Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Game - Postponed [was on/off?]

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. There wasn’t a like for like service - no. Travel outside of Sussex was of course extremely difficult/limited. But a plan was put in place and staffing and vehicles was arranged.
And thousands used it. But there definitely were posters arguing that that was going to be impossible on here and likewise some are saying the same for Palace. (And agreed the scale and complexity of Palace is very different so who knows…but the club have a good track record).
(PS: The small crowd at Brentford wasn’t just about transport )

A quick google for bus driver shortage shows this is a nationwide problem with news stories from all parts talking about bus companies losing drivers. B&H buses had a recruitment day this weekend to try and get more drivers as they do not have enough to deliver their services. Seagull Travel have scaled back routes as they can't get the same number of coaches as previous seasons. The club may have a good track record but they cannot summon up resources that don't exist.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
It's going to be the bloody Monday isn't it? With a holiday booked safe in the knowledge that there is never ever a game on the Monday at the start of the international break 😄

I really don’t see how it can be? Surely travel arrangements are in place for internationals? MacAllister has to be in Argentina and Caceido and Pervis are away in Saudi to name but 3

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's going to be the bloody Monday isn't it? With a holiday booked safe in the knowledge that there is never ever a game on the Monday at the start of the international break 😄

Me too, and I guess many many others. Perhaps we should start a 'Not Monday' protest. Will be really pi55ed off if I have to miss this game through no fault of my own other than booking a holiday in international week.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I really don’t see how it can be? Surely travel arrangements are in place for internationals? MacAllister has to be in Argentina and Caceido and Pervis are away in Saudi to name but 3

That was my understanding too but a comment or two from ITK posters has me worried. Trains wise there's no reason not to have the game on the Sunday but I'm sure the club are doing their best to manage a tricky situation so will just have to leave them to it and hope for the best.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surely they have to announce this pretty soon if they are moving it. Trying to organise other things for that weekend which is only 11 days away now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Palace Game - On/Off?

A quick google for bus driver shortage shows this is a nationwide problem with news stories from all parts talking about bus companies losing drivers. B&H buses had a recruitment day this weekend to try and get more drivers as they do not have enough to deliver their services. Seagull Travel have scaled back routes as they can't get the same number of coaches as previous seasons. The club may have a good track record but they cannot summon up resources that don't exist.

Agreed. Which is presumably another factor in why , it’s reported on here, they have requested the game be moved . (To another day, or later in season). I just wanted to acknowledge how they’ve managed this type of issue in the past.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can actually see the game just being postponed and re arranged at a later date in the year, clearly moving the match forward to Friday or back to Sunday has it's complications due to the finishing and starting of shifts and trains at certain points before and after a strike.
Monday is simply a a non starter if various members of the squads have international duty and we possibly would be missing more influential players and not be in our favour.

Either keep as it is and muddle through or later in the year, and out of those two options I would opt for keep as it is, due to the form we are currently in.

& because we are in the form of our lives, I can see it being moved by the Premier League and Palace pushing for that option.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Is this a nationwide strike, I think it is, if so presumably other fixtures that weekend are going to be similarly affected?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is this a nationwide strike, I think it is, if so presumably other fixtures that weekend are going to be similarly affected?

I doubt it - I can't think of any other club with such a high dependency on rail travel.

Parking unavailability further compounds the issue.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Bournemouth, for example, are away at Newcastle! There are only 4 PL games on the Saturday but of course a full EFL programme.

The one day cricket cup final Kent vs Lancs is at Trent Bridge.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Surely they have to announce this pretty soon if they are moving it. Trying to organise other things for that weekend which is only 11 days away now.

I would think they are not going to, given they confirmed my match ball sponsorship with 10 guests for Sat week yesterday.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bournemouth, for example, are away at Newcastle! There are only 4 PL games on the Saturday but of course a full EFL programme.

The one day cricket cup final Kent vs Lancs is at Trent Bridge.

A silver lining to us capitulating in the semi-final.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

Yes, but not to the effect that we would suffer as 94% (I believe) of fans use public transport to get to the Amex. Many other stadiums are more accessible for other reasons - location for one.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I know you are important but that can easily be resolved if the date changes 😁

Co Spnsoring with my funeral plan providers from London who are coming down, I would have thought they might have mentioned it when taking my money? Even though I'm extrmely unimportant :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would think they are not going to, given they confirmed my match ball sponsorship with 10 guests for Sat week yesterday.

People are dying for you to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here