kick up the arse, remains to be seen!

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I think they were 3rd.

Hardly turned into a shit side based on that logic. When Freedman left we were 3rd I think. We then went up to 1st shortly after Ollie joined and have slid back down now to 4th. I don't think we're playing as well (ignoring the last three games even) but it aint so bad considering. It is often a little easier earlier in the season with less suspensions and injuries to deal with for managers.

We're no World beaters but we're 4th and that must be on merit (God knows how sometimes).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hardly turned into a shit side based on that logic.
It's too early to be sure what Worzil has done for you. Just as it's too early to sack a manager after a year, as it takes time for them to get the team playing their style, 5 months isn't long enough for him to take a top team and turn it either way. As things stand though, you looked better with Dougie in charge. Do any of you know what went of for him to want to leave? He obviously had a better chance of promotion with you than with Bolton, so it didn't make a lot of sense to an outsider.

We're no World beaters but we're 4th and that must be on merit (God knows how sometimes).
Yep, I guess. Although while they say the league doesn't lie, I think it does tell the odd white lie. Teams can be luckier one season than the next.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
It's too early to be sure what Worzil has done for you. Just as it's too early to sack a manager after a year, as it takes time for them to get the team playing their style, 5 months isn't long enough for him to take a top team and turn it either way. As things stand though, you looked better with Dougie in charge. Do any of you know what went of for him to want to leave? He obviously had a better chance of promotion with you than with Bolton, so it didn't make a lot of sense to an outsider.

Yep, I guess. Although while they say the league doesn't lie, I think it does tell the odd white lie. Teams can be luckier one season than the next.

No idea on the Dougie leaving reasons. It does seem to be a mix of a bigger salary and the promise of funds to spend on transfers. Add to that the fact that the owners were slow in offering a long term deal - but it was Dougie's first managerial role so you can understand their reluctance in rewarding what is really only a few months work. Apart from the period from September to November I was never impressed with Dougie's management or style of play. Way too defensive and dull. But then maybe Ollie is a bit too gung ho! As you say I think any manager deserves a full season including both transfer windows and a pre season at the least.

It's nice to not have to worry about relegation since August. Can't remember the last season like that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here