Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace make Kyle and Ashton bids

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Palace make Kyle and Ashton bids

Crystal Palace have made £2m bids for Sunderland's Kevin Kyle and Crewe's Dean Ashton.

The newly-promoted Eagles are signalling their intentions to compete in the Premiership by making bids totalling £4m for the cream of Division One.

Scottish international striker Kyle has scored 16 goals this season, including three in four meetings against Palace.

The 6' 3" striker would certainly provide the aerial threat that Palace currently lack as Neil Shipperly is coming to the end of his career.

And Ashton has also been prolific against Palace this season - scoring three goals in their two meetings as he racked up 20 goals for a struggling Crewe side.

The England Under-21 international looks set to be the next name off the Crewe production line, with the Railwaymen unlikely to turn down £2m for the 20-year-old.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But where's the premiership experience? That is what teams need to stay up nowadays. How about an audacious bid to bring Atillio Lombardo back to Smellhurst?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
But where's the premiership experience? That is what teams need to stay up nowadays. How about an audacious bid to bring Atillio Lombardo back to Smellhurst?

that would bring back some magic moments,but i dont think his zimmer would hold him up for 90 minutes

as for premiership experience who is there who is worth buying at the moment

fowler
henery
owen
may just want a few more quid a week than palace will pay

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£2 million bid for Kevin Kyle, now that is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

Good one Palace, pin your hopes on a clumsy great giraffe :lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Didn't West Brom take Ashton on trial at the beggining of last season then decide he wasn't good enough for their 1st division campaign (yes 1st division, not premiership)... They then bought his strike partner at Crewe, Rob Hulse.

:jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seriously, Palace would be better off with Kylie up front than Kyle.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
must say i'm not sure on kyle not seen him play much but palace do have lots of pace going forward but lack a big man upfront with shippley getting old now

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's a few players knocking about that i reckon would relish a return to the premiership on the cheap.

John FARTson from Celtic wouldn't cost much more than a couple of million??
You could raid Leeds for Matteo and Harte.

I would rather have a few players that know what it takes to pick up points in the top league than those who have been playing in the first all their careers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
brighton rock said:
with shippley getting old now

Think it's not so much the "old" you need to worry about as the FAT.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Stumpy Tim said:
Doomed. Completely doomed. And it's only June

and brighton are going to do better in div 1?

palace will find it hard but if they were to drop,they would be about 70 million quid better off over the next 3 years with the payments for dropping out of the premership.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice to see you're concerned with the glory and not just the money ;)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
They dont need to buy them cream of divison one, they need to buy experienced premiership has beens (see portsmouth) to even stand a chance of escaping the drop.

PALACE GOING DOWN...AND WASTING THEIR MONEY AT THE SAME TIME!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
brighton rock said:
and brighton are going to do better in div 1?
Erm, yes. We actually have a chance of avoiding relegation whereas you don't. And the bookies agree.

I'd be delighted however, if you could muster 6 points over the course of the season. As long as those are from Pompey.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace never beat Pompey, it's just one of those strange football things. Like us and Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here