Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
His ability on the ball is excellent. He can pass short and long (with both feet!) and he can carry the ball out of defence. He's also blisteringly quick and very rarely beaten on the ground.

The only real weakness I've noticed over the years is that he's not particularly strong in the air, and he has a tendency to... err... perhaps allow long balls to bounce. 😬
Regarding his long passing, I wasn't impressed with his long pass into touch to give possession to Spain to start the move for their winner in the Euro final, followed by letting Oyazabal run past him to score.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
So you didn't play in Europe then? Imagine getting 3rd and not playing 1 game in Europe. 😂😂

Us playing in Europe before you, trumps the 3-1 at the Amex when we first played you there, and the play off semis. 😀
The fact that you brought up us being the first team to win a league game at the Amex and then the semi final shows how much it still hurts. What made the semi final win all the better was the arrogant way that so many Wembley hotels were booked in advance, and of course the reaction when Glen injured his knee in the 1st leg

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Where has that figure come from? The only figures I've seen are Fabrizio Romano saying £65m & the Telegraph saying "well in excess of £60m"

£65m is probably a fair fee. We get a large amount of money for a player running down his contract, and Newcastle get England's best central defender.
Huh? Stones is staying at City and Dunk at Brighton, as far as I'm aware. What Newcastle are getting is a player who has a very limited passing range, is not very good in the air and made 2 mistakes leading to Spain's winner in the Euro final.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Imagine that yeah 3rd in 1991 when the top league had far more investment and far better players than it did when we scraped a 6th. That certainly tells us !!
Yes, only the top 2 clubs qualified for Europe, and when Liverpool finished 2nd, their additional 1 year ban was swiftly overturned, to stop Europe having to deal with Palace. Who knows what would have happened if we had qualified for Europe and been able to keep the team together

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Olise 45 million + add ons

Guehi 50 million + add ons

Caicedo 115 million, no add ons money up front.

Levels.

“ There are teachers and there are students, learn your place, Palace”

😂😂😂😂
Do you really think that Caciedo was worth 115 million? Or is it just fortunate that Chelski kept bidding until Uncle Tony said yes? What was ben White sold for?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yes, only the top 2 clubs qualified for Europe, and when Liverpool finished 2nd, their additional 1 year ban was swiftly overturned, to stop Europe having to deal with Palace. Who knows what would have happened if we had qualified for Europe and been able to keep the team together
Palace would gave become a team perhaps better than the Brazil team of 1970. God how envious I am.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Do you really think that Caciedo was worth 115 million? Or is it just fortunate that Chelski kept bidding until Uncle Tony said yes? What was ben White sold for?
Liverpool bid £100 million so Chelsea had to outbid them.
White went for £50 million, entirely due to Bucketman Bielsa treaching him how to play football.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
His ability on the ball is excellent. He can pass short and long (with both feet!) and he can carry the ball out of defence. He's also blisteringly quick and very rarely beaten on the ground.

The only real weakness I've noticed over the years is that he's not particularly strong in the air, and he has a tendency to... err... perhaps allow long balls to bounce. 😬
i will take your word for it, and that Southgate may have removed that from his game for England at the Euros because i saw no evidence of it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The fact that you brought up us being the first team to win a league game at the Amex and then the semi final shows how much it still hurts. What made the semi final win all the better was the arrogant way that so many Wembley hotels were booked in advance, and of course the reaction when Glen injured his knee in the 1st leg
Here you go and welcome.
1722950261747.png

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Liverpool bid £100 million so Chelsea had to outbid them.
White went for £50 million, entirely due to Bucketman Bielsa treaching him how to play football.
Was White worth more than £50 million, given Arsenal think he is currently the best defender in England? In my view, any player is only worth as much as a club is prepared to pay. We kept hold of Zaha by putting a price on him that no-one was prepared to pay

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Who cares?

He was worth 115 m to Chelsea, otherwise they wouldn’t have bought him.

Liverpool also bid 110 million for him, so, he must have been worth in that region to them as well.

White went for 50 million,which is more than Olise went for.

Not bad business for someone who cost us zilch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Palace certainly finding out what a few good games over the radar does for player sales.

Guess we'll all soon find out if Beaky has a succession plan or lots more 0s in his bank account......

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Was White worth more than £50 million, given Arsenal think he is currently the best defender in England? In my view, any player is only worth as much as a club is prepared to pay. We kept hold of Zaha by putting a price on him that no-one was prepared to pay
And by paying him a gazillion £ per week (which no other club would offer him) meaning he stayed and took the ££

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No, but Liverpool offering £100m help us push the price up.

£50m for White was a good deal for both clubs - he wanted out (more ££)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here