Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
According to a couple of your fellow fans there's a lot of admiration in your club for what's happening at Brighton, and fear, that at the same time as our stock is evidently rising yours is sinking. Our Chairman has made first class appointments in Barber, Potter & Ashworth, the club have made some superb recruitment decisions and the infrastructure is also top notch, what's not to like about The Albion?

He won’t appear for a while - comes on after they skank another turgid cloggers win and disappears when we beat Spurs and the best team in the world away - deservedly - playing proper football. She’ll be back after their next turgid win with their pre historic brand though - don’t worry...!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
According to a couple of your fellow fans there's a lot of admiration in your club for what's happening at Brighton, and fear, that at the same time as our stock is evidently rising yours is sinking. Our Chairman has made first class appointments in Barber, Potter & Ashworth, the club have made some superb recruitment decisions and the infrastructure is also top notch, what's not to like about The Albion?

Well done for a couple of victories, and well deserved they were to. ( betting Liverpool 3.1 away on Gerrard's last swansong was a great feeling as was the 3 goals in the last 10 minutes to ruin any title chances), its sweet beating the darlings of the media.

But better late than never Palace are pouring money into the academy and it is now category 1 standard, with the new development coming on well. The U23 squad is doing OK and the U18 squad is top of the league. We are also tending to buy younger players like Eze and blooding players from the academy like Mitchell.

So for me the future is looking ok, I also think with so many players out of contract, next season will be an interesting one and that excites me TBH.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done for a couple of victories, and well deserved they were to. ( betting Liverpool 3.1 away on Gerrard's last swansong was a great feeling as was the 3 goals in the last 10 minutes to ruin any title chances), its sweet beating the darlings of the media.

But better late than never Palace are pouring money into the academy and it is now category 1 standard, with the new development coming on well. The U23 squad is doing OK and the U18 squad is top of the league. We are also tending to buy younger players like Eze and blooding players from the academy like Mitchell.

So for me the future is looking ok, I also think with so many players out of contract, next season will be an interesting one and that excites me TBH.
I’m glad you’re so confident about the future, it’s good being in the same division.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I’m glad you’re so confident about the future, it’s good being in the same division.

I must admit I feel better they are investing in the academy and the training complex rather than build a new stand with all the money...Plant the acorn and the tree will appear.

And even if we do go down the academy should start bearing its own shoots. One of things I haven't enjoyed ( Mind you there i s a list) is not seeing players from our academy being played, there is something to us fans quite satisfying to watch a young player play themselves up the ranks to the first team....or call me old fashioned.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I must admit I feel better they are investing in the academy and the training complex rather than build a new stand with all the money...Plant the acorn and the tree will appear.

And even if we do go down the academy should start bearing its own shoots. One of things I haven't enjoyed ( Mind you there i s a list) is not seeing players from our academy being played, there is something to us fans quite satisfying to watch a young player play themselves up the ranks to the first team....or call me old fashioned.
Yep it’s good, especially if they’re from the local area.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He won’t appear for a while - comes on after they skank another turgid cloggers win and disappears when we beat Spurs and the best team in the world away - deservedly - playing proper football. She’ll be back after their next turgid win with their pre historic brand though - don’t worry...!

It seems your flounce has done you the world of good sheebo. You seem reenergised and back on top form . Don’t worry , I’ll still be on here regardless :smile:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
It seems your flounce has done you the world of good sheebo. You seem reenergised and back on top form . Don’t worry, I’ll still be on here regardless as I am a prick

Píss off you boring turd.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

What are the rumours about Woy’s successor ?
he sounds like he’s off in the summer as his contract is up, or do you want him to stay ?
As much as he seems to play bland football occasionally he sets you up nicely and you play attractive attacking football, then follow it up with a defensive display, there seems no consistency in style.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m fearing another season of Roy’s anti football.

Whilst I wouldn't want him here, I've never had a problem with Hodgson's style of football.

Anti-football was the last season we had before Potter. The whole division couldn't wait to see us go. Now they seem to like us.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What are the rumours about Roy’s successor ? .

