Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace disallowed goal

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
ball hit the back of the net and came straight back out. Officials did not see it and so the goal did not count. :laugh:

Anyone else seen it?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not yet...but I am quite looking forward to it...plus the sight of Neil Warnock exploding in incandescent rage!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
optical illusion ? :smile:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Heard about this on the radio on the way back and nearly crashed at the Dorking Cock roundabout I was laughing so much.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Reminds me of a certain special moment for Clive Allen all those years ago...

From Wikipedia:

During his time at Palace, Allen "scored" one of the most controversial disallowed goals of all-time. During Palace's 3-1 away defeat to Coventry City, on 6 September 1980, Allen, who had already scored earlier in the game, was fouled just outside the Coventry penalty area. Allen took the free-kick himself, which thumped against the right-hand stanchion inside the goal (from Allen's view), then appeared to hit the net, before coming back out again. After much arguing and consulting with his linesman, the referee decided that the goal did not count, and this counted towards a season of misery for Palace, in which they were eventually relegated.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Reminds me of a certain special moment for Clive Allen all those years ago...

From Wikipedia:

During his time at Palace, Allen "scored" one of the most controversial disallowed goals of all-time. During Palace's 3-1 away defeat to Coventry City, on 6 September 1980, Allen, who had already scored earlier in the game, was fouled just outside the Coventry penalty area. Allen took the free-kick himself, which thumped against the right-hand stanchion inside the goal (from Allen's view), then appeared to hit the net, before coming back out again. After much arguing and consulting with his linesman, the referee decided that the goal did not count, and this counted towards a season of misery for Palace, in which they were eventually relegated.

I also seem to remember Southampton scoring at The Dell and not being noticed. Some player thumped the ball it to the back of the net and it came straight back out after hitting an advertising hoarding behind the back of the net

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
It was a goal yes but the ref was just behind the play so why he would think his linesman 40 yards away could see better than him who was 10 yards away is just a bit baffling! Warnock and Jordan doing their pieces as you would expect but all the screaming and bitching in the world isnt going to change anything. Time to move on its done and dusted.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
It was a goal yes but the ref was just behind the play so why he would think his linesman 40 yards away could see better than him who was 10 yards away is just a bit baffling! Warnock and Jordan doing their pieces as you would expect but all the screaming and bitching in the world isnt going to change anything. Time to move on its done and dusted.

Chin Up :salute::laugh::laugh:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I am fine thanks as i said its all done and dusted so why dwell on it. First point for the new Brighton revolution today i see? Congratulations

Yes, we had a goal disallowed too. Still never mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here