Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace must be DESPERATE for cash.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Ahah, now tell me.

Why did Southampton have to sell their best young talent last year to Arsenal? They are in a considerably better position then you both in terms of fan base, infrastructure, and finance but they sold because the demand was there and the young player wanted to go.

So either your are either extremeley myopic in your views towards the true talent of Zaha by suggesting he's only good enough for a top 6 team. In which case, why hasn't one made an offer for him?

Because it was a brilliant deal? I'm sure we'd take 15m, even though Wilf is better than Chamberlain was when he was sold. There is no doubt that we'd sell him for 15m, but he knows that staying is best for him. Which is why he signed a five year deal.

It's not me that suggested that, it's Dougie and the media. Also; Liverpool, Arsenal, United and Bayern are all scouting him every week. We have had offers to the tune of 6/7 million turned down from Liverpool last year. The ease with which he beat Park and the rest of the United defence would have impressed most managers (Including Ferguson)

He's staying because he's at a club where he is adored, and gets better coaching than he would anywhere else. He's not ready for the big 6 yet, but he will be when we sell him.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If 10 mil was on offer for Zaha then someone should of bitten their hand of and sprinted to the bank before they realised they had bought George Weah's cousin.

Zaha isn't worth 10 mil the world's gone mad.

(wasn't it Southampton that signed/trialled George Weah's cousin???? that was so funny!!!)

Clearly you've seen him play what, twice? Did you see him destroy your back line? Uniteds?

I think Freedman, Ferguson, Dalglish, Wenger etc. would disagree. We sold Johnson for £9m and Wilf has far more potential even than AJ.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Clearly you've seen him play what, twice?

I think Freedman, Ferguson, Dalglish, Wenger etc. would disagree. We sold Johnson for £9m and Wilf has far more potential even than AJ.

Another 1 season wonder that only scored penalties

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Another 1 season wonder that only scored penalties

Premier League team of the year up front with Henry. Second top scorer overall, behind Henry. Scored 35 goals in one season in the Championship.

One season wonder my arse.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
21 goals in premiership 8 of which were penalties, i know you've got to score them but if you can't score from 12 yards as a pro striker there must be something wrong in my eyes.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Desperate or not, making available tickets for kids and U18's at those price should be applauded by all footy fans. I hope BHAFC take a similar approach following the expansion of the Amex.

Because it was a brilliant deal? I'm sure we'd take 15m, even though Wilf is better than Chamberlain was when he was sold. There is no doubt that we'd sell him for 15m, but he knows that staying is best for him. Which is why he signed a five year deal.

It's not me that suggested that, it's Dougie and the media. Also; Liverpool, Arsenal, United and Bayern are all scouting him every week. We have had offers to the tune of 6/7 million turned down from Liverpool last year. The ease with which he beat Park and the rest of the United defence would have impressed most managers (Including Ferguson)

He's staying because he's at a club where he is adored, and gets better coaching than he would anywhere else. He's not ready for the big 6 yet, but he will be when we sell him.

:laugh:

are you allowed sharp objects in there ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
21 goals in premiership 8 of which were penalties, i know you've got to score them but if you can't score from 12 yards as a pro striker there must be something wrong in my eyes.

84 goals in four seasons. Pretty impressive if you ask me, a long way from a one season wonder. Most of the penalties he won himself, don't know why people say that scoring pens is a bad thing or somehow doesn't count. The majority came from being brought down trough on goal where he was likely to score.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
No need to accept multi million £ bids for players because all the debts can be written off if need be as HMRC are toothless in getting various taxes paid back when a club goes into administration.

Not toothless at all. They have plenty of weapons in their armoury regarding creditors of bankrupt companies, However, HMRC recognise that football clubs are not like "usual" businesses. An attitude that helped us quite considerabley once..............

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Did you not watch BHA last season???????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here