Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we...can we not do the "Woy" thing?

I know there are worse things going on out there but it's a bit mean to take the piss out of somebody's speech in this day and age. He's a decent old chap, is Roy, and I've all the time in the world for somebody who is leading Palace in the direction they're currently going, so let's show him a little respect.
I hoped someone else would step up, I was starting to feel like I was shouting into a bucket.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So Olise is out with a hamstring injury.

Who's fault is it you ask - is it the medical team? No, they warned the club not to overplay Olise as he recovers from his previous injury. So is it the manager's fault for continuing to play him past 90 minutes when they were already 3-1 up you ask? No. Roy has explained that it's actually the fans' fault, because if Roy had taken Olise off when 3-1 up, the fans would have been unhappy and wouldn't have understood.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So Olise is out with a hamstring injury.

Who's fault is it you ask - is it the medical team? No, they warned the club not to overplay Olise as he recovers from his previous injury. So is it the manager's fault for continuing to play him past 90 minutes when they were already 3-1 up you ask? No. Roy has explained that it's actually the fans' fault, because if Roy had taken Olise off when 3-1 up, the fans would have been unhappy and wouldn't have understood.

Looking at the rest of their squad, it's not surprising he felt he had no option but to play Olise. You can't have a One Man Team without your One Man, can you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking at the rest of their squad, it's not surprising he felt he had no option but to play Olise. You can't have a One Man Team without your One Man, can you?
Not sure I'd be overly impressed with Messrs Bloom, Barber & Bob, if I were expected to go from cheering on Olise to Will Hughes, in the same breath.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But, but , but, they’re the bestest fans in the whole wide world.

Aren’t they?

Attachments

• IMG_6436.jpeg
    IMG_6436.jpeg
    684.5 KB · Views: 188

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You rightly picked me up on this a few weeks ago - noted and won't be doing it again. It's not necessary.
Enda put it better than I ever could.
If Roy carries on as he currently is, he could easily deserve to be the first statue at t'amex.

#RespectTheProcess.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Enda put it better than I ever could.
If Roy carries on as he currently is, he could easily deserve to be the first statue at t'amex.

#RespectTheProcess.
If only

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When I saw the news about Olise I just assumed it was one of those instances you get where main players are reported as "injured" before a cup game when the manager wants to pplay a weakened team without admitting that's what they are doing. See also 'fixture pile up means he is tired and I need to manage my squad'.

Reading the posts about how much he has had to play since returning from a similar injury certainly would strognly suggest this is an actual injury, but is there any possibility it is just an excuse for not playing him in the cup game? I know modern 'coaches' are less inclined to hide that they are not picking their strongest teams for cup games, but Roy is an old school kind of manager, so would still want to appear to respect the cup.

Also, I am team 'stop with the 'Woy" non-sense'. It's unnecessary and, as has been pointed out before when others have previously called out people on the mean spirited non-sense, the man speaks 5 languages so has more linguistic skills than probably 99.9% of the people making fun of him.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not taking a player off for fear of the fans reaction shows a distinct lack of sensible and strong management; Roy is a fan, I know that, but I genuinely fear for his career legacy if he doesn't "step down" now and watch the club from the stands or as the Director of Football, he deserves more than being chased out of town.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Can we...can we not do the "Woy" thing?

I know there are worse things going on out there but it's a bit mean to take the piss out of somebody's speech in this day and age. He's a decent old chap, is Roy, and I've all the time in the world for somebody who is leading Palace in the direction they're currently going, so let's show him a little respect.
I think there is quite a bit of interview footage to suggest he is not that decent a chap.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
But, but , but, they’re the bestest fans in the whole wide world.

Aren’t they?
Yes, they are, the Always Ultras are actually having the Everton season ticket holders moved to the away section from their plum seats behind the goal so they can have space to do a display of threatening knitting, and bang a triangle, whilst groaning their ohh dirge.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Priceless Palace fan comment "At least we're in the 4th Rd Draw", wonderful. Meanwhile, in Europe!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here