Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
has to be said, on paper Palace have made some good signings. If they all work out they have the basis of a good team. The squad is very thin though, and a couple of early season injuries could be problematic

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
£15m is great business. Now for the midfield general.

I even think it’s a great deal for the £20m + £5m add-ons that most journos seem to think you’ve paid. £15m is a bargain though if that’s what you’ve managed to do. I’d be surprised this early in the window though.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
has to be said, on paper Palace have made some good signings. If they all work out they have the basis of a good team. The squad is very thin though, and a couple of early season injuries could be problematic

That's the case for every team outside the big boys though, isn't it? Most teams of our size can only afford to have a handful of players with genuine quality. Take Eze & Zaha away from Palace, Grealish & Watkins away from Villa, Jimenez & Traore away from Wolves, Bamford & Raphina away from Leeds, etc. and things start looking bleak.

Can just imagine the eye watering wages you are paying him..

I guarantee they're lower than what we were paying the bloke he is replacing!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
That's the case for every team outside the big boys though, isn't it? Most teams of our size can only afford to have a handful of players with genuine quality. Take Eze & Zaha away from Palace, Grealish & Watkins away from Villa, Jimenez & Traore away from Wolves, Bamford & Raphina away from Leeds, etc. and things start looking bleak.

I guarantee they're lower than what we were paying the bloke he is replacing!

115k a week instead of 120k knowing you lot

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I even think it’s a great deal for the £20m + £5m add-ons that most journos seem to think you’ve paid. £15m is a bargain though if that’s what you’ve managed to do. I’d be surprised this early in the window though.

£14.8m up front is what I've seen reported this evening. Looks like an excellent deal. Now for a midfielder!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
115k a week instead of 120k knowing you lot

A couple of years ago this would have been a fair comment. I think the board have learned their lesson, they seem to be shifting towards young players coming into their prime rather than proven, experienced players looking for a final contract to set them up for life.

albionite

May 20, 2009
£14.8m up front is what I've seen reported this evening. Looks like an excellent deal. Now for a midfielder!

Next palace fan on here will be reporting they got him for £13m,
funny how they love keep dragging the price down to what they paid, and always add extra millions to when they sell a player.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The fans on OL's forum seem pleased with the sale of Andersen even though their club took a bath having paid Sampdoria 30 million Euros for him. There seems to be a view that he did well at Sampdoria and at Fulham because they both played a low block, but that he failed at Lyon because they were more progressive. Looks to be a very good signing, if Roy's tactics are to be retained, if they are to be altered dramatically, this could have the chance of being a Shane at Parkhead signing. Fingers crossed everyone.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
A couple of years ago this would have been a fair comment. I think the board have learned their lesson, they seem to be shifting towards young players coming into their prime rather than proven, experienced players looking for a final contract to set them up for life.

If the rumours are true that Spurs were after him, you would have had to pay more than them for him to make that choice.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
If the rumours are true that Spurs were after him, you would have had to pay more than them for him to make that choice.

Spurs supposedly went for Romero instead. If they were still interested, he would've just stalled to wait for them rather than signing for us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Has to be said palace are annoyingly doing some decent business so far .

What won’t change however is that Croydon is a shithole infested with gangster wannabes and they won’t ever have the class of us . However much they wish they did

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Has to be said palace are annoyingly doing some decent business so far .

What won’t change however is that Croydon is a shithole infested with gangster wannabes and they won’t ever have the class of us . However much they wish they did

Brilliant :lolol:

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Always pleased to see a rival signing a player who got relegated last season. Especially a defender.

He was Fulham's best player last season by a mile.

Tbf to Brighton fans, I'd be a bit bitter as well if the shoe was on the other foot and you'd signed him, he really is a quality player with CL experience and 8 international caps.

Last season you had a better defence than us. With the signing of Guehi and now Andersen, I don't think that will be the case this season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Last season you had a better defence than us. With the signing of Guehi and now Andersen, I don't think that will be the case this season.

You haven't answered my question about how many minutes you've seen Guehi play.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
You haven't answered my question about how many minutes you've seen Guehi play.

I watched a load of Championship football last season, he was a stand out performer for Swansea, especially dominant in the PO Semi Final 2 legs vs Barnsley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here