Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It’s just a cunning plan from both Spurs and Palace - at the start of the season neither of them will have a clue what they’re doing tactically, but neither will the opposition.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
How long before the fans start thinking that Beaky has hidden serious limitations?

I accept he deserves credit for stepping in and ensuring that a phoenix could rise from the flames again but he hasn't half ridden his luck. Save for Roy, his managerial appointments have been a bit 'chicken in a basket'. Mind you, fair play, mission accomplished time after time staying in the PL. Some might say that:

He's bungled the Dibley situation.
His investors want out because they can see where its going.
He's fukked fans over with seat moves.
He got overexcited with his new stand vanity plan and has delivered nothing there.
He can't get a manger.
He's got a small squad which might become even more aged if he takes the easy option and resigns all the old codgers.
His leading the 'project restart' might have been driven by needing that TV money.

It ain't easy and he maybe was the right man for the right time but things move and move quickly. He might be out of his depth now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When’s Farve joining? What a huge coup that is…

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
When’s Farve joining? What a huge coup that is…

Favre has decided not to go to The Stad de Clad for personal reasons, so it's understood Palace are now targeting either Ajax's Erik ten Hag or PSG's Mauricio Pochettino.

It's been reported that Caravan Club supremo Steve Parish is yet to decide which one he will offer the job to.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Favre has decided not to go to The Stad de Clad for personal reasons, so it's understood Palace are now targeting either Ajax's Erik ten Hag or PSG's Mauricio Pochettino.

It's been reported that Caravan Club supremo Steve Parish is yet to decide which one he will offer the job to.

I bet they’re waiting with bated breath.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How long before the fans start thinking that Beaky has hidden serious limitations?

I accept he deserves credit for stepping in and ensuring that a phoenix could rise from the flames again but he hasn't half ridden his luck. Save for Roy, his managerial appointments have been a bit 'chicken in a basket'. Mind you, fair play, mission accomplished time after time staying in the PL. Some might say that:

He's bungled the Dibley situation.
His investors want out because they can see where its going.
He's fukked fans over with seat moves.
He got overexcited with his new stand vanity plan and has delivered nothing there.
He can't get a manger.
He's got a small squad which might become even more aged if he takes the easy option and resigns all the old codgers.
His leading the 'project restart' might have been driven by needing that TV money.

It ain't easy and he maybe was the right man for the right time but things move and move quickly. He might be out of his depth now.

Has he really bungled the Zaha situation? I mean Zaha has wanted out for the last half decade, yet Parish has kept hold of him and Zaha has kept them up yet again. If Wilf had downed tools leading to their relegation, then managed to get a transfer away on the cheap you could say he bungled it, but he kept their best player at the club and that kept them in the premier league (and above us) for the past five seasons. I'd say that goes in the win column for him.

Can't argue with the rest.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Has he really bungled the Zaha situation? I mean Zaha has wanted out for the last half decade, yet Parish has kept hold of him and Zaha has kept them up yet again. If Wilf had downed tools leading to their relegation, then managed to get a transfer away on the cheap you could say he bungled it, but he kept their best player at the club and that kept them in the premier league (and above us) for the past five seasons. I'd say that goes in the win column for him.

Can't argue with the rest.

Dibley is replaceable. That was my point. They will not now get much a fee so will not have as much funds to buy one or two decent players, that was my drift.

Anyway, I forgot that some fans might also:

Feel mislead by the ringfenced money for the new stand, and
Think he is taking too much of a liberty with office rents charged to the club.

Sooner or later the fans will turn if he's not careful, or lucky again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Absolutely shocking this - a palace player, sat on talkshite, whilst Jordan has a pop at parish and talks about zaha and stats about the rest not winning many points etc and they talk about the potential managers. So unprofessional - perfect for them :ffsparr: Seems really odd to me.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...send-lucien-favre-crystal-palace-targets/amp/

Thanks for sharing that.
It's bizarre that Palace allow Townsend to go on to a high profile national radio station and voice his concerns about their dealings.
As you mentioned, it's clearly very unprofessional.

How long does Townsend have left on his contract? He's not showing much understanding of the privacy levels that should be expected from a well paid club employee.
Extremely disappointing behaviour.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks for sharing that.
It's bizarre that Palace allow Townsend to go on to a high profile national radio station and voice his concerns about their dealings.

How long does Townsend have left on his contract? He's not showing much understanding of the privacy levels that should be expected from a well paid club employee.

Townsend is out of contract and was on the Palace released list so it looks like he’s well and truly burning bridges as he leaves Selhurst.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The Sun are reporting that Steve Cooper is next in line.

If you don't want to open the link, this is part of what is written.....

And it means Palace chairman Steve Parish is now ready to turn back to Swansea boss Cooper to replace Roy Hodgson at Selhurst Park.

Palace have already been linked with Cooper, who has a £3million release fee at Swansea.

Relegated Fulham have also been interested in securing him to replace outgoing boss Scott Parker in a summer managerial merry-go-round.
The Championship club baulked at the compensation package but it isn't believed to be stopping Premier League Palace.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15397652/crystal-palace-cooper-borussia-dortmund-favre/

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for sharing that.

A few days :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well it’s been a great end of season window for them so far.

Imagine if they are in for Cooper an lad he turned them down. The only thing they’ve got on Swansea is premier league football next season, so you never know…!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It all points to a CHRONIC lack of planning. Whoever they appoint now will know he was about 14th choice on the list - and all this from a position where they knew full well that Roy was to shuffle off and dribble in a care home at least 6 months ago. Absolute shambles.

We can sit back and laugh, but bloody hell. In some construct Inception-type alternate reality if I were a Palace fan, I would be absolutely S T E A M I N G at this catastrophic cluster**** the Spiv and the Americans have landed this shabby little outfit in.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=178370&page=260

Meet Our New Manager

Marco Silva ?

Well he might not be our number one choice, but if he does get the job, we have to back him. I remember, when Hull got relegated on the last game of the season at selhurst, he clapped the Palace in the main stand and Holmesdale as he walked off, just saying.

Are they sure he wasn't just waving goodbye to the main stand?

Afterall work on the new one was due to begin late 2018.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It all points to a CHRONIC lack of planning. Whoever they appoint now will know he was about 14th choice on the list - and all this from a position where they knew full well that Roy was to shuffle off and dribble in a care home at least 6 months ago. Absolute shambles.

We can sit back and laugh, but bloody hell. In some construct Inception-type alternate reality if I were a Palace fan, I would be absolutely S T E A M I N G at this catastrophic cluster**** the Spiv and the Americans have landed this shabby little outfit in.
All the while knowing that he best part of AT LEAST £750,000,000 has gone in (and out again) of the palace bank account.

They have absolutely nothing to show for it.

- same ground.
- less players.
- no manager.
- vermin infested canteen.
- star player wants out.
- 'saviour' owners want out.

I'd be asking 'where the fook has all the money gone?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here