Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace must be DESPERATE for cash.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
from the oxford dictionary,

'The form gotten is not used in British English but is very common in North American English, though even there it is often regarded as non-standard.'

Not used much any more but it is a Saxon word and as stated survives in some words such as the already stated ill-gotten and also in begotten. It only fell out of use here sometime after Shakespeare. Shakespeare used the word himself, if it's good enough for the bard........

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I like the word 'gotten'. I also like the word 'anon' as in 'I shall do it anon'. We should keep these words in use.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
I paid upfront so presumably will pay when the reminder comes up in March.

A question, if I may. What's the general consensus around Selhurst with regard to ST renewal? At Withdean (until last season) the savvy amongst us wouldn't get a ST knowing there was always seats available on the day, you only have to miss a few games a season for the net cost of a ST to be more than the combined price of a ticket for each game. This 'helped' suppress ST sales. What gives with all the offers and Groupon deals? Are the ST prices at CPFC sufficiently low enough to attract customers or are people now cherry picking matches to go to?

Personally speaking, I could have saved a few bob by not having a ST but I'm lazy, it's a habit and I had a certain pride in saying I was a ST holder but not everyone is as uber-fan as that.

We had one Groupon deal, as a trial, you have to get new people to attend, if groupon gains us 500 extra fans that may return and pay full price for a ticket, I dont see the problem, the board are very aware of discounted ticket "at the gate" they will only under cut ST holders 2 or 3 times a year, or I would maybe change to buying all the deals and saving a few quid, we are lucky that the new owners think how fans think, take the FA cupm this weekend, Derby have offered their supporters a ticket for £12, as ST holders at Palace we have been offered the same price (as the FA cup says any deal is offered to ALL) Derby are trying to fill their ground saturday (average gate over the last 5 yrs 22,000?)
We have a Home cup tie (Semi-Final:)) against Cardiff on Tuesday (ST do not cover these games as with most clubs) and an away leg in 2 weeks time, so I doubt we will take huge numbers to Derby (teams you play all the time gets boring)
With the problems we have had in the last few years, it is inevitable we would lose fans (had the opposite effect with me) the board want the club to be self sufficent, it makes sense? so we need to rebuild our fanbase, if that means good deals on ST "before" the season, I dont have a problem with that, I'm in the lower Homesdale and pay on average £17.25 per game, thats not bad, and I think we are trying to introduce the system you have in place of interst free, 12 month rolling "contract" which will make it cheaper (I hope)
Have your ST gone up? or do you pay and not check the statement?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
:rotlf: Says someone from Pala*se.

Had we not produced Zaha, we wouldn't have him. Hes too good for Palace and will be too good for Newcastle too. Neither Palace, Brighton or anyone else outside the top 6 in the Premiership would be able to attract him. He is already too good for this League, and he'll only keep getting better.

The only reason a player of his quality is in the championship is because he's from our youth setup.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Not used in British English? What about 'ill-gotten'?
Is that the same word then? I always thought 3 extra letters and a hyphen made another, different, word. Could be right could be wrong, it's a long time since Iwas at school I might have forGOTTEN.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You're funny. I just love how the football world values one of our players more highly than your entire first eleven :). Not that he'd be sold of course, Zaha and Williams are on long contracts.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's only people like you and the South London Press and maybe the Croydon Advertiser that value Zaha at that much. Frankly if anybody was prepared to offer half that then Parrish would snatch their hands off. Parrish is starting to make the same proclomations that Tangoman and Goldberg made before the brown stuff hit the airconditioning.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A) There is no such word as gotten used in correct English , it may pass as literacy in chav town and america but not in the educated world .

B) Greasy Freedman is already a proven liar.

C) As already stated your tinpot club are making absolutely nothing from a good number of season tickets that were sold by the gay willy wonka. Your cup run is paying for those seats.

D) Your shit and you know you are

One of the best posts in NSC history. I can't explain why (point D).

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You're funny. I just love how the football world values one of our players more highly than your entire first eleven :). Not that he'd be sold of course, Zaha and Williams are on long contracts.

RE accepting Championship status, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case! We're expecting mid table and anything better is a bonus. This is a rebuilding season while we wait for Zaha and Williams to get a bit older. Our team gets better every season with another year of experience for our brilliant kids :). Some excellent signings of internationals have worked well for us (Jedinak and Parr) and we've done very well in the market without actually spending more than a million or so. We've just bid for one of Derby's best players, Bailey, and it looks like we might be getting him in. We've got another regular international on trial in Tshabalala.

