Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace in for Greer ?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
No thanks, would rather play an academy player than spend money on a defender who's never played in The Championship.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You have never seen him play have you? Oh hang on have you not just signed a striker that has NEVER played in the championship. In your dreams could you have a centre half like big gordon!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No thanks, would rather play an academy player than spend money on a defender who's never played in The Championship.

Yet you're happy to throw a fairly considerable amount of money on wages on a striker who has never played there....

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
TONY BLOOM SEEN SHARING AN AMERICAN HOT PIZZA WITH RUUD VAN NISTELROY IN COVENT GARDEN BRANCH OF PIZZA EXPRESS!!

North Stand Chat and Football Madeupcrap are both eyeing up copying some illiterate drivel from Soccer Shite to add to their threads this morning.

Cutting and pasting his own story while pretending it was real across 12 different sites this afternoon, someone who really knows the inside score honestly and isn't just a 15 year old in his bedroom claimed that if he could get his plucked-from-the-air rumour to appear on more than 15 of these tedious websites by midday then it would become a self-fulfilling prophecy, obviously, but added that it was necessary to make every sentence go on for at least 110 words in order to make it sound convincingly like someone who can't write trying to write.

Slinging in a TOTAL AND TRUE FACT like it's now 207-81 ON at SkyBet that this rumour will include a fake Twitter message by this evening makes it CERTAIN that it will happen. Just wait and see.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
In retribution we should start a rumour on their messageboards by picking Palace's best players and suggesting Gus will be in for them...oh hold on...can't name a single Palace player who would get into the Albion first team. Scrap that.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I suspect you might be right about the rumour being false. Fun to share though as it helps everyone realise not to believe everything you read on the Internet.

What's your thoughts on the aggressive, extremist nature of forum posters? Or the fact that posters like attention seeking and others winding each other up?

Forums are strange places full of strange behaviours.

Personally I like the fun of the transfer rumour mill better than the spit roast gossip.

This bit, couldn't agree more

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
In retribution we should start a rumour on their messageboards by picking Palace's best players and suggesting Gus will be in for them...oh hold on...can't name a single Palace player who would get into the Albion first team. Scrap that.

Really?! I'd take Darren Ambrose tomorrow and probably Danns too.

The big diffeerence between Murray and Greer is that Murray was out of contract, we had no control over where he went. Only a move to the Prem would see GG leave and that ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nope. Can't see it happening.

For starters THAT photoshop picture would need to be re-edited to show Greer carrying his own head!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
This really is the silly season. Can't wait for first reports of sightings of the Beast of Bevendean or the Seven Dials Puma.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
This really is the silly season. Can't wait for first reports of sightings of the Beast of Bevendean or the Seven Dials Puma.

It's on its way. I hear it's reached Cooksbridge level crossing. Be scared if you live in Brighton. Be very, very scared. (Actually I posted that because someone claimed to have seen the Sussex Puma in the Cooksbridge area. It turned out to be a bloke taking his dog for a walk after dark. Bit like these rumours really).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Played for Doncaster in the championship as it goes, and the SPL, and signed for Blackburn in the Prem.

You still can't have him though.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
cool_story_bro475.jpg

TWAT!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I feel if Gus wanted Murray and was regularly going to play him, he would have kept him and come to an agreement. I feel Gus felt he could do better with his resources. Hopefully he is bringing in better.
That doesn't make sense to me. We need new players regardles, but as Gus pointed out, we don't want too many new players that aren't used to working with Gus or their teammates, so we'd be best keeping hold of the ones that are good enough to help with continuity. Murray was obviously our best striker, even though we're looking for better I'd expect him to have got a lot of games. Palace valued him at more than we did, agreed, but I imagine Murray still felt confident he'd be in our first team.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Greer to Palace? No, I don't see that one. If you're going to start a rumour, please start a better one - Michael Owen to Brighton, for example (except that one's been done already)

By me..must ask the Seaford chipshop sauce about this!

Seriously i would have thought Greer would want to stay at Albion at least to see how the Albion team progresses in the Championship. Might be a target at Xmas though.

35yearstop2divs

May 16, 2011
from what i know about greer i very much doubt this . gives away loads of free kicks and poor disciplinary record , i reckon poyet may well not see him as a starter for you next year if you are going to spend a few quid . Lots of pace in championship strike forces he could be a liability in which case i hope he starts every game for you .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here