Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I can cut this fella some slack. It must be nervously exciting times though. Football is an escape and cutting through the willy waving, if he enjoys being a wankpuffin, fair play to him.

Hopefully they will struggle with adapting to the squad and coaching overhaul. The funny thing is, Beaky seems to get a free pass. He's not been put under any pressure despite bullshit surrounding his vanity project, his fear of the prats in black and contract management. Strange. Ideally we'll have some poor results and off field amateurishness from them to enjoy in the lead up to crimbo.

I think if I were a Palace fan (God forbid) I'd be quite excited by this season, a new manager hopefully bringing a more open and attacking style of play, some young and exciting signings made, going away from the tried and tested model favoured by Roy.......but there is a huge worry that such a change of direction could take away the pretty much guarantee of PL safety. However if it works it could give time for the academy to bear fruit and start the conveyor belt of talent.....it goes wrong and they could do a Leeds, Pompey, Sunderland, Massive.....

I don't think I'd be on here giving it large though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He’s still a director of Smoke and Mirrors Group Ltd.

The Smoke and Mirrors brand for post-production services still operates as a Tag/Williams lea company.

I believe the Smoke and Mirrors Group relate to some of the properties/holdings which were owned by Tag but not included in the sell off.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think if I were a Palace fan (God forbid) I'd be quite excited by this season, a new manager hopefully bringing a more open and attacking style of play, some young and exciting signings made, going away from the tried and tested model favoured by Roy.......but there is a huge worry that such a change of direction could take away the pretty much guarantee of PL safety. However if it works it could give time for the academy to bear fruit and start the conveyor belt of talent.....it goes wrong and they could do a Leeds, Pompey, Sunderland, Massive.....

Definitely this!

I was surprised to find out that not only were there 11 players out of contract this season, but a further 8 are out of contract next season.
The rebuild will be ongoing for some time it seems.

trying not to say this without the usual point scoring barbs, but that is a colossal job!
Unless another owner is lined up, it's going to require the current owners to dig deep into their pockets.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Construction has been one of the few industries which has carried on pretty much regardless of Covid.

But it's entirely possible that the impact of Covid on Palace's financial situation has caused the project to be delayed (I could imagine that the ring-fenced funds became slightly less ring-fenced over the past 18 months....no shame in that).

It'll be interesting to read the update when Palace publish their accounts (assuming they WILL publish them at some stage....)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In the here and now deffo, after all it's the hope that kills you.

The questions that need to asked about how they got to this point, plus the stand, plus want away owners, would for me mean they're only a couple of defeats away from serious disgruntlement.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

They will do what they have done often I reckon, appear to be nailed on for relegation for much of the season, then sack the manager and get some unlikely points off teams that should be hammering them, and end up looking fairly comfortable.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

I’m quietly optimistic about this season.
Vieira is going about his business in a quiet fashion, he’s not doing interviews, and slowly getting in his coaching team .
I think the football will be different to Roy’s, and if that’s successful, only time will tell.
The players coming in look good, and the players we’re being linked with, seem of the same standard or better.
Most of you are writing us off already ( sound familiar?) but we will see.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Our fans will never learn.

The same people who write off everything Palace do or everyone they sign are the ones who swallow every drop of PR the Albion send their way about anyone we do or who we sign. It's weird.

Palace could have a good season. Or they could have a shit one where they struggle to win games.

Sounds familiar.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are getting spoken about on the away end again [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]. And he is acting like he doesn't know we have asked him about his signature and even thinks I'm EagleEaster :clap2:, I was always SwoopingGull over there and only had one account.

Just leave these here:

View attachment 138864

View attachment 138865

View attachment 138866
Wait.

The poster who posted a picture mocking Asian fans at the Amex has a BBS username including the word "reich" ?

:ffsparr:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Vieira is going about his business in a quiet fashion, he’s not doing interviews, and slowly getting in his coaching team .*Doesn't it worry you, with the new season looming, that this isn't already sorted? "Slowly" getting in his coaching team, when pre-season has started?*
I think the football will be different to Roy’s, and if that’s successful, only time will tell. *Or he'll bomb and you'll be buggered with no plan B"
The players coming in look good, and the players we’re being linked with, seem of the same standard or better. *What about the players you've lost, you haven't covered that?*

As I've said before, very happy to have a charity bet that Brighton finish above Palace

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Vieira is going about his business in a quiet fashion, he’s not doing interviews, and slowly getting in his coaching team .
I think the football will be different to Roy’s, and if that’s successful, only time will tell.
The players coming in look good, and the players we’re being linked with, seem of the same standard or better.

I think most of us have now come accustomed to Palace somehow getting away with it.

Our incredulity about your optimism, comes from the knowledge, that most other clubs would struggle badly, finding themselves in the same position.
If, against all odds, it somehow falls into place again, we will just have to shrug, wipe the egg off of our faces and get on with moaning about how unbelievable it all is. AGAIN!

However, I think financially you are in a hole that will require new owners to fix.
This is a bigger problem than getting a team together, IMO.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Cahill rejected a new contract. Massive loss for them. Big shoes to fill for the new kid.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Cahill rejected a new contract. Massive loss for them. Big shoes to fill for the new kid.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

He’s rejected Rangers as well supposedly, I think he’s looking for more than clubs are willing to pay.
Good player when fit.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whilst I understand a new manager will normally be greeted with optimism, I’m not sure expecting good/attacking football from a manager who managed 1.1 goal per game for Nice is the smartest move in the world. Evolution not Revolution, I guess.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think most of us have now come accustomed to Palace somehow getting away with it.

Our incredulity about your optimism, comes from the knowledge, that most other clubs would struggle badly, finding themselves in the same position.
If, against all odds, it somehow falls into place again, we will just have to shrug, wipe the egg off of our faces and get on with moaning about how unbelievable it all is. AGAIN!

However, I think financially you are in a hole that will require new owners to fix.
This is a bigger problem than getting a team together, IMO.

Of course they'll get away with it, AGAIN.

It's what makes the whole 8 loses noise 'we' were making all the more ridiculous.
All that does is invite them back here for more gloating after they've picked up 5 points and their 'lucky ' win against us puts clear water between the two clubs.

Obviously the dream is their utter humiliation, but NOBODY EVER WANTS TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAM.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Its good to see all of the optimism from the Palace fans. We know what it is like to feel that a new direction may open up exciting times, although I seem to remember far more trepidation about our chances at the beginning of Potter's first season. I wonder whether the relief of being free from Roy's dull football will sustain over the beginning of the season. Vieira's newly formed team face possibly the most difficult run of fixtures of any club in the division over the first couple of months: https://experimental361.com/2021/06/24/fixture-difficulty-matrices-2021-22/

Chelsea, Brentford, West Ham, Tottenham, Liverpool, Brighton, Leicester, Arsenal. It seems that only the fluke three points they'll get against us will be guaranteed. It makes that Brentford match look quite important. Getting to half way through October with anything like the points tally of FDB's Palace would definitely test the optimism.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
He’s rejected Rangers as well supposedly, I think he’s looking for more than clubs are willing to pay.
Good player when fit.
But that means that's another position that needs filling out of the £80m war chest.

How long left until the season starts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here