Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans creaming themselves

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Really? I mean REALLY?

My god man, I have always resisted the urge to converse with our Palace friends on here but that comment is one of the most pathetic utterances of complete drivel I've ever read on here, and it's up against some pretty strong contenders.

To top it off, it's full of plastic supporters, waving poxy plastic flags. You'll be nicking our songs next.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
I think it's time I outlined where I stand with regards to Brighton...

1) you have a nicer stadium than us, and bigger attendances that inevitably come with that. I also have no issue with you having a lot of Man Ure and Chelski fans attending. Better they go and watch a local side, even if it has to be you, than sits in front of Sky Sports watching Drogba rolling round on the floor.

2) You've got some good players, play good football, have a good manager.

Right, now that's out of the way, I would like to add my opinion that we have a better, more hardcore fans than you, and will make more noise on the 27th. We also have a better set of youngsters, and I believe a unity between fans and players that I haven't seen in all my years of supporting Palace. I think that our fans are more realistic after the last couple of seasons, whereas your fans seem a tad smug and deluded.

As for our finances, you lot talk a lot of bullshit about that. CPFC2010 payed off most of the major creditors from what I understand when they bought the club, and the fans raised a good deal of money to pay St John's Ambulance too. Taking all the wealth of our consortium in to account, it reaches over half a billion quid. Obviously we don't have that to spend, but for those saying we still have financial issues, you're quite frankly talking out of your arses.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

1) you have a nicer stadium than us, and bigger attendances that inevitably come with that.

'Bigger' is a more pertinent adjective. Some of your less enlightened brethern have been on here slinging mud about how we have plastic fans. I'll ask you the same as I asked them - how do you fit in 18000 into a stadium like Withdean with 7000 seats? How do you do that?

As for hardcore fans - if you think Brighton fans lack passion and aren't hardcore in their support then you know very, very little about the history of this club. No club's fans have been put through the ringer more than Albion's, and for you to come here and pour shit onto the only REAL football-related satisfaction the people who post here have experienced from about 1995 then you're a very, very small man indeed.

Do us a favour and f*** off back to your Palace board, please

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
'Bigger' is a more pertinent adjective. Some of your less enlightened brethern have been on here slinging mud about how we have plastic fans. I'll ask you the same as I asked them - how do you fit in 18000 into a stadium like Withdean with 7000 seats? How do you do that?

As for hardcore fans - if you think Brighton fans lack passion and aren't hardcore in their support then you know very, very little about the history of this club. No club's fans have been put through the ringer more than Albion's, and for you to come here and pour shit onto the only REAL football-related satisfaction the people who post here have experienced from about 1995 then you're a very, very small man indeed.

Do us a favour and f*** off back to your Palace board, please

Christ, I try and post something nice and I get told to f*** off? I thought this was quite a friendly site?

I don't think your fans aren't passionate, I just think ours have more passion. And why you're having a go at me about the Withdean I'll never know, but I'll pass it off as maybe your one of those people who just sees the words 'Palace Fan' and becomes instantly pugnacious and confrontational.

You have 18,500 ticket holders of which half, by some of your own fans admission, aren't even Albion fans.

Care to explain why someone would shell out a minimum of £400 for a season ticket if they are not fans?

Would you? I bloody wouldn't.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You have 18,500 ticket holders of which half, by some of your own fans admission, aren't even Albion fans.

Exactly what a lot of your fans want at Palace, have a look at this in your New Stadium Thread. And there are fans wanting 60k - 100k new stadium and you call us lot deluded?

Budgie Byrne Registered User

Why is 60,000 over the top? South London has been crying out for a team to match the North London lot for decades. Given a Palace side doing well in the top division, maybe even a European place we could fill it.I do not understand this "glory hunter/plastic fan" attitude. Ask the clubs owners, Palace fans to a man if they would prefer to see smaller gates, but all 100% Palace or a full house with people who support the club and people who just want to watch top football and a few glory hunters? Everybody’s ticket money is a good as each other’s and that will help see the club grow and stay strong.I think those of us who followed Palace in the late 60's when we had high 40k's, plenty of 30k's and very few gates under 25k would say that we knew that not everybody was or had been a Selhurst regular but what the heck, the atmosphere was great and it was good to see the ground packed, plus it enabled us to buy better players.We all know that the 50 odd thousand v Burnley (plus the 000's locked out) was not reached with 100% committed Palace fans turning up. But that did not matter, the trick is to get the floating support into the ground and hope to turn them into committed fans.I hate this attitude of we would rather have 5000 turning up as long as they are 100% Palace than 40,000 every week, but not all of them are real fans If you were not there in the dark days of the early mid 80's 5000 at Selhurst was not very nice, indeed it was a living bloody hell (was it me or did it always rain?) The 5000 may have all been committed, but we were all bloody miserableWe need new blood all the time supporting the club and we have to show people that we are doing our best to be a top club and to win promotion and to do well against the best. Thats what got me hooked on Palace we may have been in the 4th division but we were aiming for the top.You have to lose with dignity, but you do not have to like it! All this we should know our place in the scheme of things and make the most of it drives me nuts. I want us to be fighting it out with the best week in week out, I want us to have a full stadium, I want us to be playing great football. We have had glimpses of all this in the last 40 odd years and I want more before I become even more senile

