Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Still time Timothy. We’ve started 👍
I was contemplating what result I'd prefer - Chelsea or Palace this weekend if a dull draw wasn't an option.

Then I realised you'd be on here on Monday if you weren't well beaten - acting like the smug nob you are, so perhaps a routine Chelsea win wouldn't be so bad after all.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Johnstone officially off to Wolves. Further outgoings looking more likely than incomings today. Could be a long season

Edit: Feels like the summer we had last year except Palace don't have Europe to look forward to. Oh well.
Surely Brighton's transfer window has been exciting enough that you don't have to pointlessly misrepresent Palace's activity?
Everybody on earth has known for days that Lacroix and Nketiah were joining :lolol:

For all the talk I've read on here about a "fire sale" at Palace, we've actually sold two of our starting eleven from last season. We've also managed to trim a lot of our dead wood, and have replaced them with seven new players. Sarr & Nketiah are two players that Freedman has been desperate to sign for years.

It hasn't been a perfect window for Palace - we're probably missing a bit of depth at left wing back and it would have been nice to sign a left footed forward player. All things considered though, I think we've done well. The aim before the window will have been to ensure we don't lose too many of our star players: Olise, Eze, Wharton and Guehi. We've only ended up losing one.

Last edited:

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Surely Brighton's transfer window has been exciting enough that you don't have to pointlessly misrepresent Palace's activity?
Everybody on earth has known for days that Lacroix and Nketiah were joining :lolol:

For all the talk I've read on here about a "fire sale" at Palace, we've actually sold two of our starting eleven from last season. We've also managed to trim a lot of our dead wood, and have replaced them with seven new players.
Yep - fair play to 2010 CPFC. I think these signings genuinely mean that shot at the champions league many of your fans have predicted. If it happens we can only say fair play and move on. But for now, I have a feeling their business is absolutely superb and keeping Guahi is massive. Credit where it’s due.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Yep - fair play to 2010 CPFC. I think these signings genuinely mean that shot at the champions league many of your fans have predicted. If it happens we can only say fair play and move on. But for now, I have a feeling their business is absolutely superb and keeping Guahi is massive. Credit where it’s due.
If Palace scraped a Europa Conference League finish on the final day, I'd be doing knee slides in the garden for weeks.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
If Palace scraped a Europa Conference League finish on the final day, I'd be doing knee slides in the garden for weeks.
I think that’s the bare minimum you’ll get tbh. Nketieh is a born scorer as we saw against us in the league cup last year. Really worried it’ll be 6 points to palace this year tbh and we will be on their shadow again. I know we did it a few years back but this would be bigger given what we’ve spent now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that’s the bare minimum you’ll get tbh. Nketieh is a born scorer as we saw against us in the league cup last year. Really worried it’ll be 6 points to palace this year tbh and we will be on their shadow again. I know we did it a few years back but this would be bigger given what we’ve spent now.

I've been drinking, so I assume I'm being wooshed or something. But WTF? Nketiah has never scored more than 5 in the PL. Ok, I get it, you're taking the piss. I've decided there's not enough alcohol to make me totally immune to irony.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
I've been drinking, so I assume I'm being wooshed or something. But WTF? Nketiah has never scored more than 5 in the PL. Ok, I get it, you're taking the piss. I've decided there's not enough alcohol to make me totally immune to irony.
Nope. Lots of palace fans have said champions league and I believe they’ll get there unfortunately.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don’t do that mate, your Mum would go mad 😉

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A very good window for us. Got rid of some deadwood, kept Marc and added some good players so all and all very happy 9/10.
hopefully we can push on now and get to the magical 40 point mark then see what we can do.

i heard that edouard turned off the lights as he was last out the door 👍

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Imagine being excited about Nketiah. And good luck with the Glasner reunion, may it go as well as ETH’s!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I was contemplating what result I'd prefer - Chelsea or Palace this weekend if a dull draw wasn't an option.

Then I realised you'd be on here on Monday if you weren't well beaten - acting like the smug nob you are, so perhaps a routine Chelsea win wouldn't be so bad after all.
I’m always here simeon. I sulk a bit after a defeat but don’t we all?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Could you please quote one of your posts on here slagging him off (before this transfer window)?
I slag him off in person, ie at games, I don’t feel the need to do it on here.
I might of in the past , I can’t remember, but I’m sure someone will find it If I did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here