Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace NOT confident

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Me too. I think after the leeds game, gus will want to keep it tight at the back, and often times when a team that has been scoring freely but conceding a lot focus on defence, they score less, too.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
What are the odds, after all this build-up, all this tension, that it turns out to be a dour 0-0? Personally I also think it'll be close - can't see it being another Leeds game. I bloody hope not, anyway - no way my ticker could take a game like that against the old enemy. :ohmy:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
All depends how we start (we can't do a Liverpool or Leeds and not play between 5 and 35 minutes)... Don't let Palace get any foothold and move the ball quickly to the front two (be cute in and around the box) then I think we'll have too much for them. Might even get a couple of pens.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Should be a comfortable 3-0 win at least. But we've all seen how Mickey Mouse inferior teams can raise their game against bigger opposition, so maybe a closer 2-0.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
speroni is a very good keeper but if barnes put a penalty in exactly the same spot as the previous two he wouldn't have a cat in hells chance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hope the Palace 'keeper wasn't watching telly on Weds or Fri then. Both pens in exactly the same spot.

They weren't exactly the same as the Liverpool one went into the roof of the net before falling and the Leeds one went in at head height. They were both to the keeper's right I grant you. The top corner is very difficult to get a hand to and keep out.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We'll paste them, pure and simple ... I got it wrong against Leeds but it's a prophecy waiting to happen ......... 4-0

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's got 3-0 written all over it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hopefully they will bring back Clyne at RB which gives Gus the opportunity to play Vicente in the starting 11 to link up with KLL on the left wing.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
i would love for it to be another Liverpool or Manchester United thrashing of the highest quality, nothing less than 9-0 will do imo. Then those f***ing pikey nigels will never mention 5-0 again.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We've only won two by more than the odd goAl this season and we don't seem to create loads of chances. I see no reason to assume palace will capitulate. 2-1 to the good guys.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
4-0 three goals in first half, one in second. A smash up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here