Last edited:

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Exactly what a lot of your fans want at Palace, have a look at this in your New Stadium Thread. And there are fans wanting 60k - 100k new stadium and you call us lot deluded?

Budgie Byrne Registered User

Why is 60,000 over the top? South London has been crying out for a team to match the North London lot for decades. Given a Palace side doing well in the top division, maybe even a European place we could fill it.I do not understand this "glory hunter/plastic fan" attitude. Ask the clubs owners, Palace fans to a man if they would prefer to see smaller gates, but all 100% Palace or a full house with people who support the club and people who just want to watch top football and a few glory hunters? Everybody’s ticket money is a good as each other’s and that will help see the club grow and stay strong.I think those of us who followed Palace in the late 60's when we had high 40k's, plenty of 30k's and very few gates under 25k would say that we knew that not everybody was or had been a Selhurst regular but what the heck, the atmosphere was great and it was good to see the ground packed, plus it enabled us to buy better players.We all know that the 50 odd thousand v Burnley (plus the 000's locked out) was not reached with 100% committed Palace fans turning up. But that did not matter, the trick is to get the floating support into the ground and hope to turn them into committed fans.I hate this attitude of we would rather have 5000 turning up as long as they are 100% Palace than 40,000 every week, but not all of them are real fans If you were not there in the dark days of the early mid 80's 5000 at Selhurst was not very nice, indeed it was a living bloody hell (was it me or did it always rain?) The 5000 may have all been committed, but we were all bloody miserableWe need new blood all the time supporting the club and we have to show people that we are doing our best to be a top club and to win promotion and to do well against the best. Thats what got me hooked on Palace we may have been in the 4th division but we were aiming for the top.You have to lose with dignity, but you do not have to like it! All this we should know our place in the scheme of things and make the most of it drives me nuts. I want us to be fighting it out with the best week in week out, I want us to have a full stadium, I want us to be playing great football. We have had glimpses of all this in the last 40 odd years and I want more before I become even more senile

Good post Fosters head band, but Bha are still :shit: tho:lolol: couldnt resist that:catfight:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

1) you have a nicer stadium than us, and bigger attendances that inevitably come with that. I also have no issue with you having a lot of Man Ure and Chelski fans attending. Better they go and watch a local side, even if it has to be you, than sits in front of Sky Sports watching Drogba rolling round on the floor.
Thank you. And while I'd agree that it's better for manure and chelski fans to support their local club, I don't think we have many going to the Amex.

2) You've got some good players, play good football, have a good manager.
Thanks again.
Right, now that's out of the way, I would like to add my opinion that we have a better, more hardcore fans than you
I feel the opposite is true. Our fans have been through more to get where we are. It's not surprising we disagree there.
and will make more noise on the 27th.
You will need to play very well to silence our crowd. If the game is anything other than one sided in your favour, we will make more noise. Some of your fans might not notice, as you'll be at the opposite end of the stadium to our loudest sections, but I still imagine most of you will realise you've been out-sung.
We also have a better set of youngsters
Yes I think you probably do, which is hardly surprising given that we've had sich poor facilities an finances up until now. Now that we've got our ground, you may find the balance here changes too.
I think that our fans are more realistic after the last couple of seasons, whereas your fans seem a tad smug and deluded.
I don't think many of our fans are expecting that much from us this season, but you will obviously see some people getting carried away on a forum. And smugness towards CP is to be expected given how long we've fought to get our new home.
As for our finances, you lot talk a lot of bullshit about that.
What do you expect on an internet footy forum? Do you think all your fans post nothing but sense on your forum? There are threads on Palace forun suggesting Tony Bloom is only worth 50 million - you realise that's nonsense right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here