Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace do you want them to get relegated?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or do you want them to wait for us in Div 1 next season?

If we don't go up I'd love it if they were relegated but if we do.....I'd still love it.

Being a division above Palace would be fun for a few seasons. A couple of pre-season friendlies to rub it in would be essential.

I'd rather we weren't in the same division as them until Falmer is built. Reading and Cardiff in the same division at the same time as well would be perfect.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
TC said:
Only if we don't go up!:clap2:

You took the words out of my mouth TC.

:clap2:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
palace coming down brighton going up again
palace coming down brighton going up again

fav chant:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Naturally, it would be highly amusing (it would lower the tone of Division Two though).

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
i'm not sure really if i want palace to go down, as would be really funny for us to be a divsion above them, but i would be looking forward tol a trip to selhurts next season to get our revenge and beat them, if we didn't go up then i would deffinetly want them to go down!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What kind of stupid dumb-assed question is that? Of course I want them to go down. And if we go up, more the better. I could live with that if we're in a higher division.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I wanted Palace to get relegated last time they should have done(when we went up from Div3)

Because we would still have won the league the following season, and therefore finished above them!

OK, so beating them at Selhurst next season (in Div 1 or in Div 2) would exorcise some demons, but surely being a division above them is much, much better.

Yes, I would happily see them go down - but I want MK Dons to go down much more. If it's the last day of the season and one or other will go down, I will deperately hope it's the MK scum, even if we are stuck in Div 2. There are years ahead in which we can beat the living daylights out of Palace, ensure we are always above them in the league structure, and all the other things that would give us all pleasure, but surely the destruction of Winkelman's lot is more important short-term goal.

Still, preferred end of season sees MK Dons bottom, Palace next, and then Stoke (back where they belong, in the 2nd Div). And us, natch, top of Div 2.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yes. Absolutely. Even if we get promoted meaning we won't play them. Being a division above them would probably be better than beating them anyway.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
A good thread and a real toughie. I could never see myself willing them to stay out the bottom 3 just to play them, so I guess I've come to terms with the answer. It's just too much fun watching them lurch from crisis to crisis at the moment to suddenly wish for an about turn

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
brighton rock said:
dream on chaps,it's the play offs for palace this season:eek:
medium-smiley-002.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here