Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I understand that Viera's tactics aren't a totally radical departure, but more possession based.
I would assume the strength of Eze and Zaha is in counter attacking play rather than a passing game.

I could be wrong Viera may well be taking a good look at what he's got and will adapt tactics to suit.
He would be a fool not to play to Zaha's strengths as he remains the only fit game-changer in the squad.

Zaha & Eze will thrive in a more patient system. Eze's game has never been about pace; they're both proper footballers, not just kick and rush merchants.

My amateur maths:

Assume Olisie and Guehi have come in on £40k pw and cost £28m- that leaves about £20m for the remaining signings and wages.

Exciting times indeed.

I think you're massively underestimating the money we've got to spend, and I hope that we'll prove that in the near future. If you were somehow correct then we'd be absolutely wasting our time talking about Edouard and Andersen at the moment :whistle:

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Pretty much the same team we battered twice and you fluked results against you mean?..... I have added a bit of realism in there for you.

9 wins last season for you, 12 wins for us

16th position for you, 14th for us

1 point from 6 home and away for you, 4 for us

All flukes though!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Cahill rejected a new contract. Massive loss for them. Big shoes to fill for the new kid.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

He'd certainly be a huge loss in Roy's system. He looked excellent at times last year, even at his age. Apparently Vieira has played quite a high line in the past though, which would have left Cahill hopelessly exposed by any forward under 30 with two functioning legs. I would have been delighted to see him sign a new deal as a mentor for Guehi, but if his reported wage demands are accurate then I can see why he's moving on.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Pretty much the same team we battered twice and you fluked results against you mean?..... I have added a bit of realism in there for you.

Oh, come off it. Palace turned up with a gameplan to soak up pressure and hit you on the break, and did exactly that. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't enjoyable to watch, but it was a perfectly executed gameplan.

You didn't deserve a win because you couldn't break us down, and you were so busy pressing forward for a winner to complete the "battering" that you forgot to defend!

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
All these players have played for their international team:

Clyne
Zaha
Milivojevic
Macarthur played for Scotland regularly but retired recently
Reidewald
Kouyate
Benteke
Ayew
Schlupp
Butland
Guehi and Eze have played for England U21

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story...

This made me chuckle, the majority of those 'internationals' have barely played in the last 4-5 years. Clyne and Butland ffs? :lolol:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Such a passionate and loyal fanbase they have.
3695CA64-060A-4596-AD65-FC12B07C37BF.png

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Oh, come off it. Palace turned up with a gameplan to soak up pressure and hit you on the break, and did exactly that. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't enjoyable to watch, but it was a perfectly executed gameplan.

You didn't deserve a win because you couldn't break us down, and you were so busy pressing forward for a winner to complete the "battering" that you forgot to defend!

can't argue with that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Zaha & Eze will thrive in a more patient system. Eze's game has never been about pace; they're both proper footballers, not just kick and rush merchants.

I think you're massively underestimating the money we've got to spend, and I hope that we'll prove that in the near future. If you were somehow correct then we'd be absolutely wasting our time talking about Edouard and Andersen at the moment :whistle:

Oh I don't doubt you'll find the money from somewhere, you have no choice but to.
But at some point you will have to cover the costs of the spending you have been forced to make.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Clyne
Zaha
Milivojevic
Reidewald
Kouyate
Benteke
Ayew
Schlupp
Butland

So answer my question before you have to start your holiday homework.

On what basis did you arrive at the conclusion that "Guehi is better than Veltman". Where's your facts that you are so keen on?

You wont get away with making crap statements like that on here without backing them up.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Oh come on.. We absolutely battered you....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Yep!

all of this.

All of us experienced Albion watchers were screaming at the screen to just hack Townsend down and settle for the draw.

But no, the young inexperienced team let him play and the rest is history.

We still have so much to learn about game management.
Very naive at times last season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Clyne
Zaha
Milivojevic
Reidewald
Kouyate
Benteke
Ayew
Schlupp
Butland

Kemy Agustien played for his national team :shrug:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

Clyne
Zaha
Milivojevic
Reidewald
Kouyate
Benteke
Ayew
Schlupp
Butland

Mate I know you must be trolling! Even you can't seriously big up your team by claiming they are all internationals therefore somehow by association this means they are great players.

Clyne last played and international 5 yrs ago
Zaha has played 3 times in 2yrs for Ivory Coast
Milivojovic no caps since 2020 when he got 2
MacArthur see above and Scotchland! Really!!!
Riedewald not an international
Kouyate an aging international for those footballing giants Senegal
Benteke a valid current international but well past his prime
Ayew see above
Schlupp & Butland no caps for year's and won't get any more
Guehi & Eze no international caps.

I could do a similar analysis for us but it would embarrass you even further. You have a team of largely aging journeymen and raw kids, you should be really concerned but seem blissfully unaware.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, play that match 10 times and 9 of them it's an Albion victory.

Unbelievable luck for them to get the win. Can't dress it up as a game plan.

:shootself:

FFS people have you all taken stupid-poopid pills.

On what basis are you making that statement, because it sure as hell isn't last season's form, the last 5 years of form, my entire lifetime of form.

Play that game 10 times and palace would win 11 of them.
That's just the way the world works.

palace get a 4 point lead and our season is over.

Comprehensively do they double over them, palace beat us in the FA Cup final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here