Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans creaming themselves

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You have 18,500 ticket holders of which half, by some of your own fans admission, aren't even Albion fans.

Really ? Why is it that they chose to go to the Amex rather than Selhurst ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2,500 Nigels at The Amex will still be in denial after visiting the Theatre Of Flair on the 27th September 2011.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think it's time I outlined where I stand with regards to Brighton...

1) you have a nicer stadium than us, and bigger attendances that inevitably come with that. I also have no issue with you having a lot of Man Ure and Chelski fans attending. Better they go and watch a local side, even if it has to be you, than sits in front of Sky Sports watching Drogba rolling round on the floor.

2) You've got some good players, play good football, have a good manager.

Right, now that's out of the way, I would like to add my opinion that we have a better, more hardcore fans than you, and will make more noise on the 27th. We also have a better set of youngsters, and I believe a unity between fans and players that I haven't seen in all my years of supporting Palace. I think that our fans are more realistic after the last couple of seasons, whereas your fans seem a tad smug and deluded.

As for our finances, you lot talk a lot of bullshit about that. CPFC2010 payed off most of the major creditors from what I understand when they bought the club, and the fans raised a good deal of money to pay St John's Ambulance too. Taking all the wealth of our consortium in to account, it reaches over half a billion quid. Obviously we don't have that to spend, but for those saying we still have financial issues, you're quite frankly talking out of your arses.

you have a lot to learn about your club my friend, I had the pleasure of lunch today with a director of a groundwork firm who was a guest with your board on Saturday at Hull, (the groundworker is a Palarse fan) I am not going to go into detail as I can not be botherd, but you would be horrifed as was he at some of the conversations going on with your board about your players and the and i quote "the need to sell" I have no idea about the state of your finances and to honest I dont give 2 shits, but he left feeling very shit and in his words "worried about the future" One comment i did laugh at was a defender of yours made a decent tackle and a directors response was "that tackle has just added £100k to his value"

He got the impression all was not rosy in the camp and certainly not much money.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
you have a lot to learn about your club my friend, I had the pleasure of lunch today with a director of a groundwork firm who was a guest with your board on Saturday at Hull, (the groundworker is a Palarse fan) I am not going to go into detail as I can not be botherd, but you would be horrifed as was he at some of the conversations going on with your board about your players and the and i quote "the need to sell" I have no idea about the state of your finances and to honest I dont give 2 shits, but he left feeling very shit and in his words "worried about the future" One comment i did laugh at was a defender of yours made a decent tackle and a directors response was "that tackle has just added £100k to his value"

He got the impression all was not rosy in the camp and certainly not much money.

As I live in the Palace catchment area the word is that they are in fact potless. They are hoping that they can get a decent price for Ambrose and Speroni. Could it be three in a row ? You'll notice that all the talk of moving to the athletics stadium has died a death. It's probably becuase neither Croydon or Bromley Councils will give them money to help them move.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
As I live in the Palace catchment area the word is that they are in fact potless. They are hoping that they can get a decent price for Ambrose and Speroni. Could it be three in a row ? You'll notice that all the talk of moving to the athletics stadium has died a death. It's probably becuase neither Croydon or Bromley Councils will give them money to help them move.

we had lunch in London for about an hour and a half and some of the things he told me about his time in the box and drinking afterwards in Hull (with a Hull director, who he said was a top lad who liked a drink!!) was an eye opener about the state of the club. there were even some cheeky comments about us and our start but nothing nasty.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So what ever happened about this poster promotion to get people into Shithurst? Something else that died a death?

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside

He got the impression all was not rosy in the camp and certainly not much money.[/QUOTEat
This seems to say what i have suggested in past posts 2010 are not what they seem,very much about presentation and no substance,they might have some big money men on board but are not the real deal

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I really hope we are bang up for it that night. I still have the emotional scars of that 5-0. I would love to batter them.

Well said Giraffe - I was at Selhurst that night and won't be able to bury the memory of that night until we have returned that hammering. But as long as we've got a full strength team out on the 27th I think that's very possible and I hope they're kept locked in for some time after the game like we were that night ! Can't wait !

:bounce:

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011

Well, against Hull three of our four defenders were Loanees, and it seems highly, highly unlikely that McCarthy would be adding hundreds of thousands to his price tag. Both of our main chairmen, or at least the main public figureheads- Browett and Parish- have come out and said that we have no need to sell, as has King Douglas, so unless they really are screwing with our heads, which I would hazard to be highly unlikely as they frequent both club messageboards and have worked tirelessly on making the club a more transparent operation, then I'm gonna take a guess that what you say is a heavily distorted version of the truth.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Well if you read the posts of CPFC2010 on the subject of season tickets, they say they now have 9000 STH's, but 2000 of these they receive no money from, as they were long term STH's under Jordan.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Well, against Hull three of our four defenders were Loanees, and it seems highly, highly unlikely that McCarthy would be adding hundreds of thousands to his price tag. Both of our main chairmen, or at least the main public figureheads- Browett and Parish- have come out and said that we have no need to sell, as has King Douglas, so unless they really are screwing with our heads, which I would hazard to be highly unlikely as they frequent both club messageboards and have worked tirelessly on making the club a more transparent operation, then I'm gonna take a guess that what you say is a heavily distorted version of the truth.

