Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Probably not want you want to read.

Not ideal but played ok in both games IMHO the better side in both games, shit happens and hopefully Glasner learnt a valuable lesson.
from the bits I saw, Palace haven't played badly, the problem is with Chelsea next it's possible that it will be zero points going into the international break. That will knock confidence and the always Ultras may start to get restless, and Palace don't respond well to their fanboys throwing tantrums. A defeat next week leaves you firmly bottom three playing catch up before the seasons started.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Not ideal but played ok in both games IMHO the better side in both games, shit happens and hopefully Glasner learnt a valuable lesson.
I agree Palace did appear to play well in their opening two games. And in Marc Guehi they had a very good defender marshalling their defence.
The next game is Chelsea away, and Guehi could well be in the Newcastle line-up by then.

Not ideal if you're a Palace fan.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Tbh im surprised they've let Anderson go so willingly. Not top level but a pretty solid & intelligent Prem centre back & sold to a team who will be in a similar league position. Was he running down his contract?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
from the bits I saw, Palace haven't played badly, the problem is with Chelsea next it's possible that it will be zero points going into the international break. That will knock confidence and the always Ultras may start to get restless, and Palace don't respond well to their fanboys throwing tantrums. A defeat next week leaves you firmly bottom three playing catch up before the seasons started.

Well we have played catch up before, weren’t palace 13 points behind Brighton at some point last season ?

I think you can get disappointed losing games you should have won but as long as you can see the team are playing well and giving it their all and the gam is entertaining that’s all that really matters.

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Well we have played catch up before, weren’t palace 13 points behind Brighton at some point last season ?

I think you can get disappointed losing games you should have won but as long as you can see the team are playing well and giving it their all and the gam is entertaining that’s all that really matters.
yes we were well ahead of you at one point, not sure what happened,its not like we were distracted by playing some European competition, in Athens,Rome, Amsterdam and Marseilles

I agree that its disappointing to lose games when being the better team, I genuinely hope you do ok-ish this year

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing

Surely the only lesson Glasner‘s learnt is that he’s got a shite football team with little/no depth in his squad now the crown jewels (and I use that term very lightly😂😂) have been sold. So Palace having played two very poor teams have nil points, and with Chelsea to come will most likely be on played 3 lost 3 before the international break - must be time for beaky to dig deep and buy some worldies 😂😂 Sterling, Chilwell etc.. 😂😂😂😂 Meantime Brighton go from strength to strength.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

You may have been a bit unlucky not get a point against Brentford, but you I thought you were second best against West Ham. Sure, Eze had a couple of moments, but that's all you can hope for.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
You may have been a bit unlucky not get a point against Brentford, but you I thought you were second best against West Ham. Sure, Eze had a couple of moments, but that's all you can hope for.
That's all their team can hope for.

Mateta has reverted to his normal standard now Olise is gone.

There was a graph I saw which was players xG and xAssists vs the team average.

Olise was far and away top on both metrics, showing he was massively outperforming the rest of the Palace side and carrying them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's all their team can hope for.

Mateta has reverted to his normal standard now Olise is gone.

There was a graph I saw which was players xG and xAssists vs the team average.

Olise was far and away top on both metrics, showing he was massively outperforming the rest of the Palace side and carrying them.

It seems to be in their DNA. For the whole time Haha was there, he was the only player that mattered. With Olise and Eze, they seem to have 2, but's it's never been much of a team. I wondered if Guehi and Warton could change that, but as soon as you start thinking of them as a team, they lose important players.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Surely the only lesson Glasner‘s learnt is that he’s got a shite football team with little/no depth in his squad now the crown jewels (and I use that term very lightly😂😂) have been sold. So Palace having played two very poor teams have nil points, and with Chelsea to come will most likely be on played 3 lost 3 before the international break - must be time for beaky to dig deep and buy some worldies 😂😂 Sterling, Chilwell etc.. 😂😂😂😂 Meantime Brighton go from strength to strength.

I might book mark this 😁

Olise is / was a crown jewel much too good for palace as he will show in the champions league. Anderson, can’t say no to that sort of money for a 28 year old who is not in the managers plans. Glasner has added his players to the squad with 2 out and 3 in so far.

The lesson Glasner will learn is don’t sub a defensive Central midfielder with a attacking midfielder who plays on the right, who’s first contribution was to lose the ball then let Wan- Bissaka run the length of the pitch to set up the goal when the games 0.0 every one around me and including me thought it was a “strange” sub…but there you go.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Tbh im surprised they've let Anderson go so willingly. Not top level but a pretty solid & intelligent Prem centre back & sold to a team who will be in a similar league position. Was he running down his contract?
Anderson said some pretty harsh things after his departure, all quite unprofessional. However, does one really expect any different from someone who has had exposure to their South London Social and Cultural detritus?

Mind the gap!

TNBA

TTF

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
I might book mark this 😁

Olise is / was a crown jewel much too good for palace as he will show in the champions league. Anderson, can’t say no to that sort of money for a 28 year old who is not in the managers plans. Glasner has added his players to the squad with 2 out and 3 in so far.

The lesson Glasner will learn is don’t sub a defensive Central midfielder with a attacking midfielder who plays on the right, who’s first contribution was to lose the ball then let Wan- Bissaka run the length of the pitch to set up the goal when the games 0.0 every one around me and including me thought it was a “strange” sub…but there you go.
So we can agree that Palace are more than likely to be on a played 3 lost 3 after next week?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Here is what he said, not sure I really can see what he is upset about if I am honest, footballers get bought and sold all the time, he didn’t fit into the new system a club came offered money he signed for them !

Perhaps that is why the Dane was also a little surprised that his now former club would not offer him a longer deal than was the case.

"I was a bit disappointed that Palace couldn't offer me such a deal in terms of length.

- It was actually a cold and cynical move from Palace, so they could also earn the last coins on me. But that's the way it is, it's business from Palace's side, says the Dane, who will be number five at Fulham.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"I was a bit disappointed that Palace couldn't offer me such a deal in terms of length.

- It was actually a cold and cynical move from Palace, so they could also earn the last coins on me. But that's the way it is, it's business from Palace's side, says the Dane, who will be number five at Fulham.

Meh, cry me a river.

He could have run his contract down and taken a whacking signing on fee if he wanted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here