Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace co-owner promises tellys

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
steve-parish-thumb.jpg

Steve Parish, Palace co-owner.

(On season ticket sales closing on 9,000). "I'm pleased with that. We'd obviously always like more, but I think that the fans have shown real loyalty to the club there. We'd love more, but we've got to give them a bit more. We need to drag people out of their living rooms and the shopping centres and we can do that in a variety of ways".

"We're working hard to get HD TV's round most of the concourses in the close season. We're improving the bars and the restaurants. The Players Lounge area will be a completely new bar and the whole experience will be uplifted, despite the prospect of some heavy defeats obviously. So we're doing a lot to to try and improve on and off the pitch, and hopefully that will move more people to come to the games".

"We're also looking at improving security at Selhurst Park. We had an unfortunate incident last weekend when a small group of tragically deformed, semi-literate urban croydonites, led by a drunken, unemployed beer-swilling troll with personal hygiene issues somehow managed to break into the ground. We found them at the back of the Arthur Wait stand clutching a series of childishly poor quality home-made banners, attempting to begin a chant about something being enormous or massive, but which rapidly degenerated into unintelligible gibberish, before they started fighting amongst themselves and crying".

"Fans can rest assured that these tragic individuals were swiftly removed from the premises and released back into the wild, where they were last seen shambling towards a well-known local crack den. We have since added new padlocks to our gates, although god alone knows why we bother trying to guard this embarrassing, delapidated, decrepid stinking old cesspit. Its like putting barbed wire around a turd. And yes, you can print that".

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Best effort for ages.

"It's like putting barbed wire round turd" Quality

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The 5-0 match was almost 9 years ago. The club's have played each other 3 times since then, with honours even. Andy Johnson is but a distant memory. Don't you think it looks a bit pathetic to regurgitate this stat like it has meaning anymore?

The Albion beat Palace 5-0 on 14th January 1956. We've also beaten you 5 out of the last 6 times we've played each other over the Xmas Bank Holiday period. And we lead the head to head 36 wins to 34. But none of that counts for much right now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think he was insinuating I had time on my hands.

Which, to be fair, I did.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lolol: very good, had me up to the "prospect of some heavy defeats" bit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he was insinuating I had time on my hands.

Which, to be fair, I did.

Quite a clever image that then, with 5 fingers and a 0 in the palm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here