Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace expecting crowd of 18-19,000...so thats 8,000 empty seats

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
You Really think your club is running on a Break Even Basis after uncle Tony Spunks Millions on an Overrated League 1 Striker? Also threatening to get his cheque Book out again this month? Our Club is looking much healthier in the long term Finance wise, weather you currently in debt (or not, Which i seriously doubt).

Is this a joke?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
So one second uncle Tony doesn't expect to see a penny back,the next you say repayments start in 19 years ?
Is it a loan or a gift ?

No. It's an unsecured convertible debt that doesn't become repayable for another 19 years and even then Tony Bloom has said that he doesn't expect to see a penny of his money back. He fully expects to convert it all into equity shares.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
You Really think your club is running on a Break Even Basis after uncle Tony Spunks Millions on an Overrated League 1 Striker? Also threatening to get his cheque Book out again this month? Our Club is looking much healthier in the long term Finance wise, weather you currently in debt (or not, Which i seriously doubt).

I've explained the situation to you. If you don't understand then that's your hard luck. You might want to get one of these other Palace trolls who at least seem to have a bit of nous to review your next post before you hit 'reply'. You're letting them all down with your spectacular ignorance.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Any businessman who doesn't want a return on a loan, shouldn't be in business.

This clearly isn't a business decision though, is it. He's a lifelong fan, all his family are fans, his uncle's a director, his grandad, Harry was vice-chairman in the 70s. The Blooms are part of the Albion furniture. Fortunately for us, Tony Bloom is a very, very good businessman.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nah....................90 mill was just for the Amex phase ONE.
On top of that is 20 mill to underwrite trading losses at Withdean, and a further 40 mill for the Amex phase TWO and new training ground.

Uncle T has in fact SPUNKED £150 million on the Albion
Is the £90M an inaccurate figure (c£93M before East Stand 1901 and corporate/restaurant upgrades) ? Uncle Tony decided to improve the spec to make it super top notch before completion which added another few mill , one figure suggests the total is nearer £105M

Jan 12, 2012
This clearly isn't a business decision though, is it. He's a lifelong fan, all his family are fans, his uncle's a director, his grandad, Harry was vice-chairman in the 70s. The Blooms are part of the Albion furniture. Fortunately for us, Tony Bloom is a very, very good businessman.

I dont doubt it for one minute Joey, im sure he's a huge Brighton fan,but it doesn't add up to me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Any businessman who doesn't want a return on a loan, shouldn't be in business.

TB is also a world class poker player and he knows he is in a win-win situation , either he gets a good return on his "investment" or the loan is converted into shares which will be handed down to his children.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No. It's an unsecured convertible debt that doesn't become repayable for another 19 years and even then Tony Bloom has said that he doesn't expect to see a penny of his money back. He fully expects to convert it all into equity shares.

Im pretty sure its repayable over the next 19 years, interest free, and anything outstanding at that point converts into shares. Considering how much money we are making now because of the stadium (about 13m a season in ticket revenue alone), I think we'll repay that easy to be honest, especially if we can spend a few seasons in the top flight.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Listen, I know You prove Day after day (there's 430+ Posts to Prove it) that you're a Fick F*ck, but what Is it With you and your totally random Capital Letters? I have You Down as a Fourteen year old Kid, am I Right? If so, Ain't it about Time You went out to Find a Girlfriend? I'm sure girls Your Own age love all This random Capital sh*t. (along with X Factor, Subway and Rioting). Personally I find You and IT utterly mind numbingly Boring.

Last edited:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Listen, I know You prove Day after day (there's 430+ Posts to Prove it) that you're a Fick F*ck, but what Is it With you and your totally random Capital Letters? I have You Down as a Fourteen year old Kid, am I Right? If so, Ain't it about Time You went out to Find a Girlfriend? I'm sure girls Your Own age love all This random Capital sh*t. Personally I find You and IT utterly mind numbingly Boring.

I find it intriguing. Can't see any pattern to it, it really does seem completely random. Utterly bizarre.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
There were loads of tickets left at the Brighton end of things when I asked in the ticket office on Wednesday. Might be a different case now.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
There were loads of tickets left at the Brighton end of things when I asked in the ticket office on Wednesday. Might be a different case now.

You still need to have been a STH at Withdean (250), a STH at Amex (1000), been to all 4 cup games (40), and done another 3 away games (60) to buy tickets even now, so not surprised there were a fair few left.

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
Listen, I know You prove Day after day (there's 430+ Posts to Prove it) that you're a Fick F*ck, but what Is it With you and your totally random Capital Letters? I have You Down as a Fourteen year old Kid, am I Right? If so, Ain't it about Time You went out to Find a Girlfriend? I'm sure girls Your Own age love all This random Capital sh*t. (along with X Factor, Subway and Rioting). Personally I find You and IT utterly mind numbingly Boring.

This is clearly a wind up, as long as you can read my posts, Why should you care? And you have me own as a 14 year old? Thats Good to know. I have You down as a kid who clearly always seems a little stressed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Im pretty sure its repayable over the next 19 years, interest free, and anything outstanding at that point converts into shares. Considering how much money we are making now because of the stadium (about 13m a season in ticket revenue alone), I think we'll repay that easy to be honest, especially if we can spend a few seasons in the top flight.

I think it is repayable IN 19 years, rather than over years. Strictly it is a balloon rather than repayment loan.

However the debt is convertible so unless the club has a huge pot of cash the loan is effectively written off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here