Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Zaha wants away, but because of his long contract and high wages no other club is prepared to match that financial package.
Also with 25% of any transfer fee being due to Manchester United we all agree that he's unlikely to be going anywhere this season.

However, his escape from the Stad de Clad is more likely to happen if Palace get relegated. Parish and his mates would then likely want to reduce their wage bill, and unloading a slowing Zaha would help a lot.

If I was a Palace fan, I wouldn't expect too much commitment from Zaha this season.
He wants to get away and relegation will be the easiest way of achieving it.

If I were Mr Tumble, with the money he already earned, I'd go for a trophy now, lower my wage demands and try to win something.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Lets face it, Palace are an embarrassment to the Premier League. A rotting shack of a ground that is barely League One standard, a team that plays truly stultifying anti-football in their comical gaudy jesters costumes, in front of a bunch of goons who think wearing black hoodies and banging a drum for 2 hours constitutes "generating an atmosphere". They are the runts of the division, and although they'll openly revel in that, the sooner they piss off back to the second division (losing circa 10,000 fans in the process), the better it will be for all concerned. Then we can at last fumigate the place, and ideally forget they even exist.

Lets make room for more Brentfords and Fulhams. Nobody wants trash like Palace hanging around stinking out the place any more.

Any others you would like to remove from the Premier League? What makes Brentford and Fulham so special? Have you been to Craven Cottage? Are you likely to get into Brentford's new ground? Maybe there should be some new criteria for premier league membership. Shiny new ground, tiki taki football, neutral shirts, fans that dress in suits etc, and clap politely, wealthy owners. Any other suggestions?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This one’s deluded and bites like the others but I suppose the only positive is at least he’s not just here when they scrape a win…

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Any others you would like to remove from the Premier League? What makes Brentford and Fulham so special? Have you been to Craven Cottage? Are you likely to get into Brentford's new ground? Maybe there should be some new criteria for premier league membership. Shiny new ground, tiki taki football, neutral shirts, fans that dress in suits etc, and clap politely, wealthy owners. Any other suggestions?

You’re aware that Fulham are investing heavily in upgrading Craven Cottage, and Brentford have a brand new stadium, meanwhile your slum has continued to deteriorate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Not been to the new Brentford yet, but I've been to Craven Cottage several times down the years, and its a thousand times better than the Benghazi-inspired fast-food-festooned hellhole that your slum club resides in. I'm not interested in the shiny corporate world you paint in your missive either, but neither am I fond of stepping back into 1975 when I go to a football match. Which is why my days of visiting the stinking landfill site that is Selhurst Park, with its shambling gaggle of sad coked-up goons posing as "ultras", are well and truly behind me now.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If I were Mr Tumble, with the money he already earned, I'd go for a trophy now, lower my wage demands and try to win something.

Who would want him?

Any team in this country with the ability to win a major trophy, already has better players, in this I include the traditional top four, Leicester,and Spurs. He doesn’t strike me as a Benitez type player, Arteta already has a show pony in Pepe, and him and Bielsa would be comedy gold. Villa is a possibility, unlikely, but still a possibility.
I can’t see any other team in England actually winning a trophy worth winning. So, he’d have to move abroad to win anything, I can’t see many teams paying his extortionate wages apart from the European super teams, but, as in this country, they have better options.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton

You're a touchy little soul... You're Palace, we're Brighton - why would we care about any of this this, once you, your handful of ultras and your embarrassing crap heap are gone? Maybe you don't get how a rivalry works - you seem to spend a lot of your time on here, and god knows you don't appear to have the nous for a career as a troll, son. Do you think we're all pals, really?

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Shiny new (built in the 1800s) Craven Cottage ? The ground next to the river with loads of decent pubs within a short walk ? Griffin Park…..with a pub on each corner and concrete terraces (can’t comment on the new place yet obviously) ? Better than your shit-heap ? Yes, infinitely. Neutral shirts ? Nothing screams ‘neutral’ more than a sea of black hoodies, does it (tbf not worth buying colours if you’re going to **** off as soon as relegation happens and crowds drop back to 10k in the Championship) ? As regards wealthy owners, what’s that Harris bloke worth ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Just 2 games gone and the 5 point difference seems to have got to our friends "'op North" . Long way to go yet. :ffsparr:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Palace are just signing a load of relegation players.

They are in big trouble this season

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Bloody Hell, looks like they mean business,Will Hughes for six million quid. We're really in trouble now!:ffsparr:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Not so much scraping the bottom of the barrel as taking an angle grinder to it.

I think that's a bit harsh. The thing is he's spent most of his time in the division championship, so its certainly a bit uninspiring despite him being pretty decent. It feels a bit like spending money for the sake of it. He'll do their dirty work but won't really improve the starting 11 much..

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I believe we have finished above you for many seasons now, and the one season we didnt, the play offs sorted that out.

It’s massively annoying but you’ve got us there. That’s why my targets are for this season are (in order of priority)

1 Finish above you lot
2 Get to Christmas not looking over our shoulder too much
3 Hit 40 points nice and early and relax
4 Anything beyond that will be supremely funky

Maybe it is small club mentality (OK, it totally is) but even finishing 19th would be tolerable if the Croydon gang were 20th. I’m cautiously optimistic that our sights are a little higher this year but let’s not go mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here