Steve Parish: "We don't create young players to sell them. We create them to get the best out of them, get us promoted and then hand them to Manchester Unjted when they're ready. Our players are going nowhere."

To be fair..our last Jesus-type John Bostock is being allowed to go to the States by Spurs after his exalted career crashed. I woould rather we had £10million now than Zaha to be honest. The recent game against Brum on the box we seemed to be lost without Zaha, that's dangerous. No one player should motivate a team.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
To be fair..our last Jesus-type John Bostock is being allowed to go to the States by Spurs after his exalted career crashed. I woould rather we had £10million now than Zaha to be honest. The recent game against Brum on the box we seemed to be lost without Zaha, that's dangerous. No one player should motivate a team.

Bang on. perhaps you could teach some of your more deluded fuckwits how the real world works. No matter how good Haha is he will never make as big a contribution to a game as the 3 or 4 quality players you could get for the money he'd bring in. Personally I hope he stays with you lot for a long long time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Had we not produced Zaha, we wouldn't have him. Hes too good for Palace and will be too good for Newcastle too. Neither Palace, Brighton or anyone else outside the top 6 in the Premiership would be able to attract him. He is already too good for this League, and he'll only keep getting better.

The only reason a player of his quality is in the championship is because he's from our youth setup.

Ahah, now tell me.

Why did Southampton have to sell their best young talent last year to Arsenal? They are in a considerably better position then you both in terms of fan base, infrastructure, and finance but they sold because the demand was there and the young player wanted to go.

So either your are either extremeley myopic in your views towards the true talent of Zaha by suggesting he's only good enough for a top 6 team. In which case, why hasn't one made an offer for him?

If you think he's staying because he likes playing in front of 12,000 Nigels complete with cringe 'forza' stand in your ramshackle shithouse GroupOn stadium you're extremely naive.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ahah, now tell me.

Why did Southampton have to sell their best young talent last year to Arsenal? They are in a considerably better position then you both in terms of fan base, infrastructure, and finance but they sold because the demand was there and the young player wanted to go.

So either your are either extremeley myopic in your views towards the true talent of Zaha by suggesting he's only good enough for a top 6 team. In which case, why hasn't one made an offer for him?

If you think he's staying because he likes playing in front of 12,000 Nigels complete with cringe 'forza' stand in your ramshackle shithouse GroupOn stadium you're extremely naive.
What ridiculous thing to say.

That 12,000 gate included 2-3,000 Leicester fans so it's only 10,000 Nigels, tops.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What ridiculous thing to say.

That 12,000 gate included 2-3,000 Leicester fans so it's only 10,000 Nigels, tops.

The gate was 15,000 with maybe 2k Leicester fans. Over twice your average for the last decade :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The gate was 15,000 with maybe 2k Leicester fans. Over twice your average for the last decade :)
What about our average this season, seeing as your comedy 12,000 groupon fuelled gates have been, you know, THIS season?

I saw you got 16,000 for a derby game against a team 7 miles up the road. Excellent turn out.

LOL

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What about our average this season, seeing as your comedy 12,000 groupon fuelled gates have been, you know, THIS season?

I saw you got 16,000 for a derby game against a team 7 miles up the road. Excellent turn out.

LOL

We had ticket sales restricted heavily by Police. No tickets on the door, only those with a history can buy, etc. Away fans severely limited too. It would've been 21k odd like it was against West Ham.

I have no idea what group on is, but we average 15k this season. Pretty average. Certainly better than you've had for decades!

I saw you had about 5000 fans left in the ground when Murray scored, fudge packers.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
If 10 mil was on offer for Zaha then someone should of bitten their hand of and sprinted to the bank before they realised they had bought George Weah's cousin.

Zaha isn't worth 10 mil the world's gone mad.

(wasn't it Southampton that signed/trialled George Weah's cousin???? that was so funny!!!)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We had ticket sales restricted heavily by Police. No tickets on the door, only those with a history can buy, etc. Away fans severely limited too. It would've been 21k odd like it was against West Ham.
Oh no. If only we had to deal with that at the Amex. Or any time over the past decade.

Oh wait, we did. Tit.

I have no idea what group on is, but we average 15k this season. Pretty toilet.
Fixed.

I saw you had about 5000 fans left in the ground when Murray scored, fudge packers.
Most emptied AFTER he scored. There are mitigating factors behind this anyway, transport issues principally. Lets see how many of our 2,700 leave early on January given that your hideous place is sandwiched between 3 easily accessible stations and has plenty of parking near by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here