As I say, i have no idea about Palarse finances and care little about it, just telling you as I was told. As I say, there was a lot more which I am not going to bother writing, but he was generally concerned about what he was hearing.

Jan 30, 2008
Well what do you expect? We're looking forward to the game as are you, and naturally we expect ourselves to win. What's the big deal?

As for the Sunderland fan moaning about our fans, that sounds retty ridiculous to me. Even if it is true, I imagine it was only through jubilation and done with no malice, and even if it was, I doubt that there's a team in the country that hasn't done a few naughty things in the past.

And for the record, the HOL is a far better site than this place.
and the Sydenham station fiasco ???

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
and the Sydenham station fiasco ???

A few mindless knobheads who are a disgrace to our club, nothing more or less. If Brighton can show me a squeaky clean history of fan violence the I'll hold my hand up and accept it, but as you, like every club in this country, has a section of yobs, I don't think you can hold this against our fanbase as a whole.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I think it's time I outlined where I stand with regards to Brighton...

1) you have a nicer stadium than us, and bigger attendances that inevitably come with that. I also have no issue with you having a lot of Man Ure and Chelski fans attending. Better they go and watch a local side, even if it has to be you, than sits in front of Sky Sports watching Drogba rolling round on the floor.

2) You've got some good players, play good football, have a good manager.

Right, now that's out of the way, I would like to add my opinion that we have a better, more hardcore fans than you, and will make more noise on the 27th. We also have a better set of youngsters, and I believe a unity between fans and players that I haven't seen in all my years of supporting Palace. I think that our fans are more realistic after the last couple of seasons, whereas your fans seem a tad smug and deluded.

As for our finances, you lot talk a lot of bullshit about that. CPFC2010 payed off most of the major creditors from what I understand when they bought the club, and the fans raised a good deal of money to pay St John's Ambulance too. Taking all the wealth of our consortium in to account, it reaches over half a billion quid. Obviously we don't have that to spend, but for those saying we still have financial issues, you're quite frankly talking out of your arses.

More hardcore fans - Absolute bollocks.

In previous seasons you couldn't fill an allocation to Withdean.

When your team was rattling around the bottom of the league last season and needed you - you took less than 300 to Swansea on a Saturday.

The previous season when faced with liquidation you couldn't muster 200 when marching through London - and just prior to that your potential last ever home game saw over 10,000 empty seats at Selhurst.

When compared to the Albions dragged out plight your fans quite frankly couldn't be bothered to get off their arses to try and save their "Massive Club".

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
More hardcore fans - Absolute bollocks.

In previous seasons you couldn't fill an allocation to Withdean.

When your team was rattling around the bottom of the league last season and needed you - you took less than 300 to Swansea on a Saturday.

The previous season when faced with liquidation you couldn't muster 200 when marching through London - and just prior to that your potential last ever home game saw over 10,000 empty seats at Selhurst.

When compared to the Albions dragged out plight your fans quite frankly couldn't be bothered to get off their arses to try and save their "Massive Club".

Yawn yawn yawn.

Not selling our allocation for the withdean is bollocks. You gave us about 500 tickets and they were absolutely gobbled up. The only reason that there may have been gaps is either people not turning up or segregational/ticketing issues.

Swansea was mid season, on tele, with a midday kick off. Hardly what I'd call a huge game. Admittedly, it was a poor number to take up, but I've got a mate who supports Swansea and he said that he had never seen a set of fans give it so much despite losing so comprehensively, and our fans were clapped out at the end of the game by the Swansea fans. If you try and rebuke that, I'll find the quotes on the HOL about that.

The marching to Lloyds was organised the day before it happened. Unsurprising, given that it was announced the day before too, and I went up there, so can vouch that although there were maybe only 200 there, people came and went as it was a wrok day.

For the games leading up to the Wednesday game, it was the worst kept secret in SE25 that the club was lowering attendance numbers for tax reasons. Each of the 6 or so games leading up saw barely a home seat not taken, yet when the announcer said 'attendance of 18000 today', people were just laughing it off.

In terms of fans' plight- most relegated team in Premiership history, 2 administrations, dodgy chairmen, ground ownership, and possibly the closest any side in the top two flights has ever come to liquidation would suggest that we've hardly had it all easy in the past few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here