Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
11th-14th, that's where Palace have finished in eight out of the last ten seasons. 10th and 15th in the others.

I think that's an established Premier League team.

But it must be so dull.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Genuine question. Apologies if this has already been covered (I'm not reading the whole thread!), but I'm curious to know what the palace fans think about the claim to be the oldest professional club?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Genuine question. Apologies if this has already been covered (I'm not reading the whole thread!), but I'm curious to know what the palace fans think about the claim to be the oldest professional club?

Oo, a trick question, I like it.

You've basically reworded 'Are you a ****ing twat?', in the hope that some of them fall for it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mr Trig, you cheeky monkey.
I really would like to hear the sensible palace fans views.

I appreciate you want their views, hopefully they will reply shortly.

I will add however, that the sensible ones will point out that the claim is completely farcical and embarrassing.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
11th-14th, that's where Palace have finished in eight out of the last ten seasons. 10th and 15th in the others.

I think that's an established Premier League team.

But it must be so dull.
So if Brighton next season go back to their normal 10th to 15th placing is that going to make you dull and boring ? There is a few people on this board who maybe setting themselves up to look a bit silly.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
With a large pitch of salt that’s how most of us judge it…but in a marketing way it seems to have moved a lot of shirts, in fact I saw one being worn in the Stirling arms a couple of Sundays ago that made me smile.

BTW The Stirling arms does a cracking Sunday lunch.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So if Brighton next season go back to their normal 10th to 15th placing is that going to make you dull and boring ? There is a few people on this board who maybe setting themselves up to look a bit silly.
If Brighton go back to being 10th to 15th Next season, will we be boring?
After a minimum of 6 additional matches in Europe?

No it will not have been boring.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Brighton go back to being 10th to 15th Next season, will we be boring?
After a minimum of 6 additional matches in Europe?

No it will not have been boring.
Assuming they're not bottom of the league, they'll be back on 01.09, to laugh at our draw, irrespective who we get. (Or before then if we are bottom)
Really trying hard, but failing miserably, to hide the all encompassing jealousy they're feeling because it's us and not them.

The same people who probably laughed at Wenger's 'Top 4 is a trophy' are now trying to sell us, a Europa League competitor, that 'Almost 10th' is deserving of a pat on the head and a biscuit.

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Assuming they're not bottom of the league, they'll be back on 01.09, to laugh at our draw, irrespective who we get. (Or before then if we are)
Really trying hard, but failing miserably, to hide the all encompassing jealousy they're feeling because it's us and not them.

The same people who probably laughed at Wenger's 'Top 4 is a trophy' are now trying to sell to Europa League competitors than 'Almost 10th' is deserving of a pat on the head and a biscuit.
You could not be more wrong, most of my palace mates are jealous of Brighton playing in Europe, but there it is , well deserved.

On being top 4 being a trophy , this is just my opinion, The champions league should be played by the champions and not those who came 4th, how can you be crowned champions of Europe when your not even champions in you own country?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
On being top 4 being a trophy , this is just my opinion, The champions league should be played by the champions and not those who came 4th, how can you be crowned champions of Europe when your not even champions in you own country?
Totally agree, it is nothing more than a money making machine now, for the elite clubs and UEFA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You could not be more wrong, most of my palace mates are jealous of Brighton playing in Europe, but there it is , well deserved.

Stat wasn't talking about you, and your friends probably don't post on here. He was more referring to a couple of special Palace fans who come here talking drivel.

Agreed - but since the league is more popular with more of the good teams in it, it makes sense to have a few qualify from the stronger leagues, so it should be called the European Cup or something. Just like the Europa is no longer called the Cup Winners Cup.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Assuming they're not bottom of the league, they'll be back on 01.09, to laugh at our draw, irrespective who we get. (Or before then if we are)

The same people who probably laughed at Wenger's 'Top 4 is a trophy' are now trying to sell to Europa League competitors than 'Almost 10th' is deserving of a pat on the head and a biscuit.
In fairness to them, this may prove to be the first season where their final position in the league is not lower than their relative wage costs.
TBC.

Obviously that will probably change after they resign Zaha for 1 billion dollars per week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness to them, this may prove to be the first season where their final position in the league is not lower than their relative wage costs.
TBC.

Obviously that will probably change after they resign Zaha for 1 billion dollars per week.
and knowing our luck we'll get drawn against Aberdeen, Carmarthen and Blackgang Chine Rovers, an impossible turd to polish.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wilfried Zaha will become a free agent on Friday, but the Ivory Coast forward, 30, remains in dialogue with Crystal Palace so could agree a new deal. (Mail)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He is going nowhere this coming season, he already has his next club lined up AFC Croydon Athletic.

He strikes me as someone who won't leave the area, once bitten and all that, fair play to him.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
With a large pitch of salt that’s how most of us judge it…but in a marketing way it seems to have moved a lot of shirts, in fact I saw one being worn in the Stirling arms a couple of Sundays ago that made me smile.

BTW The Stirling arms does a cracking Sunday lunch.
Someone was wearing a Palace shirt for Sunday lunch in the Stirling Arms?

I'm guessing it wasn't a grown man geez

Or did you see it in gents toilet mirror?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here