Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace might get cocky! but hello. RESERVE squad mean anything???? Tw*ts

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Grrrrr, I hate giving Palace credit. But that was a sensational result, and I know I would be crowing if it were us that beat Utd. Well done you lot, and believe it or not, I'd like to see you make the final.

The only reason any BHA fan could possibly want Crystal Mighty to 'make the final' would be because he/she would:

1. Want them to lose
2. The extra match (plus possible replay) could have a negative effect on their league fitness/performances.
3. It puts players like Zaha and Speroni in the shop window for a quick sale.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I guess that puts your win over Man City's reserves a couple of years ago in perspective. Didn't Ched Evans start up front?

No, he came on as a sub.

Man City: (4-4-2) Schmeichel; Zabaleta, Dunne, Tal Ben Haim, Ball; Ireland, Kompany, Johnson (Elano, 103), Fernandes; Jo (Caicedo, 91), Sturridge (Evans, 60). Subs not used: Hart (GK), Garrido, Hamann, Logan.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
No, he came on as a sub.

Man City: (4-4-2) Schmeichel; Zabaleta, Dunne, Tal Ben Haim, Ball; Ireland, Kompany, Johnson (Elano, 103), Fernandes; Jo (Caicedo, 91), Sturridge (Evans, 60). Subs not used: Hart (GK), Garrido, Hamann, Logan.

That side was weaker than United's side yesterday.

JAT.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They managed to beat the only team I hate more than them. Hats off to the pikeys. It was a good result. Brilliant goal for the equaliser as well.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yep have to agree well done palace and yes can we have Murray back and you get Paynter to replace him ( he's class )

huge

Mar 23, 2011
United had 8 internationals on the field. Palarse played well. Good result for them. When murray came on I thought " I bet that bastard wins it for them" he played well. Tough to admit. Well I hope the extra games have a bad effect on their league performance.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
The only reason any BHA fan could possibly want Crystal Mighty to 'make the final' would be because he/she would:

1. Want them to lose
2. The extra match (plus possible replay) could have a negative effect on their league fitness/performances.
Not really, Speroni hasn't played a single game in the Carling Cup this season. We've been using our RESERVE keeper Lewis Price. I thought our reserves did very well to beat a side with 9 internationals in the team last night. f***ing delighted.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

1. Want them to lose

You read my mind on two out of three counts Cheeky Monkey. Imagine a Man City v Palace final, could be quite a few goals in it.
May finish below us with fixture congestion's/tiredness.

I hadn't thought about the shop window aspect, but yeah that's another bonus.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Fantastic result for Palace, this season is one they are going to remember for ever, beating us at Falmer then Man U even Fergie had to apologise, cant get much better than that.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Manure played many internationals last night, but were outplayed.
For one night, I thought it was good that CP won, and knocked the overpaid prima donnas off their perch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, he came on as a sub.

That side was weaker than United's side yesterday.

JAT.

Utter nonsense.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Brighton knocking out Man City and CP doing the same to Manure, were both excellent.
For once I put the rivalry to one side, and found the whole thing hilarious. For example, £31m Berbatov flopped against Championship defenders, and UK-media-hyped-Valencia did nothing.

Jameson

I was in Manchester for a conference so as I'd never been to Old Trafford I thought it was about time I went. Of course I was hoping to see Palace spanked good and proper by the "mighty" United but they were lucky not to lose over 90 minutes, never mind the extra time. They were awful; players with squad numbers of 49 and 51 but they also had a few players with prem experience in the line up. I have to say well done to Palace though, as they looked fitter and better organised by a mile and their midfield in top form (of course it pains me to say all this). I also enjoyed all the songs about us, so felt almost at home. Murray was class. I felt so sorry for the young United lad behind me saying "dad when will they bring Rooney on?". And all this for top price tickets, pretty shameful really and explained why in reality there were only about 35k United fans there when you take off the away following and the "counted in" prestige members who clearly didn't turn up. I can think of better ways to spend £50 but good luck against Cardiff, knock yourselves out in readiness for our crushing victory against you lot on 31/1. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here