Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans creaming themselves

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
in anticipation of a match in a months time. I wonder which one?
That crap forum site Holmesdale has 8 pages of school boys getting excited how Murray is going to score against us and run towards them kissing the badge. How they are going to out sing us etc. etc. Sadly pathetic when you read them.
Of course, they are still convincing themselves that they are such a big club compared with us but will never accept that they robbed the St. John's Ambulance etc. by going into two admins. Any crap club can appear "big" when not paying their debts.
In reality it looks like they are really shit scared about visiting the mighty Amex and its fantastic atmosphere.:amex:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Forget their robbing creditors TWICE, forget their historical advantage, forget everything up til now. If we play like we did last night against them then we're going to be ripping them apart. That'a all that counts.

There's something very special happening under Gus and Palace will see that on 27th Sep.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I really hope we are bang up for it that night. I still have the emotional scars of that 5-0. I would love to batter them.

SimplyGen

Aug 24, 2011
im assuming Crystal Palace/Brighton is your derby.

Crystal Palace seem to have a bad reputation among SAFC fan after the play off defeat a good few years ago when Jeff Whitley missed in the shootout, 2004 ish if i remember correctly.

Apparently some of their fans jumped the SAFC Disabled Supporters Association after the game.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Let them come. The Gus Poyet phenomenon will endure.............

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
just a couple of weeks and they will go back to school and all of this nonsense about them beating us will disappear.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Crystal Palace seem to have a bad reputation among SAFC fan after the play off defeat a good few years ago when Jeff Whitley missed in the shootout, 2004 ish if i remember correctly.

Apparently some of their fans jumped the SAFC Disabled Supporters Association after the game.

Nowhere near as 'big' as your Derby, but probably more hate filled due to the rarity of games played on recent years and both sets of fans not being brainwashed by prem corporate standards.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Well what do you expect? We're looking forward to the game as are you, and naturally we expect ourselves to win. What's the big deal?

As for the Sunderland fan moaning about our fans, that sounds retty ridiculous to me. Even if it is true, I imagine it was only through jubilation and done with no malice, and even if it was, I doubt that there's a team in the country that hasn't done a few naughty things in the past.

And for the record, the HOL is a far better site than this place.

SimplyGen

Aug 24, 2011
Nowhere near as 'big' as your Derby, but probably more hate filled due to the rarity of games played on recent years and both sets of fans not being brainwashed by prem corporate standards.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

fair dues , the Tyne Wear derby i would say is awesome, mainly because we work in the same places, drink in the same pubs as it ends up kicking off completely then the next day we are shaking hands and buying each other pints....truly weird.

If you get promoted the one thing you will grow to hate is the that shite premiership music they play before kick off, kills any inkling of atmosphere.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Dunno about the disabled supporters - I'll be honest here I think any Palace fan would say that was wrong so don't want to tar them all with the same brush but the rivalry is very much alive and its nasty - on both sides.

The Evening Standard quote after we beat them at their place sums it up completely:

For reasons totally unfathomable to the rest of the football nation, the two sets of supporters detest each other with a passion rarely seen outside the Balkans.

Personally I f***ing hate their club. Got a couple of good mates who are die-hard Palace fans though and they support their local club - which is a shit club by anyone's standards - and would rather drink with them than any plastic premiership fan.

SimplyGen

Aug 24, 2011
Well what do you expect? We're looking forward to the game as are you, and naturally we expect ourselves to win. What's the big deal?

As for the Sunderland fan moaning about our fans, that sounds retty ridiculous to me. Even if it is true, I imagine it was only through jubilation and done with no malice, and even if it was, I doubt that there's a team in the country that hasn't done a few naughty things in the past.

And for the record, the HOL is a far better site than this place.
sounds like Newcastle United outlook on a derby..and sadly it is right:facepalm:

definetly happened though, never had a problem myself apart from arrogance

SimplyGen

Aug 24, 2011
Dunno about the disabled supporters - I'll be honest here I think any Palace fan would say that was wrong so don't want to tar them all with the same brush but the rivalry is very much alive and its nasty - on both sides.

The Evening Standard quote after we beat them at their place sums it up completely:

For reasons totally unfathomable to the rest of the football nation, the two sets of supporters detest each other with a passion rarely seen outside the Balkans.

Personally I f***ing hate their club. Got a couple of good mates who are die-hard Palace fans though and they support their local club - which is a shit club by anyone's standards - and would rather drink with them than any plastic premiership fan.

isolated incident i can understand, much like that racist idiot who racially abused Darren Bents mum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here