Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans creaming themselves

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I get the feeling that it's a good thing I don't get that joke. Must try harder Ponce (not in a homopobic way).

A reference to a Kelis song and I don't need to try anything. I told (and showed to you) on Saturday night that you're not half as clever as you think you are, plus you have a habit of repeating yourself. That's never a good trait especially when you are trying so desperately hard to hone this smug superior persona. Your virginity breeds mites, much like a cheese.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
A reference to a Kelis song and I don't need to try anything. I told (and showed to you) on Saturday night that you're not half as clever as you think you are, plus you have a habit of repeating yourself. That's never a good trait especially when you are trying so desperately hard to hone this smug superior persona. Your virginity breeds mites, much like a cheese.

I don't really understand this whole obsession with how intelligent or otherwise I may be. You had a go at me for citing Virgil, I explained what I meant, nothing more to it. As for repeating myself, well maybe if you lot didn't keep throwing the same arguments at me, I would have something a little different to say.

As for your last line, your just being impertinent really. Still, if you want to resort to that, I'm sure I could stoop to some gay jokes...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't really understand this whole obsession with how intelligent or otherwise I may be. You had a go at me for citing Virgil, I explained what I meant, nothing more to it. As for repeating myself, well maybe if you lot didn't keep throwing the same arguments at me, I would have something a little different to say.

As for your last line, your just being impertinent really. Still, if you want to resort to that, I'm sure I could stoop to some gay jokes...

The obsession came from you. In that thread you were alluding to how clever you were and were seeking high minded banter. You even boasted at having A levels (big deal - I've got a fair few myself).

As for that last sentence of mine, it's gone so far over your head that you've proved my point precisely. Google is your friend, ST.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
The obsession came from you. In that thread you were alluding to how clever you were and were seeking high minded banter. You even boasted how clever you were.

As for that last sentence of mine, it's gone so far over your head that you've proved my point precisely. Google is your friend, ST.

Boasted about how clever I am? High minded banter? The whole thing about being Virgil-like was done with obvious tongue in cheek, if that's what you're on about. You then decided to kick up a fuss about how I didn't write it in poetry form so it couldn't be Virgilian, as if I would be so immodest as to compare myself to him.

Still, if we're going to talk about delusions of grandeur, let's talk about searching Shakespeare for our insults, eh? ;)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Jeepers. You're pretentious - and I'm well aware of the Shakespearean insult. I learnt it at school. It was done to mock your highfalutin posts and I even told you to look the quote up. 27th September can't come soon enough.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They do boast about their unadulterated spell of 35 years in the top two divisions, conveniently ignoring their financial history of the previous decade or so.

Whatever way you look at it that's a SHITHOUSE stat to get excited about, Arsenal and Everton's records are stats worthy of "creaming oneself" (one dislikes that expression of WW).

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why would you blame the fan's for misdemeanors that they are in no way responsible for ?
Thought you guys would be the first to realize that ?

I don't blame the fans, apart from Jordan and Goldberg (was he a fan?), but boasting about the top two division stay when you clearly purchased the stay for the last 15 years is a bit rich (that is definitely the wrong word).

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I don't blame the fans, apart from Jordan and Goldberg (was he a fan?), but boasting about the top two division stay when you clearly purchased the stay for the last 15 years is a bit rich (that is definitely the wrong word).

Goldberg was a fan for sure, he wasnt a crook, bit naive maybe but he paid dearly for it, Jordan is a wide boy, everyone knows that.
Purchased for the last 15 years ?? bit of a stretch really isnt it ? you are assuming that we wouldnt have got promoted in all that time and of course ignoring the fact that we were punished by the league, and yes i do certainly agree that the punishment isnt harsh enough but you take what you get dont you ?

All this big club stuff is a complete load of bollox in any case, man u are a big club arent they ? ah well

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If you had cut your cloth accordingly - i.e. manageable debt, would you have been able to pay, say, Ambrose what he wanted? Would you have been able to hang on to fans without the likes of Lombardo et al? Would you have been able to invest so much in your academy? You still made huge losses, ending up by paying an impoverished sum to the £1, despite a few seasons in the PL and a raft of parachute payments.

You were punished, but as you agree, the punishment does not fit the crime.

Agreed on the last statement. There are big clubs, also rans, medium clubs and provincial teams. That is not to say that one is more important than the other.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why would you blame the fan's for misdemeanors that they are in no way responsible for ?
Thought you guys would be the first to realize that ?
Indeed we do. As BoF explained, the administration is only brought up when some palace fans boast about being in the top 2 divisions for 35 years. Had your owners not spent money they didn't have, you wouldn't have done as well on the field, that's all.

All this big club stuff is a complete load of bollox in any case
Yes it is

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Why do people KEEP going on to their fans about them not paying their way?

I think we all know about it now and it's getting very boring...

The fans have nowt to do with the financial irregularities so to keep throwing it at them is a waste of time surely?

For me it's all about what happens on the pitch and getting bragging rights, that is the most important thing!

I couldn't care less about how they managed to escape relegation year on year. They have had their time and never achieved anything of note.. It's our turn now.

It really is time to move on and wave at them as we go by.. Starting on the 27th Sept!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here