Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The word on the streets of East Surrey yesterday was that John Terry was being interviewed for the vacancy.
Just a rumour probably, sure someone said it was mentioned on Talksport.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Lock up your daughters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The word on the streets of East Surrey yesterday was that John Terry was being interviewed for the vacancy.
Just a rumour probably, sure someone said it was mentioned on Talksport.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Rumours I have heard, from ITK people (lucky me, shame it’s just bloody palace, but of course these are still rumours nonetheless) is Cooper from Swansea is the front runner.

Nuno was interviewed 3 times but then the Everton job became available. The difficulties that emerged and were detailed in the Athletic are also pretty much correct.

And Dyche was interviewed around the time of the Nuno interviews but didn’t do too well.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Why don't we just skip all the speculation about the appointment palace will make to progress youth and implement an exciting brand of football and skip to speculating on the pragmatic appointment made after they sack them early doors.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Rumours I have heard, from ITK people (lucky me, shame it’s just bloody palace, but of course these are still rumours nonetheless) is Cooper from Swansea is the front runner.

Nuno was interviewed 3 times but then the Everton job became available. The difficulties that emerged and were detailed in the Athletic are also pretty much correct.

And Dyche was interviewed around the time of the Nuno interviews but didn’t do too well.
I thought Cooper had stated a desire to get Swansea promoted "third time lucky". Nuno wanted to bring too many backroom staff and his demands were too great. Dyche has agreed budgets, ect with the American owners and is staying put at Burnley.
Rumour was John Terry was interviewed yesterday, even heard if the managerial rejection continues that Dougie Freeman could take the role as a caretaker.
These are just rumours from Palace I know who are STHs but far from ITK.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Meanwhile every other club is working on strengthening their squads for next season....love it!

Oh and one of their first team coaches of 8 years, Dave Reddington, has buggered off to a Danish team to be assistant manager.

Reddington’s exit means only goalkeeper coach Dean Kiely remains on the coaching staff from Hodgson’s time at the club. Assistant Ray Lewington left with the manager, who is yet to be replaced, at the end of last season.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I thought Cooper had stated a desire to get Swansea promoted "third time lucky". Nuno wanted to bring too many backroom staff and his demands were too great. Dyche has agreed budgets, ect with the American owners and is staying put at Burnley.
Rumour was John Terry was interviewed yesterday, even heard if the managerial rejection continues that Dougie Freeman could take the role as a caretaker.
These are just rumours from Palace I know who are STHs but far from ITK.

The itk rumours I referred to are not from the usual STH type but nonetheless only Beaky and his immediate cronies will know what their plan is.

Terry has made is known he wants to move into management and Smith has endorsed his potential. So this could be an interesting development. I am surprised they’ve not made an announcement yet.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The itk rumours I referred to are not from the usual STH type but nonetheless only Beaky and his immediate cronies will know what their plan is.

Terry has made is known he wants to move into management and Smith has endorsed his potential. So this could be an interesting development. I am surprised they’ve not made an announcement yet.

Terry would be perfect, made for each other. Please make this happen

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This maybe age dependant as to whether it’s your wife or daughter you need to worry about

Yes I think I gave my age away, but I don’t think Terry is choosy when it comes to age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Some betting companies now have Steve "Dobby" Cooper odds on as the next permanent manager, shame really, had hoped for Pardew and I'd see Cooper as a good appointment for them.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Re Cooper, Palace fans have been given some feedback on Cooper from a Swansea fan suggesting that he is crap and has got Swansea playing some dire stuff.
Suggestions from Parrish that the process is proving difficult.
Certainly some angst that the manager and player recruitment is not moving as they’d like.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Cooper is going to result in disaster for them, would be happy with that. His connections (meaning he could loan very good and promising players) arent going to help him a lot in the PL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Re Cooper, Palace fans have been given some feedback on Cooper from a Swansea fan suggesting that he is crap and has got Swansea playing some dire stuff.
Suggestions from Parrish that the process is proving difficult.
Certainly some angst that the manager and player recruitment is not moving as they’d like.

In fairness Roy did rather spring it on them...

...a year ago.
They've built a stand in that time.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

I have quite a good ITK source there and that is mostly correct. However, my understanding is they interviewed Dyche a couple of times, and he was keen, but he then got p****d off when they turned to Nuno, who then turned them down when Everton came calling, by which time Dyche had decided to stay with Burnley. Which is, whatever way you look at it, hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here