John Terry has moved to favourite with the bookies :ohmy:

One of the least likeable footballers ever and Crystal Palace FC: I'd honestly fear a rip in the space/time continuum if that galactic quantity of unpleasantness suddenly came together in the same place.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
P-A-L-A-C-E STEVIE COPPELL’S GOT VD
CRSTAL PALACE **** OFF HOME
Happy Friday All

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Read that Palace have about a dozen players with less than six months left on contracts. Several of these players are part of the old brigade with little sell on value but in the main on big money contracts. Tough few months ahead for Parrish does he renew aged players contracts or get rid and splash the cash on new.
Wilf Zaha has two and a half years left on contract so again do they try to sell and cash in or let his contract to run and reduce his market value.
I presume the ring fenced money for the stand could well be used to buy new players.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What are the rumours about Roy’s successor ?
he sounds like he’s off in the summer as his contract is up, or do you want him to stay ?
As much as he seems to play bland football occasionally he sets you up nicely and you play attractive attacking football, then follow it up with a defensive display, there seems no consistency in style.

I really have no thoughts on who the next manager will be, but I have always thought Cahill would make a good manager ??

Yes that's the frustrating thing about Roy, if you look at both the goal against Wolves and the first against Newcastle, they were both lovely bits of football. But then in the next game we are set up just not to concede ?? although to be fair on Roy I have not been a manager in pro football for 40 years and have no insight to the plan or how fit the players are or what they have been doing in training...but other than that :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Whilst I wouldn't want him here, I've never had a problem with Hodgson's style of football.

Anti-football was the last season we had before Potter. The whole division couldn't wait to see us go. Now they seem to like us.

This. Most Palace fans like Roy but I think they're all waiting for Smug Eddie to do a rebuilding job, tough ask and risky move for Eddie if you ask me.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

The thing is though, what is their end game? We did that to get established in the division. It allowed us to bed experienced players and develop youngsters. Two years in and Bloom made the change. I guess it is a risk a lot of chairmen won't take but it looks like Palace's plan is to grind their way to PL money every season. What is the point when you just use that money to grind your way to more money? For me, that is the massive problem with the PL - it is all about the money. Clubs spend a fortune getting to to PL just to get more money and use that money to get more money. Much as I am sick of the hype and their entitled fans, Leeds have come into the league and had a go. Bournemouth played some good stuff. Presumably because it went tits up for them, Palace, Burnley et al will carry on their way. But it ain't pretty. Brighton v Leeds is a much more appealing game for the neutral than Palace v Burnley.. But history shows that the pragmatic approach of those teams is more successful. Hopefully we succeed in our plan and set a precedent for other teams. Be interesting to see how Brentford do if they come up.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Be interesting to see how Brentford do if they come up.

Ah the club that offends no one...

Seeing as their chairman and our chairman are cut from similar cloth from similar backgrounds, I would imagine something.....

Similar to our plan...

Didn’t Cliff Brown (I think) once work on business projects with Tony and fell out, or am I wrong..

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Read that Palace have about a dozen players with less than six months left on contracts. Several of these players are part of the old brigade with little sell on value but in the main on big money contracts. Tough few months ahead for Parrish does he renew aged players contracts or get rid and splash the cash on new.
Wilf Zaha has two and a half years left on contract so again do they try to sell and cash in or let his contract to run and reduce his market value.
I presume the ring fenced money for the stand could well be used to buy new players.

16 players out of contract at the end of this season, 13 of those players will be 30 or over by the start of next season. Huge rebuilding job for them coming up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ah the club that offends no one...

Seeing as their chairman and our chairman are cut from similar cloth from similar backgrounds, I would imagine something.....

Similar to our plan...

Didn’t Cliff Brown (I think) once work on business projects with Tony and fell out, or am I wrong..

Cliff Crown I believe. There is definitely bad blood between them, relating to some business dealings.
Not sure of the details though.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Cliff Crown I believe. There is definitely bad blood between them, relating to some business dealings.
Not sure of the details though.

I thought the bad blood was between TB and Matthew Benham, Brentford's owner, who used to work for TB before starting his own sports book company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here