Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
12 of last seasons under 18’s squad have signed pro deals now, not a bad crop for the first Cat 1 harvest.
That'll see you right then.

No more recruiting needed.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You mean your noisiest fans (who have to have a drum) stand at the front where the mics are and give the illusion they are ‘one of the noisiest’.

As for ‘in London’ :lolol:

You also missed out how you only fill your ground when your in the PL. Your fans are very noisy when they are threatening your players, I’ll give you that.

As for in London ??? Well it is in London ? Let’s put it this way it’s more in London than Falmer is in Brighton.

As for filling grounds, have you only just started supporting BHA . Because cast your mind back 15 years, pretty sure even the Withdean was not filled most of the time ( in fact I know it wasn’t because when palace were away I used to take my lad and POTG)

albionite

May 20, 2009
As for in London ??? Well it is in London ? Let’s put it this way it’s more in London than Falmer is in Brighton.

As for filling grounds, have you only just started supporting BHA . Because cast your mind back 15 years, pretty sure even the Withdean was not filled most of the time ( in fact I know it wasn’t because when palace were away I used to take my lad and POTG)

You are embarrassing yourself now loz.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I’ve kept off this thread as I’ve not really had anything to add.

But I feel the need to point out that you really are ignorant on this point.

Feck me, how many posts were made on NSC ripping the piss out of Parish when the Fanatics were allowed to take over the seats of long term season ticket seats in the central blocks at the back of the stand?

Did the next two seasons just past you by?

No, and your atmosphere hasn’t sounded as good as before. Loads of your own fans even said so.

Believe it or not, most fans don’t believe the hype when it comes to Palace fans. We understand that your fans are much closer to the mics than ours are.

When the Amex sings as one, Selhurst is not louder. So no, your not the loudest.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

It’s not proper London, it’s not even south London. Next you’ll be saying Crawley is in London. Hardly anyone sees it as London, most see it as a shitty Surrey suburb of Croydon. Not sure why you get so precious over it, why not be proud of being from Surrey? We do it with Sussex. Is it because it makes you seem as hard and gritty? Because we all know your fans love that kind of thing.

You’ll going to have to explain how Falmer isn’t in Brighton.

Not sure how having one of the worst grounds the FL has anything to with fans not turning up to The Championship whilst having a proper ground, there’s no comparison. It’s just a bit rich to say how great your fans are when a load of them only turn up once you’re in the PL.

Thought you were supposed to be one of the more sensible ones. Well, you won’t be getting anymore sympathy from me. Crack on.

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s not proper London, it’s not even south London. Next you’ll be saying Crawley is in London. Hardly anyone sees it as London, most see it as a shitty Surrey suburb of Croydon. Not sure why you get so precious over it, why not be proud of being from Surrey? We do it with Sussex. Is it because it makes you seem as hard and gritty? Because we all know your fans love that kind of thing.

Not sure how having one of the worst grounds the FL has anything to with fans not turning up to The Championship whilst having a proper ground, there’s no comparison. It’s just a bit rich to say how great your fans are when a load of them only turn up once you’re in the PL.

Thought you were supposed to be one of the more sensible ones. Well, you won’t be getting anymore sympathy from me. Crack on.

What constitutes “real” London ?.

It’s a silly argument , you might not see Norwood as being in London but the fact is,it is.

As aside if you think of the city of London as being the centre of our beautiful capital Selhurst park is nearer to it than both Spurs and Arsenal.

The fans issue is a bit of a Willy waving contest as looking back in history both clubs have very similar fanbase.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

You are quite correct, the village of Falmer isn't in Brighton. However the stadium known as The American Express Community Stadium is in Brighton.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

You’ll going to have to explain how Falmer isn’t in Brighton.

Not that I care as you couldn’t build a ground in your city your club did the next best thing, and although it sticks in my craw a nice ground it is to.

But… from wiki

Falmer is a small village and civil parish in the Lewes District of East Sussex, England, lying between Brighton and Lewes, approximately five miles north-east of the former. It is also the site of Brighton & Hove Albion's Falmer Stadium. Falmer village is divided by the A27 road.

