Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fan Conversion - The Amex / Poyet Axis Effect

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Going on from the "Arsenal STHs" thread, a mate of mine who openly admitted to actively supporting Palarse, REVEALED to me yesterday that he has bought x2 tickets for the Amex.

Basically, he has lived in Brighton for many a year and his kids have grown up here. He no longer goes to Smellhurst as he's lost interest in their pathetic annual scrap to avoid relegation and general lack of a future. His kids are growing up as true blue & white Albion fans.

So, and fair play to him, he has bitten the bullet, seen the light, let the penny drop and purchased tickets for him & his son.

When it comes to a real "Acid Test" of how popular STs are, then I think we have it right here people!

Sorry for starting a new thread on a similar topic, but in my eyes there is a hell of a difference between locally based Prem Team fans and Palarse fans converting.

:amex::amex::banana::bhasign:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bit concerning he can jump ship for this? Were we not in the same position a few years back? Where's the loyalty?

Maybe FBS has the answer?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I say "Welcome from the Dark Side". People should always be allowed to repent, especially if they live in Sussex!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How will he react to anti palace songs that many of our younger fans sing although having no knowlwdge about the reason for them.

Didnt Mike Ward, who is now a reputed authority on all things Albion. make the same move.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Season 1 will be busy. Season 2 at the Amex will be the big test for people renewing their season tickets. I certainly don't want an MK Dons situation at the Albion.

Was watching highlights at the Ricoh on Sky today, that stadium is totally wasted for about 24 fans to go watch Coventry, total disgrace... I'd say not a Coventry situation over MK Franchise?

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Season 1 will be busy. Season 2 at the Amex will be the big test for people renewing their season tickets. I certainly don't want an MK Dons situation at the Albion.

im sure that wont happen were not a plastic club the the dongs and everyones been waiting for such a long time for this that im sure alot will renew next year

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Going on from the "Arsenal STHs" thread, a mate of mine who openly admitted to actively supporting Palarse, REVEALED to me yesterday that he has bought x2 tickets for the Amex.

Basically, he has lived in Brighton for many a year and his kids have grown up here. He no longer goes to Smellhurst as he's lost interest in their pathetic annual scrap to avoid relegation and general lack of a future. His kids are growing up as true blue & white Albion fans.

So, and fair play to him, he has bitten the bullet, seen the light, let the penny drop and purchased tickets for him & his son.

When it comes to a real "Acid Test" of how popular STs are, then I think we have it right here people!

Sorry for starting a new thread on a similar topic, but in my eyes there is a hell of a difference between locally based Prem Team fans and Palarse fans converting.

:amex::amex::banana::bhasign:

So what happens when we have a bad season and Palace have a good one? Will we covert back? To me he sounds a bit of a tit who wasn't a proper fan in the first place.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

What MK Skum situation?! They never have had any fans?!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Was watching highlights at the Ricoh on Sky today, that stadium is totally wasted for about 24 fans to go watch Coventry, total disgrace... I'd say not a Coventry situation over MK Franchise?

In fairness to Coventry they had 14,300 yesterday and 15,500 for their previous home game. They're in a relegation battle, have lost 9 home games (only 3 home wins since beginning of Dec) and have been shit for years. We'd struggle to get that many in the same situation so you're right, not a Coventry situation if/when we hit the skids. Mind you, with a 22,500 capacity, it wouldn't look as empty at The Amex.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Send missionaries into darkest Croydon and convert the heathen natives to the light. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition !!!!

243.jpg

Dr Poyet I presume?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He no longer goes to Smellhurst as he's lost interest in their pathetic annual scrap to avoid relegation and general lack of a future. His kids are growing up as true blue & white Albion fans.

I cannot believe how you can just change allegiance, your club is in your blood

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In fairness to Coventry they had 14,300 yesterday and 15,500 for their previous home game. They're in a relegation battle, have lost 9 home games (only 3 home wins since beginning of Dec) and have been shit for years. We'd struggle to get that many in the same situation so you're right, not a Coventry situation if/when we hit the skids. Mind you, with a 22,500 capacity, it wouldn't look as empty at The Amex.

Fair comment.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Will we have to have some sort of barrel full of disinfectant to dunk all these converts in on arrival at Falmer.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The stadium is like a magnet,everyones getting pulled in by the Force-field.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here