* edit just seen the post above* fair enough

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Croydon is a part of London, why have they been trying, unsuccessfully to attain City status since 1951?

As an aside, one of my relatives was a Mayor of Croydon in the 60s.

( Oh, the shame)

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
What constitutes “real” London ?.

It’s a silly argument , you might not see Norwood as being in London but the fact is,it is.

As aside if you think of the city of London as being the centre of our beautiful capital Selhurst park is nearer to it than both Spurs and Arsenal.

The fans issue is a bit of a Willy waving contest as looking back in history both clubs have very similar fanbase.

It’s a part of Greater London, not actual London. Just because they changed the boundary, it doesn’t make it so. South London is places like Lambeth and Brixton. Southwick isn’t a part of Brighton & Hove, even if they changed their boundary, it still wouldn’t be really. It’s just funny that your club cling to something that is widely questioned by many,

And no, Selhurst is definitely not closer than Arsenal or Tottenham to the City of London.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s a part of Greater London, not actual London. Just because they changed the boundary, it doesn’t make it so. South London is places like Lambeth and Brixton. Southwick isn’t a part of Brighton & Hove, even if they changed their boundary, it still wouldn’t be really. It’s just funny that your club cling to something that is widely questioned by many,

And no, Selhurst is definitely not closer than Arsenal or Tottenham to the City of London.

Yes you are right there I got excited 😆 just feels it when you drive, but that’s because of congestion charge avoidance.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Because cast your mind back 15 years, pretty sure even the Withdean was not filled most of the time ( in fact I know it wasn’t because when palace were away I used to take my lad and POTG)

Either your memory is failing you or mine is. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I would have sworn that our planning permission requirements at Withdean forbade us from selling tickets on the gate. That was one of the reasons it wasn't always full. A lot of people either assumed that they wouldn't get a ticket, or couldn't get in if they made the decision to go on the day.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Either your memory is failing you or mine is. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I would have sworn that our planning permission requirements at Withdean forbade us from selling tickets on the gate. That was one of the reasons it wasn't always full. A lot of people either assumed that they wouldn't get a ticket, or couldn't get in if they made the decision to go on the day.

Correct, I would get my tickets from the Queens Road shop. Also spent several games watching from the hill, including Palace. It's where I developed my loathing for early leavers, watching them stream out with 10 minutes to go & I'm craning my neck to see half the pitch! :)

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
I forgot an original 1922 football stand well loved by the nation and a third world experience in the loos in the Arthur Waite stand….��

I'm sorry loz, but I think you've got your work cut out promoting Selhurst Park. Whenever I pass the stadium it feels like time has stood still and I'm back at the Goldstone in the late '50's, dated, rather depressing and in the wrong part of town. I suspect that hardly any Palace fans live near the stadium - most, like you, live in the southern suburbs of the Croydon area or Surrey, Kent and Sussex.

Apart from the ever expanding skyline of Surrey's very own Manhattan (vying with 'little old' Woking), you could boast Croydon as the golfing capital of Britain with a ridiculous number of courses within about 10 miles of Wellesley Road. In the past, I've spent hundreds of hours on the North Downs hacking around many of them!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Correct, I would get my tickets from the Queens Road shop. Also spent several games watching from the hill, including Palace. It's where I developed my loathing for early leavers, watching them stream out with 10 minutes to go & I'm craning my neck to see half the pitch! :)

Correct, there was never an option to pay on the gate at Withdean. When we first started playing there tickets had to be purchased in advance from the Queens Road shop. After a few seasons online purchases were available on the day of the game and could be collected from the ticket office (hut) at the ground. Tickets had to be purchased a good few hours before kickoff, to allow the club to print them at Queens Road and deliver them to the stadium.

There was certainly never the option of rocking up and paying cash to enter the stadium at the gate.

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

My lad used to pick them up for me as he lives in Hove I used meet him in the car park, I presumed he must have got them at the box office, I have a liking for Notts county and Orient so would catch them when I could, but we would only decide in the morning weather dependant.

Anyway not going to go on about locations and crowd sizes, it’s meant to be about football and palace fans biggest fears.

I am actually more excited about the upcoming season than the last few if I am honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here